• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The situation is this - 

Billy is out of contract in the summer 

A host of top European teams have made contact, Chelsea, Arsenal etc 

Rangers have allowed Billy to visit a few teams as reported in press 

NO formal offers have been made because he is only 15 

Billy has not decided but undoubtedly has options 

As I've posted before, stuff about sources from parents, contracts at Chelsea with houses etc are all crap 

Nothing is agreed 

It may happen, but at this moment it hasn't 

Rangers are very much in the running, the wee man played on Saturday too in bounce game 

That's from a relative of his that posts on FF. 

7 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

The situation is this - 

As I've posted before, stuff about sources from parents, contracts at Chelsea with houses etc are all crap 

Nothing is agreed 

Rangers are very much in the running, the wee man played on Saturday too in bounce game 

I've had it confirmed by the club that he has a contract offer on the table from Chelsea. No mention of a house but certainly been an offer made by them 

Ma boy was over the park with Billy and his brother on Saturday and asked him what his plans were, said to him he doesn't know yet. Hopefully the boy stays, the amount of players chelsea have ruined is shocking. The last youth to come through for them was John terry almost 20 years ago:megaanguish:

2 hours ago, Boaby Bear said:

silly boy, he will fade into obscurity like the many Chelsea kids thus far.

Who was the last player to come through their youth system into the 1st team? 

Only really John Terry jumps out.

Bad move for him and us tbf. 

West Ham was he not? Same as Lampard. Or I might be thinking of Rio Ferdinand. 

I fucking hate football these days. The only way this would be approaching palatable would be if there was a decent sell on clause.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

He looks the most exiting prospect since Durrant if true this would be a new low....£500.000, not quite Arsenal shares scandalous but close and reeks of desperation sadly.

That's just it though he's a prospect. Hasn't played a single first team game so first of all he doesn't have a pro contract with the club and secondly who says he's worth millions?

He may end up a fantastic player or he might falter and be nothing better than John Fleck.

The other side of the coin here is that if he stays he will have a lot of pressure as we did with MacLeod, Aird, Fleck etc. whereas with Chelsea he's not going to stand out.

It all depends on what he wants but ideally we should retain our best prospects until they are established first team players then get your big money move. The club get a tidy fee (and can negotiate sell on clauses etc.), the player gets the big bucks they want and have a much better chance of playing for them rather than being a certainty to be loaned out.

Just now, Camshy said:

Stupid boy

In what way is he stupid? This hasn't even been confirmed yet.

If he chooses to go then he goes with no ill will from me.  If somebody offered you 10k+ per wk on a 3yr contract at age 15 you'd be hard pressed to find the logic in knocking it back.  

He could suffer a major injury next season, he might not make the grade if he stays here, so many variables. The offer from Chelsea guarantees him security. 

It's a tough decision for anyone at any age, not least for a 15 yr old schoolboy. 

Not really sure where I stand on it tbh. 

On one hand I don't blame him. London, Chelsea, 15k per week, EPL, chance to play with some of the best players going if he does well, 500 grand for us for someone who's just young potential when let's face it we've not exactly had the best of times bringing through these so-called top youth talents (Fleck, Wylde etc) 

on the other hand he COULD be the next Barry Ferguson or even a Charlie Telfer struggling to get a game for Livingston ...

God knows.

Good luck to the kid anyway. 

1 hour ago, rfc1990 said:

The situation is this - 

Nothing is agreed 

Arsenal are not a top European Club

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You are. Terry was the last Chelsea kid to come through and make an impact there long term.

West Ham would have had some team if they kept that lot together - Rio, Lampard, Defoe and Carrick they had Joe Cole and Glen Johnson around the same time I'm sure when they were at their peak and they became journeymen .. along with Di Canio too. 

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

McEachran, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Mancienne, Kalkuta...

How much did they pay for and how much did they receive, btw its a piss poor list considering the hoover up 100s of "wonderkids"

McEachran was at Chelsea since he was 7 years of age, was on loan for 5 seasons at different clubs and was eventually sold to Brentford for an undisclosed fee 750k mentioned, its not a lot for someone nurtured for 15/16 years, for every one they get money for loads will just disappear foc.

15 minutes ago, pcbear said:

How much did they pay for and how much did they receive, btw its a piss poor list considering the hoover up 100s of "wonderkids"

McEachran was at Chelsea since he was 7 years of age, was on loan for 5 seasons at different clubs and was eventually sold to Brentford for an undisclosed fee 750k mentioned, its not a lot for someone nurtured for 15/16 years, for every one they get money for loads will just disappear foc.

I'm not sure what your point is? I'm not saying its for financial reasons they do it.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So he was a kid. We got Barrie McKay at 16 from Killie. ?

Barrie was had been released by Killie hadn't he? I reckon 4 years at West Ham would equate to 50 at Killie in development terms. 

Players like Rashford spent their entire youth career at one club. Even Giggs was at City so not entirely a Man United youth product.

Chelsea are playing the numbers game because that's your best chance of getting a gem and they can afford it and don't give a shite about the ones not good enough. Rather than find the players and develop them from an early age they swoop in offering young players stupid amounts of money to lock them in and then just hope they come good after loaning them out.

They aren't the only ones doing this but they are certainly the main culprit in this type of practice.

Look at Southampton. Bale signed at 10, Walcott at 11, Oxlaide-Chamberlain since 7, Lallana signed at 12, Luke Shaw signed at 8.

2 hours ago, rfc1990 said:

The situation is this - 

Nothing is agreed 

Another close relative told me different a few months ago to be fair