King looking to strike a deal

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I hope DK keeps it up he has his faults but KJ has been kicking shit out him for months for not given him interviews... I expect the attack on DK by this cunt will step up now! 

... DK has driven us mad with some of the shite he has come out with ... right enough ..... but if he continues to cause KJ to shit the bed because he is being ignored .... I'm unaccustomly all for this affirmative action ... and say well done Dave, you are now getting the message we are sick to death with the daily retard and all who work there ..... and thanks for sorting out one of our main wishes.

:UK: 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

That flies in the face of the official statement we put out saying we'd accept the resignation and agree to no compensation provided we didn't have to pay them anything - or is my memory playing tricks on me? 

"This compensation amount was agreed when Rangers significantly improved Mr Warburton and Mr Weir’s financial arrangements before the start of this season. The board urgently convened to consider the offer made on behalf of the management team and its ramifications and agreed to accept it and release the trio from the burden of compensation, despite the potential financial cost to the club."

Official club statement , not sure if King would argue he told third party he'd not wave compensation but club relented once Warburtons agent made official contact.

If King hadn't been so loud-mouthed at the start then Ashley may not have been so bloody-minded.  With Ashley's track record he was always likely to be stubborn if he perceived he was being insulted or challenged.     Careful negotiation was always going to be the only way to get a resolution if it was to be at all possible.   Judging by the tone of the latest outpouring from King there has hopefully been dialogue between RFC and SD.    Having said that, it may just be wishful thinking by DK.   

4 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

"This compensation amount was agreed when Rangers significantly improved Mr Warburton and Mr Weir’s financial arrangements before the start of this season. The board urgently convened to consider the offer made on behalf of the management team and its ramifications and agreed to accept it and release the trio from the burden of compensation, despite the potential financial cost to the club."

Official club statement , not sure if King would argue he told third party he'd not wave compensation but club relented once Warburtons agent made official contact.

Can you do me a favour and post the whole statement for me please ... I'm not saying you've took it out of context or are wrong, I can't remember the whole statement it's just I remember reading it at the time thinking no compensation owed or paid - good deal, clean break all round. 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can you do me a favour and post the whole statement for me please ... I'm not saying you've took it out of context or are wrong, I can't remember the whole statement it's just I remember reading it at the time thinking no compensation owed or paid - good deal, clean break all round. 

Roddy Forsyth 

11 FEBRUARY 2017 • 10:47 AM

Mark Warburton is no longerRangers manager after a week of sensational behind the scenes manoeuvres which saw the former Brentford boss and his assistant, David Weir, and head of recruitment, Frank McParland, have their resignations accepted by the Ibrox board before their agent attempted to have them reinstated.

Confusion intensified on Friday night after reports suggested Warburton had denied he had resigned his post.

Telegraph Sport, though, can reveal that Warburton and Weir were on the verge of dismissal – they would almost certainly have been gone next week – but by offering their resignations they have saved the club around £700,000. The contorted drama began on Tuesday when Warburton’s agent, Dave Lockwood, approached the Ibrox directors and asked for the trio to be released from their contracts, which had almost another year to run.

The Rangers board convened on Wednesday and agreed to accept the management team’s resignations and the deal was agreed. They were, however, stunned to be approached by Lockwood again and asked if all three could remain in their posts.

Warburton and assistant David Weir CREDIT: PA

During this passage Warburton and Weir were strongly tipped for the vacant managerial positions at Nottingham Forest, but Gary Brazil and Jack Lester were on Friday put in charge at the City Ground until the end of the season. After Lockwood’s proposal that Warburton, Weir and McParland should remain at Ibrox, the Rangers board met and agreed that since their resignations had already been accepted, there should be no change in the club’s position.

A statement on the club website read: “Rangers have accepted the resignations of manager Mark Warburton, assistant manager David Weir and the club’s head of recruitment Frank McParland.

“At a meeting with the management team’s representative earlier this week the club were advised that Mr Warburton, Mr Weir and Mr McParland wished to resign their positions and leave the club on condition that Rangers agreed to waive its rights to substantial compensation. Rangers’ agreement to waive compensation would assist the management team to join another club.

“This compensation amount was agreed when Rangers significantly improved Mr Warburton and Mr Weir’s financial arrangements before the start of this season. The board urgently convened to consider the offer made on behalf of the management team and its ramifications and agreed to accept it and release the trio from the burden of compensation, despite the potential financial cost to the club.

“It is important that Rangers has a football management team that wants to be at the club and that the Board believes can take the club forward to meet our stated ambition to return to being the number one club in Scotland. We are clearly short of where we expected to be at this time.

“The representative acting for the management team subsequently attempted to alter the terms of what had been agreed in favour of the management team. A further board meeting was held this afternoon to discuss this and it was decided not to agree to this additional request but to hold with the original agreement. Mr Warburton, Mr Weir, and Mr McParland have therefore been notified in writing that their notices of termination have been accepted.

“The board is very appreciative of the good work previously done by the management team but believes it had no alternative. Our club must come first and absolute commitment is essential.

“On Sunday Under-20s coach Graeme Murty will take interim charge of the team. We know our support will give him and our team their full backing. We thank our support for their loyalty and desire to be the best.

Rangers have been nudged out of second place in the Scottish Premiership by Aberdeen’s superior goal difference and the Dons not only have a game in hand but are due to play Celtic only once more in the league campaign, while the Ibrox side must meet the champions twice.

The management team’s resignations came ahead of Sunday’s Scottish Cup fifth round tie at home to Greenock Morton. They also preceded a day of farcical denials by Warburton when asked about speculation linking him with Nottingham Forest.

“I have been linked with so many clubs apparently, it is farcical,” he said. “It is the same quality of story as that Frank McParland (Rangers’ head of recruitment) is going to get sacked or quit when he is on holiday.

“All I am saying is do some research in the stories. There is no interest (from Forest) and it is not a story.”

Had Warburton, Weir and McParland been sacked by Rangers – whose board had become disenchanted by repeated connections with clubs in England - the club would have had to pay £1.2 million compensation. As matters stand,Telegraph Sport understands that outstanding contractual commitments will cost Rangers £500,000.

Warburton was not available for comment on Friday night, having told this correspondent earlier in the day that there was no truth in allegations that he wanted to quit Rangers. 

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That flies in the face of the official statement we put out saying we'd accept the resignation and agree to no compensation provided we didn't have to pay them anything - or is my memory playing tricks on me? 

I thought that as well reading it. Not what the official statement said.

You actually can unresign although not sure how football contracts work. But if you work for a company for over 2 years, and resign,you have the right to change your mind within 72 hours. Acas told me that 10 years ago when I resigned from work due to disciplinary matters.

6 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

If King hadn't been so loud-mouthed at the start then Ashley may not have been so bloody-minded.  With Ashley's track record he was always likely to be stubborn if he perceived he was being insulted or challenged.     Careful negotiation was always going to be the only way to get a resolution if it was to be at all possible.   Judging by the tone of the latest outpouring from King there has hopefully been dialogue between RFC and SD.    Having said that, it may just be wishful thinking by DK.   

Ashley has run rings around King. 

2 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Ashley has run rings around King. 

Don't talk pish! ?

We should just have one thread set up in the boardroom so you usual bangers can all just wank themselves over Ashley and bitch and greet and Dave King. You cunts are worse than the yessers FS! Let it go. ??

6 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Ashley is a bullying cunt. Yes Mike no Mike 3 bags full Mike. All he wants to hear. There was no chance of a reasonable negotiation. He continues to hide the nature of the deal... Why ?

9 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Tell SD to give us all the shirt deal money let us run the megastore simply for us and they can sell our tops in SD and keep all the profit they make from them. 

I could live with that. 

One thing we really need is a presence in the city centre. The club isn't being advertised at all which is bound to be negative towards income.

It was a direct approach, but I said off the record we wouldn’t waive the compensation.

“It was an indirect approach, but directed to me in terms that I had the conversation, but it wasn’t officially from Forest.

Aye but no but aye but no, well maybe, but definately might have been but then again might not have been:hmmm:

2 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Ashley is a bullying cunt. Yes Mike no Mike 3 bags full Mike. All he wants to hear. There was no chance of a reasonable negotiation. He continues to hide the nature of the deal... Why ?

Do you not think King would have been better to have tried negotiation instead of aggression at the very outset?

10 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Imagine trying to un resign :lol:

that is a red neck. Imagine going to your work, resigning and then going back the next day and saying, " er..I am still resigning - as are all my back room team but could we hold off a wee bit till my next job actually want me to start?"

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

Don't talk pish! ?

We should just have one thread set up in the boardroom so you usual bangers can all just wank themselves over Ashley and bitch and greet and Dave King. You cunts are worse than the yessers FS! Let it go. ??

Valid criticism of King does not equate to some form of love for Ashley.  Frankly I wish both of them were not involved with Rangers.

To be fair he should have been trying to strike a deal as soon as he got his feet under the table.

There does appear to be little to no chance we'll get out of the current deal so I certainly hope they can come to a working agreement on how to work with one another.  It would be to the benefit of both parties.

59 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Do you not think King would have been better to have tried negotiation instead of aggression at the very outset?

They should have got round the table and sorted it like Adults for the good of Rangers.

This contract must be watertight as Graham Wallace when he was at Rangers said it was which you'd think he'd know.

5 hours ago, Trooblue said:

I don't have much time for King but good on him for having nothing to do with the Celtic-funded comic.  If only other 'Rangers men' (Ferguson, Smith etc) would do the same. 

Are you actually trying to insinuate that Ferguson or Smith aren't Rangers men?