Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Deanzmeanzheinz

Semi final ballot details

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

Thought I read that emails were sent out in batches?

They would probably need to be to satisfy ISP rules, but I suspect the batches were all sent early yesterday evening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Can't see why they wouldn't send them on the same day

I received an email the day after most for a game a few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

All this bickering would be avoided if we stopped playing at Hampden and played matches at Murrayfield with an extra 15000 tickets available.     

Murrayfield would be a great stadium for the final. Fuck hamdump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the email yesterday, only missed one game at hampden since we got demoted, and that was the semi last year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cb72 said:

Got the email yesterday, only missed one game at hampden since we got demoted, and that was the semi last year.

 

Were you not on CCCS last year then?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, blueretro said:

Were you not on CCCS last year then?

 

No, something went wrong when I renewed and it never got fixed. Had been on it for many years before that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No email for my two books so far so I'll wait patiently in the hope there's a second ballot.  If not then I'll no be happy, I might even starve myself then smear myself in shite in protest cos apparently that's the way to go ????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a loyalty scheme would work. For example everyone on CCCS would all be on the same points, so a ballot would still be required as there just isn't enough tickets to go round when we only get half of Hampden.

A loyalty scheme for away games wouldn't be fair either IMO. The guys with the most points will always buy a ticket for whatever games they are offered, as they will just filter their tickets down through their bus etc, meaning it would become a closed shop for the tighter allocations.

As unfair as it can seem at times, I think the TO are working things as fair as they can, unfortunately they can't keep everyone happy

Rfc52 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up for anyone that has been on CCCS from the start of the cup games, didn't receive a league cup semi ticket and hasn't received a Scottish cup semi final ticket phone the ticket office and this will be resolved assuming all your payments have been met.

jintybear likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, whitey126 said:

I don't think a loyalty scheme would work. For example everyone on CCCS would all be on the same points, so a ballot would still be required as there just isn't enough tickets to go round when we only get half of Hampden.

A loyalty scheme for away games wouldn't be fair either IMO. The guys with the most points will always buy a ticket for whatever games they are offered, as they will just filter their tickets down through their bus etc, meaning it would become a closed shop for the tighter allocations.

As unfair as it can seem at times, I think the TO are working things as fair as they can, unfortunately they can't keep everyone happy

I agree with you except on 1 point, attendance at the games should be taken into account, home games (cant do it for away games).  Far too many people buying tickets for the cup games via CCCs and effectively getting a point for that game.  But not attending.  I am pretty certain the smart cards will register somewhere if used, but if this is monitored and taken into account come ballot day, then it will be as fair as it can be.  Its not at the moment.

Of course some will be able to get their card used on match day, but it will still be a step in the right direction.  Not only will it make the ballots a wee bit fairer, but it should also ensure higher attendance at the cup games, which is also good.  Just paying for your ticket and not attending is not good enough IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

I agree with you except on 1 point, attendance at the games should be taken into account, home games (cant do it for away games).  Far too many people buying tickets for the cup games via CCCs and effectively getting a point for that game.  But not attending.  I am pretty certain the smart cards will register somewhere if used, but if this is monitored and taken into account come ballot day, then it will be as fair as it can be.  Its not at the moment.

Of course some will be able to get their card used on match day, but it will still be a step in the right direction.  Not only will it make the ballots a wee bit fairer, but it should also ensure higher attendance at the cup games, which is also good.  Just paying for your ticket and not attending is not good enough IMO.

If the club does that then the guys who maybe work offshore or down south etc would maybe reconsider joining the CCCS, costing the club money so it's catch22 really. I never went to the Monday night LC game due to a ridiculous 2 day hangover ? But my mate took his father in law so my smartcard was used, although not by me, so there's never going to be a 100% fool proof way to distribute tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whitey126 said:

If the club does that then the guys who maybe work offshore or down south etc would maybe reconsider joining the CCCS, costing the club money so it's catch22 really. I never went to the Monday night LC game due to a ridiculous 2 day hangover ? But my mate took his father in law so my smartcard was used, although not by me, so there's never going to be a 100% fool proof way to distribute tickets

Never going to be 100%, but can be better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

Aye it's a tough one with the likes of illnesses and things out of people's control. Surely though it's the same for the clubs who do operate on a points system? Thing is a club of our size is always going to have large numbers disappointed for big games like this. There's no easy answer unfortunately. Maybe all games could be included and the smart cards used the most over a whole season are given first dibs on the big games? God knows, thinking out loud now lol. Just feel for the unlucky ones. 

You should get a token for every Pie/Bovril you buy as well.......I would be guaranteed a ticket. :dance: Fat Bastard Loyal!

Billy1984 and Gazza2258 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic but I've phoned them twice to pay something outstanding and get kicked out after 15 minutes saying 'all lines are busy'.

Utter pain in the arse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Off topic but I've phoned them twice to pay something outstanding and get kicked out after 15 minutes saying 'all lines are busy'.

Utter pain in the arse.

Been trying aswell mate, my brothers ticket is down for the £7 delivery and mine to pick up which I'll do at the thistle game. Trying to get them both for uplift but getting through is impossible. 

Mr Soprano likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...