Not One Game

I'm Scottish although I'm living down in England, now this International period has been torture for me. I've not watched one Scotland game - I used to but now I just don't give a shit about the national team.

The only way I've seen this international period is, a disruption to me being able to watch Rangers and our new management team in action. I kinda felt that all the videos we were receiving during the initial period of Pedro's reign were to appease us for the time we would have to do without - due to the international break.

It was clear that Pedro couldn't do an awful lot before the Hamilton game, so no doubt cameras being involved so much wouldn't have mattered a huge amount. But now the real work has begun all the cameras are off and I'm stuck watching old Rangers videos on youtube!

Anyone else feel the same? I'm not anti-Scottish by the way, just pro-my club and have become disillusioned by the way we've been treated by the SFA and by the poor regard in which the rest of Scottish football hold us in.

Just now, Young Bob said:

Used to go to every Scotland game at Hampden if I could get a ticket and travel to Windsor Park to see them too. Now I wouldnt make my way to Hampden to watch them if I had a free ticket.

I think it made a big difference when we had so many Rangers players in the Scotland team at one point, now it just makes me feel like I'm watching the scum and why the fuck would I want to watch that?

Fuck bridge building.

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I think it made a big difference when we had so many Rangers players in the Scotland team at one point, now it just makes me feel like I'm watching the scum and why the fuck would I want to watch that?

Fuck bridge building.

No . I disagree.

It made a difference when we stopped having good players from any team in the squad.

I hated Davie Hay , as an example,but I had no problem with him playing for Scotland .

About 20 odd years ago when Scotland played England in the Euros I celebrated Gazza's goal.  I couldn't care less that Gazza's was English, I simply viewed him a Rangers player who had just scored a world glass goal.  The Scotland national team are a distant second to those thoughts.  That sums up my relationship with the national side.  Club football is where my own interest is and I'm sure many others feel the same.

These days the national team is like a Celtic tribute act anyway.  How can any Bear cheer that shite on?  Are you really going to root for guys like Scott Brown, Leigh Griffiths (known racist), or Naismith the backstabbing bastard?  No thanks.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

About 20 odd years ago when Scotland played England in the Euros I celebrated Gazza's goal.  I couldn't care less that Gazza's was English, I simply viewed him a Rangers player who had just scored a world glass goal.  The Scotland national team are a distant second to those thoughts.  That sums up my relationship with the national side.  Club football is where my own interest is and I'm sure many others feel the same.

These days the national team is like a Celtic tribute act anyway.  How can any Bear cheer that shite on?  Are you really going to root for guys like Scott Brown, Leigh Griffiths (known racist), or Naismith the backstabbing bastard?  No thanks.

30 odd years ago the guys you named would not have been good enough to get a game with Scotland. Both taig players wouldnt have been good enough to get transferred to the piggery

Don't care about international football at all but loathe the breaks they force clubs to take.

I passively support Scotland more than anything tbh, would like them to win but don't really care.

I'm not the kind of guy who believes that wearing a kilt makes me a better Scotsman.

I'm not the kind of guy who believes eating haggis on Burn's night make me a better Scotsman.

I'm not the kind of guy who believes supporting the SNP would make me a better Scotsman.

And I'm also not the kind of guy who believes supporting a Scottish international team that discriminates against picking players from my favourite football club, a Scottish international team that represents an association which would gladly have destroyed my favourite football club, and a Scottish International team the majority of whose football fans hate my favourite football club with passion, makes me a better Scotsman. 

I am a proud Scot.  Fuck the Scottish national football team and their associates who are an embarrassment to my proud Scottish traditions.

6 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I'm not the kind of guy who believes that wearing a kilt makes me a better Scotsman.

I'm not the kind of guy who believes eating haggis on Burn's night make me a better Scotsman.

I'm not the kind of guy who believes supporting the SNP would make me a better Scotsman.

And I'm also not the kind of guy who believes supporting a Scottish international team that discriminates against picking players from my favourite football club, a Scottish international team that represents an association which would gladly have destroyed my favourite football club, and a Scottish International team the majority of whose football fans hate my favourite football club with passion, makes me a better Scotsman. 

I am a proud Scot.  Fuck the Scottish national football team and their associates who are an embarrassment to my proud Scottish traditions.

This from me too

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not another anti Scottish team thread, must have read the same uber staunch posts for the past week and a half.

Not another anti post about an anti Scottish team thread, all folk have to do is not read, not post, not complain. But posting in the thread and keeping it alive seems be less of a hassle and make more sense to them. ooooooooooooooooooooooooookay...

I haven't seen a thread of this nature, so posted one.

Are you trying to say most posts have not been duplicated at some point in the forum's life? Be a Scotland the brave man to say that kinda thing...

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Not another anti post about an anti Scottish team thread, all folk have to do is not read, not post, not complain. But posting in the thread and keeping it alive seems be less of a hassle and make more sense to them. ooooooooooooooooooooooooookay...

Are you trying to say most posts have not been duplicated at some point in the forum's life? Be a Scotland the brave man to say that kinda thing...

Nope. I have never seen any posts duplicated on this forum... :whistle:

On a random note, that has never been discussed once, how shit are Kiernan and Halliday btw...

People saying you should support the national squad, just cause.... Fuck off. No Interest whatsoever, my club is Rangers, I will never cheer on some tarrier prick just cause they wear a t-shirt for the country I was born in. You want to support Scotland? Choose an Olympic sport or rugby, you might be happier 

I was a guy who went to some Scotland games and who would make special arrangements for days out around fixtures. I was a fan.

Now I'm someone who looks up at the TV and says "huh" when Chris Martin scores and goes back to my phone.

That's the SFA and other fans that made me feel that way. I know that because I was more pleased for Martin to score and make the Trannies look like total dicheads for booing him, than I was for him scoring the winning goal for our national team. 

Go figure! 

24 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

The same tired arguments about the national team appear on a frequent basis around international weeks. Without wanting to be the BearsDen police, they rarely have nothing to do with Rangers and should be passed onto General Sports. I get it, many people on here want nothing to do Scotland but it often is just a chance to batter the SFA, tartan trannies and players from celtic. I'm not big fan of them either, however it has not a lot to with us.