The grand national 2017

Jamie29

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The national has changed in certain ways, it's no longer just a big field of plodders their are a lot of good serious horses turning to the national these days as the prize money is phenomenal for a steeplechase handicap, I'm not saying it makes it easier but a their will be plenty of good horses of a decent Mark which should go well......in saying that I will probably win fuck all again this year.:duh:

Been given a tip for it, apparently it will stay 4 miles easily but needs softer ground. Its called Good to Know. Might be a lot of shite but going by its form it looks to be a stayer. Will stick a couple of quid e/w on it, last time I checked it was 66/1

21 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Been given a tip for it, apparently it will stay 4 miles easily but needs softer ground. Its called Good to Know. Might be a lot of shite but going by its form it looks to be a stayer. Will stick a couple of quid e/w on it, last time I checked it was 66/1

One mistake is all it takes in this race. I don't believe in tips for the Grand National, think many will agree, anyone can win it

4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

One mistake is all it takes in this race. I don't believe in tips for the Grand National, think many will agree, anyone can win it

Aye I get where you're coming from mate but you need horses that will stay the trip. If the horse has never won over 3 miles forget it. 

Last year on here i tipped Vics Canvas who came 3rd at 100/1. Was watching the re run on Racing UK last week and he touched down in front at the last and led until half way up the run in. A year on and the adrenalin was pumping i was very close to a good win. On the day i was a bit bevvied and was happy with the place as i won a couple of hundred with the each way bet, didnt actually realise how close i was. Oh the agony!

This year im going for The Last Samuri 14/1 who's been 2nd and 3rd over the National course and a good jumper.

Also Vieux Lion Rouge 10/1, well handicapped, proven over the National fences and in good form.

Not great prices and as much as anything can win the great race i think this year something from the top end of the market will prevail.

I don't bet much these days having gambled away far too money much in the past so I only have 1 or maximum 2 bets a week now but still look forward to the National every year.

I had the winner of the Lincoln on Saturday so I'm looking to complete the second led of the Spring double on Saturday(does anyone even talk about the Spring double anymore?)and will pick something later when I see how the ground is.

14 hours ago, centenarystand said:

Last year on here i tipped Vics Canvas who came 3rd at 100/1. Was watching the re run on Racing UK last week and he touched down in front at the last and led until half way up the run in. A year on and the adrenalin was pumping i was very close to a good win. On the day i was a bit bevvied and was happy with the place as i won a couple of hundred with the each way bet, didnt actually realise how close i was. Oh the agony!

This year im going for The Last Samuri 14/1 who's been 2nd and 3rd over the National course and a good jumper.

Also Vieux Lion Rouge 10/1, well handicapped, proven over the National fences and in good form.

Not great prices and as much as anything can win the great race i think this year something from the top end of the market will prevail.

Hope he keeps you warm in winter :)

26 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Wondering WTF Mr Henderson is up to tomorrow, everyone and their granny riding for him at Aintree in races worth tens of thousands while De Boinville is off to Taunton to ride two in races that are only worth £10k combined.

Think it might be more to do with the connections/keeping there rides at aintree rather than sending Ndb over for 2 certs. Still looks a decent double at Taunton tho

4 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Think it might be more to do with the connections/keeping there rides at aintree rather than sending Ndb over for 2 certs. Still looks a decent double at Taunton tho

Yeah, not sure about the Bumper tho.

Nico was the most profitable jockey in British jumps racing last season btw, +£105.75 to a £1 stake with a 21% strike rate.

Out of the jockeys riding for Mr Henderson at Aintree tomorrow we have the likes of:

Coleman -£205.48 to a £1 stake with strike rate of 18%

Jacob -£178.96 with 13%

Fehily -£125.14 with 10%

and Geraghty, McGrath and Bass somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

And in conclusion, I need to get out more.