John Fleck

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Charlie Miller was a phenomenal talent. 

Unfortunately his attitude with us was that of an absolute fud. Even now, he's no regrets as he says he was 'just a boy fae Castlemilk' - rotten attitude, and as a result never fulfilled half his enormous potential. 

I agree, but he saw Gazza and just thought that how it done, but Gazza was an exceptional talent and not your average player. 

I agree , he wasted his career , gotbtoo big headed too soon because he played for Rangers , Charlie Miller should have been a Rangers player long after the Gazza's and Laudruo's left but as you said his attitude was rotten. 

19 hours ago, MasterD said:

Bocanegra that stayed, went off on loan, turned down a permanent transfer back home until he received his full wage pay-off?

Yeah that was departing with pride, dignity and respect.

:huh:

What absolute and utter ill-informed, made-up pish.

I wrote a paragraph there, but deleted it. I can't even begin to fathom your line of thought here.

On a forum hosting thousands of members, you have to anticipate views from all angles, but this is mental.

On 13/04/2017 at 10:44 AM, WeirFleckNRothen said:

What absolute and utter ill-informed, made-up pish.

I wrote a paragraph there, but deleted it. I can't even begin to fathom your line of thought here.

On a forum hosting thousands of members, you have to anticipate views from all angles, but this is mental.

What bit is made-up pish?

He stayed - true.

He went off on loan while we paid a good bit of his wage - true.

He turned down a move home because it wasn't the right move - true.

He then went home after a nice pay off - true.

6 hours ago, MasterD said:

What bit is made-up pish?

He stayed - true.

He went off on loan while we paid a good bit of his wage - true.

He turned down a move home because it wasn't the right move - true.

He then went home after a nice pay off - true.

Bocanegra done the right thing, by the book. He should be commended for it, along with Edu, Broadfoot, Goian, etc.

We were never going to keep Bocanegra in the Third Division; from our perspective, he was too expensive and from his, it was career suicide. He gave us that option, though. When he left on loan, it was with a view to returning in the future. Then, as he confirmed in a recent interview, it was us - Charles Green to be precise - that wanted to get him off the wage bill. Feel free to doubt him, but if I was asked to pick an honest professional, Carlos Bocanegra wouldn't be far from my thoughts.

I find it incredible - utterly fucking baffling - that during a period when so-called bluenoses, little Bears that grew-up to fulfil their dream of playing for and winning titles with Rangers, denied us a transfer fee as we lay bleeding to death financially, in favour of enhancing their subsequent salary and signing-on fee elsewhere, you find the time to question Bocanegra's actions. Unreal, seriously.

On 17/04/2017 at 2:05 PM, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Was thinking the same wully. 

Looks quite a clever player now.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15235499.Former_Rangers_and_Celtic_midfielders_earn_spots_in_PFA_team_of_the_year/?ref=mr&lp=3

Looks to be doing well now.  In the League 1 team of the year.  

Can see him developing further in the Championship next year.