MisterC

Ryan Jack

698 posts in this topic

Decent midfielder with a bit of dig about him. Fine to supplement the squad, but need real quality. 

With the right coaching, has the ability to improve himself & our midfield. 

I point you all to Armstrong at CFC, when signed from Dundee Utd I thought he was the poorer of the two but Rodgers has turned him into a key player at the club.

Just because he doesn't have an "inio" at the end of his name doesn't mean we shouldn't look at the best Scotland has to offer & a the captain of Aberdeen, a team who are nine points clear of us should certainly be regarded in that manner 

1 person likes this

We need a player with a bit of dig and he's a right dirty bastard but don't think he's the quality we need. Maybe if Rossiter comes back from the dead he could be decent back up for him.

2 people like this

As has already been mentioned, we could do with a cunt in the middle of the park, someone with a bit of dig about them.

Garner will be pleased, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he was off in the summer. The same could be said for most of this squad, but Caixinha obviously can't bin the whole team.

I think I said earlier in this thread that I think he's overrated, but if we get him for nothing then I'm not complaining 

I remember he was tipped as a world beater a while ago. I'm sure Everton and Roma were interested. Plenty of experience at only 25, a natural in a position where the only natural we have in the squad has been injured all season and it weakens a team currently ahead of us. He's a good player, he's free and we have to account for losing Toral and Hyndman, as well as potentially flogging Crooks or Halliday. Very straightforward signing on a free for me. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

I remember he was tipped as a world beater a while ago. I'm sure Everton and Roma were interested. Plenty of experience at only 25, a natural in a position where the only natural we have in the squad has been injured all season and it weakens a team currently ahead of us. He's a good player, he's free and we have to account for losing Toral and Hyndman, as well as potentially flogging Crooks or Halliday. Very straightforward signing on a free for me. 

Its a no brainer and it weakens aberdeen. Slowly came round to the prospect of this signing.

I would be surprised if he signed a pre-contract with us while Aberdeen are trying to hold on to second place in the league.  The hatred directed at him would be considerable ...

4 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

I would be surprised if he signed a pre-contract with us while Aberdeen are trying to hold on to second place in the league.  The hatred directed at him would be considerable ...

He's a Rangers fan and if we double his wages I doubt he'll care too much.

3 hours ago, Ace said:

With the right coaching, has the ability to improve himself & our midfield. 

I point you all to Armstrong at CFC, when signed from Dundee Utd I thought he was the poorer of the two but Rodgers has turned him into a key player at the club.

Just because he doesn't have an "inio" at the end of his name doesn't mean we shouldn't look at the best Scotland has to offer & a the captain of Aberdeen, a team who are nine points clear of us should certainly be regarded in that manner 

Armstrong has took about 3-years constantly playing with midfielders like Biton, Brown, McGregor, Commons to get to that stage. Not that those mentioned are amazing midfielders, but they're miles better than anything we've got with the exception of Hyndman.

As for Naismith and Thomson ... for every Naismith, Thomson and Armstrong - there's a dozen Gavin Rae's, Jason Holt's, David Templeton's, Ian Black's, Dean Shiels', Billy King's, Michael O'Halloran's ... and that's before getting started on the tarriers midfield flops from the Scottish teams in recent years.

Scottish football is absolutely dire. There's no quality here in the rest of the league. Jack was ridiculously bad against us last weekend. 

1 person likes this

How fucking good would it be to take the Aberdeen captain :lol: 

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

He's a Rangers fan and if we double his wages I doubt he'll care too much.

The 'Rangers fan' thing doesn't necessarily count for much though.  They are all mercenaries and will go for the 'best' offer (Scott Allan ...). If he is keen to come to Ibrox, and is prepared to sign a pre-contract, then great.  If he holds out waiting for an offer from England or Celtic Park, then we should withdraw from the deal asap.  

37 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Armstrong has took about 3-years constantly playing with midfielders like Biton, Brown, McGregor, Commons to get to that stage. Not that those mentioned are amazing midfielders, but they're miles better than anything we've got with the exception of Hyndman.

As for Naismith and Thomson ... for every Naismith, Thomson and Armstrong - there's a dozen Gavin Rae's, Jason Holt's, David Templeton's, Ian Black's, Dean Shiels', Billy King's, Michael O'Halloran's ... and that's before getting started on the tarriers midfield flops from the Scottish teams in recent years.

Scottish football is absolutely dire. There's no quality here in the rest of the league. Jack was ridiculously bad against us last weekend. 

All about opinions bud ... I think Jack could do a great job for us, certainly add some strength to our midfield that's been sorely lacking 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

All about opinions bud ... I think Jack could do a great job for us, certainly add some strength to our midfield that's been sorely lacking 

Fair do's. 

This is a serious problem, the players in Scotland. 

Ryan Jack is probably the best midfielder in the league outwith cellic. The problem is, he's not even close to the level that players like Thomson were. Scottish football is producing bang average players and we don't have time or money to take gambles like cellic done with ciftci, armstrong and mckay steven, that example right there outweighs 2-1 in favour of being a disaster to turning out ok. 

Is Ryan Jack going to take us to the next level? Probably not, but we don't have the money to get taken to the next level anyway. 

1 person likes this

He's better than the majority of what we have so it's a no brainer just a little underwhelming 

McInnes saying that Jack has told him that there is nothing to the story and that he and his agent have had no contact with us and he doesn't anticipate there being any, says the player may stay with the sheep but if does move on it will likely be to England.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/aberdeen-captain-ryan-jack-not-interested-joining-rangers/?utm_content=buffer3e42f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

22 minutes ago, therightway said:

McInnes saying that Jack has told him that there is nothing to the story and that he and his agent have had no contact with us and he doesn't anticipate there being any, says the player may stay with the sheep but if does move on it will likely be to England.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/aberdeen-captain-ryan-jack-not-interested-joining-rangers/?utm_content=buffer3e42f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

What a surprise ...

47 minutes ago, therightway said:

He's hardly going to come out and say yeah Ryan's joining Rangers. The outrage from the sheep would be funny if that happened. 

Imagine we pip them to 2nd on the last day then straight after the game announce we've signed their captain :mutley:

Hope this isn't what we're going for, average shite player

The bleating from the pastures would be deafening  :lol:

How long before we get slated for trying to sign him like what happened with Shaun Allan?

Weakening Aberdeen by taking their captain for free wouldn't break my heart.