Forget about King spending any more time here

Virtuoso

More lies and deflection from the GaSL

The Ibrox chairman has found his whole experience in charge at the Light Blues almost completely joyless

DAVE KING knows the perception is he is not in Glasgow nearly enough.

The way he sees it? He is in town far more often than he would like.

Dave King would happily hand over the Ibrox reins to someone else if they could do as good a job in charge

King shakes his head at that idea, imagining the look on his wife’s face if he even suggested it.

No. the Rangers chairman is happy with how things are, thank you very much.

Well, that’s not quite true, because in two years in charge he’s found the whole experience almost completely joyless.

In a rare, wide-ranging interview, King said: “I’m not going to leave South Africa, that’s for sure.

“Listen, I don’t think it’s an issue. Personally I think it’s an advantage me not being here.

“The only disadvantage of me not being available on a regular basis would be in the corporate hospitality side of things.

“Ideally you would have the chairman at games, meeting everyone and talking to them. That would be a perfect world.

“But then you have got to dial back and ask ‘What is right for the club?’.

“Let’s imagine I step down, feeling there was an issue. Where would the club be in a year’s time?

“You’ll remember from interviews I did initially on the regime change, I said I did not want to get involved at Rangers, I did not want to invest in Rangers. My position remains the same. If anyone wants to come in and do the job better then they can come in.

“But I’m left in a situation that, despite attempts from different rescue operations, I became the one who had to come in and do it.

“Did I want to do it? No, I absolutely didn’t want to.

“But is the club better with a local chairman? I don’t know because where would he come from?

“Have there been times when I wished I hadn’t done it? No.

“But have I had any fun or enjoyment from being involved in Rangers these past two years? Not much.

“If you added it all together it would only come to about ten hours — and that was probably all after the semi-final last season. The whole ten hours were all squashed together.

“There is nothing fun about what I’m doing. There’s litigation, being sued by Sports Direct and having people trying to put me in jail. What is fun about that?

“I now spend a huge amount on things like litigation, and there’s no fun in litigating with Mike Ashley. There’s nothing fun about that at all, nothing enjoyable or satisfying about it. but I have to do it.

“Anyway, I didn’t do it for fun. I did it because I felt at that time there was no one else willing to step into the breach.

“I travel to Scotland more often than I’d like to.

“People say I’m absent, but I’m here far more often than I’d like to be.

“Sometimes I fly into London for one day to meet on litigation and fly home the same evening.

“It’s actually taking up more of my time than I’d like, and it’s not fun, but I signed up to do it.”

There are supporters who say King should WANT to be in Glasgow to watch Rangers in action more often.

But he said: “It’s not a question of not wanting to do it, but I live in South Africa. You can’t fly into Glasgow on a Saturday morning to watch a game. I have Rangers TV, I mean I watch every game. I don’t actually have to be at Ibrox.

“Let’s put it this way, if it was a condition of me being involved in Rangers that I had to relocate to Scotland, I’d be single because my wife would divorce me as she certainly wouldn’t come here.

“The fact is if there was someone else who could have done it then they would have done it.

“But I had to do it and I’m not willing to become single!”

Another accusation is that King hasn’t ploughed in the money he claims he has. That he has spent none of his own money in two years at the club, having promised a massive £30million investment to begin with.

But he insisted: “You can’t say we have spent nothing. More than half of the £30m has been spent already.

“You have to split it into two. I have a responsibility, I am the chairman of a company and that company has many shareholders. The focus is always on the supporters because they are the key constituent and they are the one we all pay attention to.

“But as a company I don’t have the right to say ‘Let’s borrow £100m’. I have to go to the other shareholders and they would say ‘We don’t want you to do that’. Why would they want that?

“Mike Ashley wouldn’t allow us to do that. You’d need to pass resolutions.

“So I have the corporate sense and do I think from a shareholder point of view that the shareholders are appreciative of what we have done? I think they are 100 per cent appreciative. I include Mike Ashley and I include the Easdales.

“I bumped into one of the Easdales at the airport and he said ‘We really think what you have done with the club is fantastic. We didn’t think so at first, but we actually think what you have done is fantastic from a company point of view’.

“So I think we have done a good job at a company level, as far as the shareholders are concerned.” 

Seems we all imagined his 30 million front loaded sound bites:

“You’ll remember from interviews I did initially on the regime change, I said I did not want to get involved at Rangers, I did not want to invest in Rangers.

My position remains the same.

You don't say.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well seems like he has done a good job balancing books and have provided quite a decent amount for transfers and wages (o halloran...garner).........hes abit of a dodgy geezer but i think genuinely has done a good job.........think he called the warburton situation right also. I also agree about 15 mill has been invested in the club with him at the helm.

1 hour ago, big dave mcpherson said:

well seems like he has done a good job balancing books and have provided quite a decent amount for transfers and wages (o halloran...garner).........hes abit of a dodgy geezer but i think genuinely has done a good job.........think he called the warburton situation right also. I also agree about 15 mill has been invested in the club with him at the helm.

You can see all that being done all the way from Singapore? WOW!

If I was the chairman of RFC I'd be walking about with a permanent hard-on.

I just don't get King anymore. Why is he here, if he feels like he says?

He doesn't have to be chairman, he could hold another office, and let someone local be the chairman, then they'd be able to attend to the hospitality.

1 hour ago, big dave mcpherson said:

Not from him though.

We're half way through his 'it will take four years' and '30-50 million'.

2 hours ago, big dave mcpherson said:

Hi Dave

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

The more you look into that article, the more you get the feeling he either wants out...or he's about to orchestrate moves to leave.

Was he not banging on about MW and the other two not wanting to be here and that's why he got shot of them, then talks like he himself doesn't want to be here... 

Just like they three cunts if hes not committed than he should GTF  Not buying this nobody else can do the job shit. 

22 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Was he not banging on about MW and the other two not wanting to be here and that's why he got shot of them, then talks like he himself doesn't want to be here.. We wouldn't accept it from players or the manager, why should we accept half arsed commitment from him.

Just like they three cunts if hes not committed than he should GTF  Not buying this nobody else can do the job shit. 

Agreed. But who else does it? I respect the fact he felt obligated to do it as a fan but personally would rather have not got involved. 

King is many things, but he is also a fan and will do right by the club. 

You could bump him out but what's to stop another Llambias or Green getting their mucky paws on the club?

Before I'd want King to leave, I'd want to know who is replacing him. 

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

Not from him though.

We're half way through his 'it will take four years' and '30-50 million'.

fair enough....yeah thinking further he defo wants out as he intimated.......make some cash on selling up his share........i still maintain he has done a decent job tho

People keep forgetting no one else is looking to invest in Rangers.   We have had a few right dodgy fuckers over the last ten years and don't remember this much complaining.

If the money spent was just on transfers fees no one would give a fuck.

The whole club is in disrepair,  scouting,  Coaching, Catering,  the Stadium, our Brand. All the deals negotiated while we were out the big leagues. It's all stacked against us.  

Cant afford mistakes, can't afford passengers. 

It just seems to me there are too many "fans" looking for a slice of the Pie.  King, The board. The fans groups, The Retail group.  I don't see much progress. Still usual potshots in the media,  real fans used and abused,  money not being used wisely. Where is the full disclosure and fan involvement.

Need a clear and realistic Vision ,  get 90% on board and get the fans engaged and all move forward together.... Let us know the options where to spend money, let us know the truth about where things in the business is bad.

Must be an international break!   

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Agreed. But who else does it? I respect the fact he felt obligated to do it as a fan but personally would rather have not got involved. 

You could bump him out but what's to stop another Llambias or Green getting their mucky paws on the club?

Exactly my thoughts

I was about to post something similar. 

:tu:

If a player said that he didn't want to be at Rangers, or that he'd rather spend his time doing something else, we would quite rightly tell him to get to fuck.

King can do one of he isn't happy. Despite what he said, nobody held a gun to his head and told him to orchestrate a takeover.

If he's not committed, he won't do his job properly.

Put simply- Dave King, either man the fuck up, or get to fuck.

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

If a player said that he didn't want to be at Rangers, or that he'd rather spend his time doing something else, we would quite rightly tell him to get to fuck.

King can do one of he isn't happy. Despite what he said, nobody held a gun to his head and told him to orchestrate a takeover.

If he's not committed, he won't do his job properly.

Put simply- Dave King, either man the fuck up, or get to fuck.

That's stupid btw - think through what you just said

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

That's stupid btw - think through what you just said

Explain how?

I'm not looking for an argument, but I don't want a response involving anything to do with the previous board either. I simply want our chairman to have pride in his work, and to be committed to achieving the best outcomes for us. If that means he needs to fly to Scotland and back every day, then so be it. If that includes turning up at court every week and fighting our corner, well I'm afraid that's what you signed up for Dave.

6 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

No idea who else could come in and do the job,  it's up to King and the board to find the right person and keep the club out the hands of the likes of Lambais and green, there must be somebody who would be committed to being chairman of Rangers fc. 

Find it hard to believe that there's nobody else out there who can come in, be committed and do the same or better job than King. Maybe King is already looking for the right person.  Who knows what his intentions are mate but that reads like he's looking for a way out. 

44 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Was he not banging on about MW and the other two not wanting to be here and that's why he got shot of them, then talks like he himself doesn't want to be here... 

Aye where have we heard that pish before? That's right Sir Minty. 

Honestly wish he would stay in SA and keep his mouth shut, because every time he opens it it's just more pish. 

Folk are forgetting King isn't the owner he is just a shareholder like everyone else and doesn't have enough shares to do anything if he doesn't keep the rest of the shareholders on side. 

So this rubbish if he sells up we could end up back in the shit is just that a load of shit. 

If he hates the gig so much then Fuck Off, you will make a nice profit on your shares and you can go back to watching your favourite team Liverpool. 

If any other Chairman had come out with that load of pish we would be calling for his head, but for some reason this lying bastard gets a free ride.