Old Rangers News Mags

bigmclean

Hi 

Is anyone a collector or looking for old rangers news mags? 

I also have a signed copy with Laudrup and Gazza on the cover. Signed by both and centre poster of Gazza also signed. 

Let me know if interested. 

Cheers. B

22 hours ago, bigmclean said:

Hi 

I also have a signed copy with Laudrup and Gazza on the cover. Signed by both and centre poster of Gazza also signed. 

Cheers. B

Stick it on eBay mate it'll get more exposure and you might get a decent bit of change.

I used to have about 5/6 seasons worth of these from '96 onwards, don't think there was a single issue missing.

Kept them for years before binning the lot when I left home. Thought they might have carried some value but as it has been touched on above, they're pretty much worthless other than sentimental value.

sure there's adult collectors who are looking to make a buck but there are also many young Gers supporters who, as i did, spend a lot of time and energy and pocket money collecting programmes and memorabilia of the team they love.

most websites, whether it be a football or fishing or stamps etc, have a classified forum where members can trade or buy items.

such a forum on Rangersmedia would be of interest to many young fans and more relevant on a Rangers website than say a gaming, off topic or political forum.

1 hour ago, baxterboy said:

sure there's adult collectors who are looking to make a buck but there are also many young Gers supporters who, as i did, spend a lot of time and energy and pocket money collecting programmes and memorabilia of the team they love.

most websites, whether it be a football or fishing or stamps etc, have a classified forum where members can trade or buy items.

such a forum on Rangersmedia would be of interest to many young fans and more relevant on a Rangers website than say a gaming, off topic or political forum.

My advise to any young bear .Stick to collecting match tickets .Don't even think about collecting programmes and other shite that costs you a small fortune .

I did for decades when I was young boy .Had some valuable classics I thought .Nope ,just old paper and memories 

Also had every copy of Rangers news from beginning .

Gave them to a guy that used to be on here .Probably gathering dust somewhere 

My framed tickets gives me all the satisfaction and pride nowadays and YouTube gives me  the other visual side, watching back the vids 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

My advise to any young bear .Stick to collecting match tickets .Don't even think about collecting programmes and other shite that costs you a small fortune .

I did for decades when I was young boy .Had some valuable classics I thought .Nope ,just old paper and memories 

My framed tickets gives me all the satisfaction and pride nowadays 

i wouldn't trade you my Rangers programme that Jim Baxter, Eric Caldow, and Ralph Brand signed for me outside ibrox for your tickets. lol

let them collect whatever they fancy.

To each their own.

and why not a forum on here where they can trade and buy them.

2 hours ago, baxterboy said:

i wouldn't trade you my Rangers programme that Jim Baxter, Eric Caldow, and Ralph Brand signed for me outside ibrox for your tickets. lol

let them collect whatever they fancy.

To each their own.

and why not a forum on here where they can trade and buy them.

Yes mate . I do agree with you there. To each their own . Of course .

I was just saying ,from my experience .

And like you ,I wouldn't  trade my Peter lovenkrands and Stuart Adamson signed photos either:p:

As a lad, I had a load of programs mostly from 60s 70s 80s including Programs from 67, and 72 euro run (SF), got in touch with a "dealer" who asked me to bring them to next home game, I carted them to ibrox with help of mates, and met him at school across road. 

He said he would go through them during the game and would make me an offer after the game. Got offered next to nothing, took it (as I couldn't be arsed carrying them back). I don't reckon he even looked at them. 

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:15 PM, bigmclean said:

Hi 

Cheers. B

Stick them on the Rangers Collectors Club page on FB. There's not a massive market for Rangers News but they'll be going to a Bear

17 hours ago, OzzieBear said:

As a lad, I had a load of programs mostly from 60s 70s 80s including Programs from 67, and 72 euro run (SF), got in touch with a "dealer" who asked me to bring them to next home game, I carted them to ibrox with help of mates, and met him at school across road. 

He said he would go through them during the game and would make me an offer after the game. Got offered next to nothing, took it (as I couldn't be arsed carrying them back). I don't reckon he even looked at them. 

That was probably Jacobs or someone working on his behalf

It was a tactic to see if you did have any of value ,he would offer buttons for them .In all honesty the ones you mentioned were worthless in monetary terms .

You really have to have programmes pre 30s to be even looking at valuable . And even then we are talking only a score possibly for certain ones

He probably had quick look and realised he wouldn't shift the ones you had .

The only value to a programme of a certain game, is for any individual person, to think that particular game is special ..Then it becomes valuable to him only .

That is where Jacobs makes his money . He buys the ones ,he knows he can mark up and make a profit

He has been doing the same thing for years .

He is not doing it for the goodness of his heart .Although I give him credit for standing in the pissing rain many times ,and setting his stall up through the decades

And he did same for beggars games as far as I was aware