Next Season & Beyond

Hi All,

Just wondering what others are thinking in regards to next season and beyond?

How do people feel we are going to be able to get ourselves back in the title race?

I know there is a varied opinion about how close we are in relation to the Tic but in my opinion were are a fair way behind.

I am a little bewildered by how King thinks we are a season or two away.

I think week and in and week out is the telling story-in those one of games vs the Tic it's easy to get up for things in the moment but you look at how the Tic and even Aberdeen play most weeks and it is far more complete and consistent to what we have been ever been able to produce for more than a half!

Asife from some massive lay out of cash from King and Co -I think its going to be a struggle to turn around-we will get past Aberdeen I am sure but how we are going to make up a 30 point gap I am not sure.

Maybe I am just in a crappy mood and a little negative from the results this weekend but just thought I would throw this out there as I seem to be out of answers myself!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we start well, we will make it harder for them. We started very poorly this year,and after the first match with them we were 7 or 8 points adrift after like 6 matches. The Barton fiasco didn't help. He stoked the fires last summer for the tar layers, and it blew up in his face. (Although we might find out if he was right on what was supposedly said to warburton and co).

the recruitment last year looked promising, but has been a disaster.

gilks. Came and gone. Hodson. Hardly plays. Senderos. Terrible. Barton. Didn't work. Krancjar. Hard to judge, but looked ok in some games, miles off the pace in the tarrier game he played. Dodoo. Obviously not good enough. Rossiter. Who?

hill the only success so far from last summer I can recall.

celtic recruited wisely in the correct areas, and they players have been a success for them.

we could go on all day, but we need better recruitment, more hunger, be more streetwise in away games against hearts, (blown away twice at their park), celtic, aberdeen and probably hibs as well. Be on the front foot from day one, be lucky with injuries, and give their all.

we must get closer.

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

A beginners guide to completely fucking up the internet. 

Might as well close this account and re-register and try again. 

Although I only have a few posts I have been on this site for ages for getting info and updates.

If people on here are going to lose there shit and bash me for a comment like that then it's pretty fucking poor. 

Again my comments is about Rangers the only team I care about.

4 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I think if we start well, we will make it harder for them. We started very poorly this year,and after the first match with them we were 7 or 8 points adrift after like 6 matches. The Barton fiasco didn't help. He stoked the fires last summer for the tar layers, and it blew up in his face. (Although we might find out if he was right on what was supposedly said to warburton and co).

the recruitment last year looked promising, but has been a disaster.

gilks. Came and gone. Hodson. Hardly plays. Senderos. Terrible. Barton. Didn't work. Krancjar. Hard to judge, but looked ok in some games, miles off the pace in the tarrier game he played. Dodoo. Obviously not good enough. Rossiter. Who?

hill the only success so far from last summer I can recall.

celtic recruited wisely in the correct areas, and they players have been a success for them.

we could go on all day, but we need better recruitment, more hunger, be more streetwise in away games against hearts, (blown away twice at their park), celtic, aberdeen and probably hibs as well. Be on the front foot from day one, be lucky with injuries, and give their all.

we must get closer.

First of all-i appreciate you commenting without call me one of them!

In regards to the comments-id agree with that completely!

We do need to get recruitment right for sure but we also need to buy one or two with more established class and quality!

4 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

Although I only have a few posts I have been on this site for ages for getting info and updates.

If people on here are going to lose there shit and bash me for a comment like that then it's pretty fucking poor. 

Again my comments is about Rangers the only team I care about.

New posters always get shit it's like a rite of passage.

As our good friend, Tony would say "take it on the chin".

16 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

Missing my point! What I am calling them is irrelevant! My feckin question was about us not them.

Who is us? "the tic"? not once in all my years on this earth have I heard a Rangers fan refer to them as "the tic" not a chance you are really one of us.

Just now, BluenoseCanuck said:

First of all-i appreciate you commenting without call me one of them!

In regards to the comments-id agree with that completely!

We do need to get recruitment right for sure but we also need to buy one or two with more established class and quality!

I've been on this site for close to 10 years, wether you are or not is irrelevant to me, without trying to sound smart,but I answered the question in my opinion. Facts don't lie. It's pretty obvious where a lot of our downfalls have been this season, (although it was there to see last year in away games against falkirk and hibs, beat twice against both, and the cup final and away to raith at the end of the season). Game management, mentality, desire and most importantly recruitment need to be a lot better. 

IMO we need at least seven players (if we could get another full season loan on Hyndman then six) much better than we have at the moment. How we are going to fund that I have no idea, but if we are going to challenge for the league we will need to find the money.