Billy Gilmour off?

Misteral

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

With some of the coaching methods and hammer throwers in the game up here, far less the nepotism, many a promisong talent ruined. It is no coincidence there is a dearth of coming through in the last decade or two.

He is going to learn his trade at EPL academy royalty, rubbing shoulders with the best youth the globe have to offer and having that on his cv will give him much greater opportunities should he not break through to the Clelsea first team.

Well done to this youngster and hope he ends up with an illustrious career.

EPL royalty, behave ffs Chelsea's record for bringing youngsters through considering they have the pick of the stall is shocking, the amount of kids they hoover up every season will make having that on your cv pretty worthless.

2 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I heard that the Man City youths are running about in Bentlys and Porsche wtf is this world coming to? If does go you cant blame the kid ill advised in my opinion but its they way of the world nowadays sadly:confused:

On that note what happened to the boy who went to Sporting Lisbon from Dundee Utd ?

7 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I heard that the Man City youths are running about in Bentlys and Porsche wtf is this world coming to? If does go you cant blame the kid ill advised in my opinion but its they way of the world nowadays sadly:confused:

No surprise when they can be making £10k+ a week and not even be one of the better ones.

Mind we had Jordan McMillan owning an orange Range Rover when he couldn't even drive.

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/scottish-news/rangers-rookie-jordan-mcmillan-gives-1055618

People say he'll end up playing in league 1 etc but the fact is if he fails at Chelsea he may drop into another EPL team/championship team and he'll make a fair whack of money and get far better coaching as well.

Whereas he could stay here and possibly make it. But if not he'll be on peanuts compared to Chelsea, struggling for first team football with mediocre coaching in comparison and may end up at Falkirk if he's lucky.

The result of failing in England ain't as bad as failing up here in my opinion.

9 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Yup, 36 out on loan just now.

Gilmour would be better off going to somewhere like Southampton who have a track record of producing and developing youngsters and probably don't pay them stupid money so that they keep their feet on the ground.

Lookmat Gayle look at Feruz, the next big thing that makes a big money move and fuck all happens from there, put out on loan a dozen times and fades into nothing.

That feruz has played 19 games in his career and scored none, he's now 21 and has had 3 games this season for Swindon town in League One. Gilmour should really be looking at things like this. Does he want a successful trophy laden career or a lot of money?

also if he stayed wi us until 21 or so he'd have first team experience, European experience and then a much better chance of getting a move to actually challenge for a place rather than taking a leap of faith for a big wad of cash at 15.

In this day and age and his generation money might well be what he wants instead of a career

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Not really sure where I stand on it tbh. 

On one hand I don't blame him. London, Chelsea, 15k per week, EPL, chance to play with some of the best players going if he does well, 500 grand for us for someone who's just young potential when let's face it we've not exactly had the best of times bringing through these so-called top youth talents (Fleck, Wylde etc) 

on the other hand he COULD be the next Barry Ferguson or even a Charlie Telfer struggling to get a game for Livingston ...

God knows.

Good luck to the kid anyway. 

I'm the same as you. I wouldn't want to see him go but he's still young and whos to say he won't plateau like, as someone else said, John Fleck. He might regret it if he goes but he might just regret it if he doesn't. I wouldn't like that choice but personally it if it was my son sadly I would be urging him to go.

Disappointed to see the lad go because it's a disgrace that a club the size of Rangers can no longer even keep it's own youngsters let alone attract top players.

TV cash has ruined the game. No one can call it a real sport anymore. How are teams supposed to compete when all these sides are bankrolled by SKY and billionaires. It's just manufactured corporate bollocks now.

6 hours ago, jintybear said:

I'm the same as you. I wouldn't want to see him go but he's still young and whos to say he won't plateau like, as someone else said, John Fleck. He might regret it if he goes but he might just regret it if he doesn't. I wouldn't like that choice but personally it if it was my son sadly I would be urging him to go.

That's the dig money up, thanks mum.

1 hour ago, Thewhitesettler said:

A bit like the Thumb? Couldn't hack it with Wolves, who were in League 1 at the time, and now earns his crust keeping the bench nice, and warm, for Dembelle. 

To be fair he was top goalscorer in the league last year and has won leagues and cups now at the team currently at the top of Scottish football whilst earning a fair bit. He is also a Scottish international now as well.

Think using him was a bad example to be fair.

15 years old and probs getting 20k a month waved in your face, difficult for the wee man. 

Hopefully he stays and works his way into the first team, then gets his big move before he's 20 and earns us a few quid as well. 

I'd love for him to stay with us and develop for 3 or 4 years and then we sell on even for a couple of million.

For me the kid should look at tierney playing for them (hate the comparison but I feel it's fitting). He plays every week, winning games, winning trophies and playing in Europe. He might not be on a huge wage packet you might get down in England, but in the long term he will get a decent move and make more money long term.

If Gilmour leaves he will sit in Chelsea's youth and reserve teams not playing in any important games and eventually go to Vitesse on loan with zero pressure and end up playing in the lower tiers of England. Personally I don't see the appeal apart from the massive wage packet you'd recieve for 4 or 5 years.

I don't think it's even fair a 15yo kid should have to make such huge decisions. He's going to have loads of people in his ear telling him what to do and what is right. For me none of it's correct and it's just another issue with modern football. Surely young (up to 18) players should be protected from super big moves or big money so young? A salary cap or something. You wouldn't see an apprentice in any vocation making more money than veteran workers in other establishments (in this case a epl youth can make more than an experienced championship player). It stinks.

15 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

It's one of the major problems with football now, particularly in England.

Most of these guys are millionaires before they are even classed as adults, so it's no wonder a large number of them think and act like they have made it before they have actually achieved anything.

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It's one of the major problems with football now, particularly in England.

Most of these guys are millionaires before they are even classed as adults, so it's no wonder a large number of them think and act like they have made it before they have actually achieved anything.

Bad enough up in Scotland. One first team appearance and players are cutting about the town pished in the clubs trying to hole birds. One sniff of success and far too often you see young players prioritising a glitz and glam lifestyle over self-improvement, commitment and desire to be the best. 

I remember Jamie Ness in particular being chronic for it, largely a result of his bird at the time who was all over social media as "girlfriend of Jamie Ness" with relentless photos and updates being posted with him in clubs, bars, restaurants and on holiday. 

i'm not suggesting these lads shouldn't enjoy the fruits of their labour, but it does surprise me how few of them are kept on a tighter leash when the talent is there and all they need is the direction. hazard is a perfect example of maximising his potential - prioritises family life and his career ahead of throwing gang signs on instagram. it's a tricky one for these lads with so much money and attention at a really young age and a lot of it comes down to the individual himself and his personality, but I do think the way in which players are glamourised these days is to the detriment of the sport and sometimes a gentle rocket up arse to remind them of their privileged position might go some way to seeing more of our young talent realise their potential. 

5 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Bad enough up in Scotland. One first team appearance and players are cutting about the town pished in the clubs trying to hole birds. One sniff of success and far too often you see young players prioritising a glitz and glam lifestyle over self-improvement, commitment and desire to be the best. 

I remember Jamie Ness in particular being chronic for it, largely a result of his bird at the time who was all over social media as "girlfriend of Jamie Ness" with relentless photos and updates being posted with him in clubs, bars, restaurants and on holiday. 

i'm not suggesting these lads shouldn't enjoy the fruits of their labour, but it does surprise me how few of them are kept on a tighter leash when the talent is there and all they need is the direction. hazard is a perfect example of maximising his potential - prioritises family life and his career ahead of throwing gang signs on instagram. it's a tricky one for these lads with so much money and attention at a really young age and a lot of it comes down to the individual himself and his personality, but I do think the way in which players are glamourised these days is to the detriment of the sport and sometimes a gentle rocket up arse to remind them of their privileged position might go some way to seeing more of our young talent realise their potential. 

lol