Billy Gilmour off?

Misteral

23 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see kids that age or even older at Chelsea going out on the bevy like the players did in the 70s and 80s, I  probably misunderstood your point. :lol:

Not just the bevvy these days I'm afraid.  TBH I have no idea how these youngsters are 'parented' by their respective clubs but I remember Man U having a good reputation in this regard.  My point was more about how the big city and big city lights can have a negative impact.

BTW Nathan Oduwa is playing in Slovenia and Zelalem is out on loan in Holland.  Lots of these big clubs take youngsters on board by the dozen with the hope that 1 in 20 makes it, kids are just commodities. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, pcbear said:

And where is Andreas now? hands up I have never heard of him,but  that is mental money for a kid and could possibly send the most level headed ones off in the wrong direction, its like getting all the rewards without putting in the graft.

He is on loan a gladbach played in champions league is a target for Man City  Bayern Munich and valued at 30m  so not doing too bad 

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Not just the bevvy these days I'm afraid.  TBH I have no idea how these youngsters are 'parented' by their respective clubs but I remember Man U having a good reputation in this regard.  My point was more about how the big city and big city lights can have a negative impact.

BTW Nathan Oduwa is playing in Slovenia and Zelalem is out on loan in Holland.  Lots of these big clubs take youngsters on board by the dozen with the hope that 1 in 20 makes it, kids are just commodities

Nail on the head and it's all that is wrong about modern day football.

Do the parent clubs give a fuck about the wellbeing of the players? Of course not.

All funded by the wonderful company that is Sky and now BT...

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

The money down south is just a fucking joke, as some have pointed out these clubs buy whoever the fuck they want and throw them in the youths or whatever.

Most of them could do a job while developing at other clubs who cant afford their over payed wage due to Sky and its billions they give England. Look at Zelalem for example, can do a job here and would develop playing for a proper big club like Rangers, we dont need billions to be a big club, but instead he will likely mount to nothing. No chance of making the Arsenal side and his best chances of getting better are right here and now........Gilmour will.follow the money and likley amount to nothing.

I fucking hate the English league as it has such a horrendous effect on our ability to sign and keep players.......look at this young lad, played zero games and already we cant keep him due to money even though we have far more supporters than Chelsea.

End of rant.......for  now.

21 hours ago, GaryMc said:

To be fair he was top goalscorer in the league last year and has won leagues and cups now at the team currently at the top of Scottish football whilst earning a fair bit. He is also a Scottish international now as well.

Think using him was a bad example to be fair.

No! It was a good example! He couldn't do the business In England, yet managed to do it in Scotland.

How many international goals has he scored? How many goals has he scored against us?

He scores plenty against weaker opposition, but struggles against better teams, which is probably why he now warms the bench.

9 hours ago, GeeSS said:

He is on loan a gladbach played in champions league is a target for Man City  Bayern Munich and valued at 30m  so not doing too bad 

Fair play to him but for every Andreas there are 100 others who go the other way.

Player valuations who puts the number on there? I would like him to come around and value my house its just a random number pulled out of fresh air hoping a stupid rich Sky/Bt club will be requiring strengthening in that position and will cough up.

11 hours ago, GeeSS said:

He will earn over a million a season at Chelsea straight away  that money will be invested and the interest  would give him a very comfortable life . You are 45 so it will take you 22yrs to earn what he will get and more for 1 year +signing on fees and sponsorships!!

£20000 a week, not a chance!

Reports suggest chelsea are offering a £5000 a week scholarship. 

The next contract he signs at 18 or 19 will bag him a £1m a year contract though.

12 hours ago, GeeSS said:

He will earn over a million a season at Chelsea straight away  that money will be invested and the interest  would give him a very comfortable life . You are 45 so it will take you 22yrs to earn what he will get and more for 1 year +signing on fees and sponsorships!!

He will earn over 20k a week yes. The lad Feroz signed a 5 yr deal at 16 starting at 20k and now in his final year 40k he will probably be freed in summer aged 21 but he is a millionaire a few times over and he is 21!!!!!

Btw remember we are paying a 19 yr old (Rossiter) 10k a week so obviously the money Chelsea offer will be much higher he is also going to receive a huge signing on fee and he will be 16 not 15 when he goes there 

Fux sake

:lol:

24 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Don't mind him going but the development fee should be linked to a multiple of salary. If you're going to have to lose them then the development fee should be commensurate with the salary the buying club think he is worth.

We took full advantage of this rule when it was the other way, granted they've not turned out all that well - but we aren't really in a position to grumble about compensation fees. I will be pissed off if he leaves and think it will be a mistake on his part, but we've no right to moan about comp fees.

6 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

No! It was a good example! He couldn't do the business In England, yet managed to do it in Scotland.

How many international goals has he scored? How many goals has he scored against us?

He scores plenty against weaker opposition, but struggles against better teams, which is probably why he now warms the bench.

But he landed on his feet after failing in England.

If he failed in Scotland where would he be now?

That's my point.

13 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Nail on the head and it's all that is wrong about modern day football.

Do the parent clubs give a fuck about the wellbeing of the players? Of course not.

All funded by the wonderful company that is Sky and now BT...

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

It's not just the sky/bt money that's a tiny fraction of what they get. Majority of the tv money is the billions they sell it for around the world.

He will be with the youths for a year or so then get punted out on loan to a number of small clubs which IMO will not help his progression.

He could stay here, be in first team within a year and then grow with that. If he's as good as people say then build the team around him.

Money hopfully isn't everything to this young lad. He needs some really good advice as this could make or break his career

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

Fair play to him but for every Andreas there are 100 others who go the other way.

Player valuations who puts the number on there? I would like him to come around and value my house its just a random number pulled out of fresh air hoping a stupid rich Sky/Bt club will be requiring strengthening in that position and will cough up.

You can value your house at whatever price you like, its the price you sell it for that matters. A player is worth what someone is willing to pay for them. That value can be inflated because they have a long time to run on their contract, silly exit clauses or simply because the owning team don't need to sell.

Having said that football in general is fucked, I actually hope there is a huge crash in England it's destroying the game.

1 hour ago, MaddistonKnight said:

Has he accepted yet? You seem to be in the know on this one.

If he truly has the potential, it'll be a shame to lose him, but at the end of the day the lad has to look after himself.

I can't get a straight answer. I've asked Billy directly (and some at the club) both on and off the record but can't get anything definitive. It's maybe just my inherent sense of optimism but I'd be inclined to think there's no agreement yet. Without naming names, a prominent member of the backroom team referred to him as 'the one' when it came to the boys coming through and said the club would be doing "whatever it takes" to try keep him. 

Hopefully he's had a chat with Myles Beerman as he has been interviewed in recent days stating how coming here from Man City isn't a backward step as he's closer to first team football.

I think having exposure to first team football in a settled environment I.e. Not being on loan all the time, is the way to develop. I'd hope Caixinha has spoken to him and his dad about the possibility of being in the first team squad next season if he signs professional contract with us as we can then play him in league games as well as the cup games.

We should offer him 5k a week, take a punt and match chelseas offer so money is no longer the deciding factor.

He gets 50 or so games under his belt by 18/19 then make his move if he still wants to.

id imagine if we did get him to sign we'd have clauses all over the shop so that we can't block a move provided it's of sufficient value I.e. Minimum fee release clause.

i just feel if he gets the chance to show what he can do he can be the trailblazer and show other youngsters that it's sometimes better to stay put and get the games before making the move.

Think the dad is going to have a lot to do with the decision. Depends what kind of guy he is. Even Malky Mckay has advised the dad he stays at Rangers. If he is level headed and wants the best for his boy in the long run then he will see the opportunity is with Rangers. 

If the dad is one of life's bell ends and he puts himself before his sons future then London it is.

Guest Lloyd72

Rangers agree deal to sell Billy Gilmour to Chelsea: The fee could reach £600,000

It’s understood the transfer fee could top £600,000, with the 15-year-old and his parents also being weighed in by the megabucks Blues.

Rangers hope Gilmour will have a late change of heart and set his sights on playing for them rather than moving down south. 

But that possibility looks remote, with the midfielder ready to head for Stamford Bridge when he turns 16 in June.

Ibrox managing director Robertson said: “We have a position agreed if he was to go. 

“It would be negligent of us not to have done that in terms of the governance of the club, but we’d rather not get the money and Billy stayed and went on to have a great career at Rangers. We believe we could give him a platform to have a terrific career going forward.” Chelsea transfer news: Five most likely summer deals

If Gilmour picked his club in the summer when he turned 16, Rangers would receive only around £90,000 in compensation.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Tottenham and a clutch of other English sides were desperate to land the hotly-tipped Ayrshire teenager.

But Chelsea have won the race unless the player and his parents stage a U-turn.

Robertson added: “We’ve done all we can. We’ve tried to sell Rangers and the opportunities to him in the best possible way on the basis of his career going forward. 

“But if there are other big clubs, then we’re all human and his head could be turned.

“We would love Billy Gilmour to stay but we need to protect our position and do the sensible thing, because if he goes in the summer without a deal being agreed then he leaves only for a compensation amount.

“That would be a lot less than if we had a fee agreed beforehand. 

“We have protected our position on that side of things, but we’d like Billy Gilmour to stay at the club. Everybody on the football side thinks he’s a fantastic talent and he’s still only 15.

“It would be great to see a boy like that develop and stay here to get a lot of game time and go further.”

Rangers could ask to get the player back from Chelsea on loan, but that is not written into the preliminary agreement.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/785592/Rangers-Billy-Gilmour-Chelsea-Premier-League-Transfer-News-Gossip

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

I can't get a straight answer. I've asked Billy directly (and some at the club) both on and off the record but can't get anything definitive. It's maybe just my inherent sense of optimism but I'd be inclined to think there's no agreement yet. Without naming names, a prominent member of the backroom team referred to him as 'the one' when it came to the boys coming through and said the club would be doing "whatever it takes" to try keep him. 

The game's a bogey already when Bournemouth can take their pick from the whole Ajax first team let alone ours but its just sickening if its so bad now we can't at least hang onto our youths until they hit their twenties and a few years in the first team. Glad to hear we're going to try and fight for him.

I can see why they want to go these days as the situation down there is so much better now but its still sad and shite for most football clubs. I'd be inclined to set-up a champions league for 'natural clubs' from outwith the big leagues. They want it to themselves anyway and we want proper football and not all this manufactured bollocks. Would be much more interesting than watching some formerly shitty SKY FC outfit beating us with relative ease or having to defend for our lives in an embarrassingly one-sided affair like against Man U the last time. At least we'd be back to having a go at all teams. Some of our fans will likely never have seen a Rangers side going after any fucking mob.

Cheers for keeping us informed with what you can find out :thumbup: