DeanMK    1,909
12 minutes ago, gsa said:

The MLS is tinpot? I'd rather play in front of decent crowds in great stadiums, in cities like LA, New York or Seattle than against Hamilton, on an Astro in a morrisons car park. 

It is. 

I'm not comparing the leagues, just making a statement. 

Gaz52    11,629
12 hours ago, DeanMK said:

Honestly, see the Twitter clique of Rangers fans with thousands of followers. They're a fucking cancer man. Constantly making shite up to gain attention. 

I can't stand them all mate. I called that Gregco out the other week and ended up getting abused by about 30 of them, everyone of them brown-nosing him like he's some sort of messiah

He's a wee spice-boy who makes good photo-shops and his gullible fan-club lap it all up and believe him. 

Aubie92    718
On 02/05/2017 at 0:19 AM, gsa said:

The MLS is tinpot? I'd rather play in front of decent crowds in great stadiums, in cities like LA, New York or Seattle than against Hamilton, on an Astro in a morrisons car park. 

On 02/05/2017 at 0:32 AM, DeanMK said:

It is. 

I'm not comparing the leagues, just making a statement. 

I don't think the MLS is of a bad standard and there are a few well supported teams, but it is tinpot. The way the American sports leagues work with salary caps has a part in that; designated players aside, the wages aren't that high - and if you're a utility player they're quite low. 

I can see why SPFL players would be tempted, as for some of them there's a wage increase on offer, the chance to live in the USA or Canada, and if they settle there's no lack of coaching opportunities from high school, college, academy or senior sides. It's potentially life changing for some. 

It'd be an odd move for Jack though; given his age and experience you'd expect he could make more in England for a few years and still have the option of moving Stateside if it's something he really wants to do. 

DeanMK    1,909
38 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I don't think the MLS is of a bad standard and there are a few well supported teams, but it is tinpot. The way the American sports leagues work with salary caps has a part in that; designated players aside, the wages aren't that high - and if you're a utility player they're quite low. 

I can see why SPFL players would be tempted, as for some of them there's a wage increase on offer, the chance to live in the USA or Canada, and if they settle there's no lack of coaching opportunities from high school, college, academy or senior sides. It's potentially life changing for some. 

It'd be an odd move for Jack though; given his age and experience you'd expect he could make more in England for a few years and still have the option of moving Stateside if it's something he really wants to do. 

This.

The MLS is more of a lifestyle choice than a footballing ambition.

Blue Sheep    25

You can't judge a player in 5 minutes on sportscene every week. Unfortunately  and not by choice I have to attend pittodrie 10 times a season with corporate clients( it's part of my job) . Jack stands out with his easiness on the ball and he positions he takes up to receive the ball, he can also play some great balls and not afraid to get stuck in. His biggest downside is he dosent shoot, he would rather set someone else up.

Some of the Aberdeen fans slate him not because of how he plays but because he was seen in the Rangers end  at one of the games. . The haters call him "Union Jack".

If he does sign I think he would slot in with ease and please the Ibrox faithful........but he will never be able to walk the streets of Aberdeen again.....ever!

Dryhorse    7

We need a player like Ryan Jack rate him he might not be flashy or even a stand out on the bal but that is good he goes unnoticed and gets the job done provides security for a cumbersome at times defense remind you off anybody?

Scottish to don't care what anybody says we need a core of Scots if there good enough especially if we are in Europe with the home grown rule Jack would fit in and if there is any spends left use it wisely elsewhere we need proven players and a bit of dig

kris1984    513
14 minutes ago, Dryhorse said:

We need a player like Ryan Jack rate him he might not be flashy or even a stand out on the bal but that is good he goes unnoticed and gets the job done provides security for a cumbersome at times defense remind you off anybody?

Scottish to don't care what anybody says we need a core of Scots if there good enough especially if we are in Europe with the home grown rule Jack would fit in and if there is any spends left use it wisely elsewhere we need proven players and a bit of dig

We have bigger worries than the home grown rule and need much better than Jack who IMO is a poor man Scott Brown.

KingKirk    4,893

FB has the lad signing for us on a 3yr deal good signing IMO 

MisterC    1,916
3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

FB has the lad signing for us on a 3yr deal good signing IMO 

Another MisterC exclusive comes in.... 

Scott1872    620
On 05/05/2017 at 9:36 PM, Blue Sheep said:

You can't judge a player in 5 minutes on sportscene every week. Unfortunately  and not by choice I have to attend pittodrie 10 times a season with corporate clients( it's part of my job) . Jack stands out with his easiness on the ball and he positions he takes up to receive the ball, he can also play some great balls and not afraid to get stuck in. His biggest downside is he dosent shoot, he would rather set someone else up.

Some of the Aberdeen fans slate him not because of how he plays but because he was seen in the Rangers end  at one of the games. . The haters call him "Union Jack".

If he does sign I think he would slot in with ease and please the Ibrox faithful........but he will never be able to walk the streets of Aberdeen again.....ever!

👏

Leeds_Bear    1,367
On 02/05/2017 at 0:09 PM, Gaz52 said:

I can't stand them all mate. I called that Gregco out the other week and ended up getting abused by about 30 of them, everyone of them brown-nosing him like he's some sort of messiah

He's a wee spice-boy who makes good photo-shops and his gullible fan-club lap it all up and believe him. 

This isn't directed at just you mate, but I've never understood why it bothers people so much? You can just unfollow and block people, half the stuff they say is purely satire and having a laugh. Just my personal opinion though.

PRW.    4,045
On 2 May 2017 at 0:01 AM, DeanMK said:

Honestly, see the Twitter clique of Rangers fans with thousands of followers. They're a fucking cancer man. Constantly making shite up to gain attention. 

Greg is a good guy. 

The ones that annoy me are that wee tarrier sympathysing clique of 14 year olds on it. Weirdos.

the goal machine    3,855

The Portuguese said: “I assess a lot of Scottish players, at least those who play against us.

“Jack has not played for the last two matches – if I am not wrong – and maybe he won’t play against us on Wednesday. But because of his age, his quality and what he has done in the last two seasons, he is a player I like. 

“There are maybe six or seven more like Jack that we assessed.

“He is a good player. Young and Scottish.

“I like his consistency, although he has missed a few games recently. I like his leadership as captain at a young age.

“I like the way he sees the game and gives the out ball in the build-up. He gives a balance to the team when it’s attacking.”

Caixinha is also impressed by Jack’s physical presence in midfield.

“He has aggression, especially at moments when you need balance,” said the Rangers manager. “Players can be released in attack when they know others are giving them cover. We have struggled with that, definitely.

“For example, the last goal we conceded against Hearts came from a poor line of cover.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/804965/Rangers-news-transfers-Ryan-Jack-Aberdeen-Pedro-Caixinha-latest-Scottish-gossip

Quite pleased if we've signed him tbh. One of the few players from this league we've been linked with who I think would significantly improve us.

DBBTB    6,990

Reading those comments I would say there's a pretty strong chance that this one happens.

Guest Lloyd72   
Guest Lloyd72

Looks like this is a goer, not a fan tbh but I'm sure it'll piss off some Aberdeen fans so I guess I can live with that.

Laudrup1984    6,178
36 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Reading those comments I would say there's a pretty strong chance that this one happens.

He never talks about other players but today spoke about Jack glowing and categorically dismissed the Hearts lad. Yeah looks like Jack is gonna happen.

Goianegra    795

Last player we picked up from Aberdeen turned out alright after many question marks over the potential signing of Sone Aluko. 

scottyscott1963    2,083

If this boy signs let's hope he is thick skinned as the papers and the rest of Scotland will paint him as the king of the leper colony for signing for Rangers. 

Aubie92    718
2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

His wiki page seems to think it's a cert :lol:

Was just about to post this:

Screenshot_20170516-013016.png

(And naw, I didnae dae it.)

shaka    77
14 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Was just about to post this:

Screenshot_20170516-013016.png

(And naw, I didnae dae it.)

I like how his full name is now listed as Ryan Staunch Jack