Pedro meets King face to face for the first time

BallochBear

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So whatever Robertson, Dickson and Park said to Pedro about the amount of transfer fund he'll have available to him in summer, and which was presumably instrumental in persuading Pedro to sign up, will have been tested in meeting King.   Bound to have been tested.   Its a near certainty that Pedro's way of working will have been to look King in the eye and test if what he's been told / promised will be honoured.    He (Pedro) does not come over as a guy to mess about with.   King meets the devil and no ifs, maybes or bullshit - or curry sauce - from King is going to dance its way round Pedro's senses.    No way.

We'll see come the summer transfer window which players arrive, and which players leave and who will be in the first team squad for next season.  I'm sure we'll get a sense of whether or not King lives up to whatever Pedro has been promised.   Going with this will be the objectives Pedro has agreed for next season.   Clear, realistic objectives and sufficient dosh to achieve them go hand in hand.  

So no hiding place for King.   It's get real time or its not just the wrath of Pedro he'll be feeling.   Maybe that's why King looked a bit uncomfortable yesterday.   He's in the ring with somebody who knows what's what and who knows fake promises and bluff when he sees it.   

Let's see what King delivers, and lets see what sort of squad Pedro shapes for next season.   It sure as hell needs to perform a damn sight better than the squad this season.   

8 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

220317_king_caixinha_mr_singhs_01.thumb.

PC - "So, Mr King? What will it be? Moglai Masala, Dansak, Keema Somosa, Roshan?"

DK - "No, I keep telling you, we can't afford all these foreign players!"

The conversation continued.....

PC: I think we can get a good dhal on them

DK: I’m glad you can to rice to the challenge Pedro but I’ve got naan cash left. I'll have to curry a favour from the bears for them. DK suddenly thinks to himself I’m gonna balti before this gets out of my depth, Shakes Pedro's hand and says goodbye.