Lawwels Son

Not a little bit of a conflict of interests here ? His son Mark has a major say in how Manchester City spend their owners cash, They can afford to buy some of the best young talent for millions,One of these players was Partick Roberts who cost a reputed £12m.

I've not known or heard of a player coming to a Scottish club on an 18 month loan and also with such a high transfer value apart from Roberts,Happy to be corrected.

In doing his job does Lawwels son also take into consideration how it might also benefit his old man's club by signing these expensive players and loaning them to them for such a long period and giving them decent players with a high value over a long period of time,In affect a £12m player free gratis for 18 months, I also suspect that they would have a lot more of Man City players on loan but would perhaps be a bit to obvious as to what was going on,Hence why they get these players in dribs and drabs.

Don't think a lot of people are aware just how much input Lawwels son has on both buying players and loaning them to his fathers club.

Roberts,Denayer and Guidetti so far.

It's also interesting to note that Man City's head of scouting Fergal Harkins is a very good friend of Peter Lawwels from his days as a Nike executive.

This is Man City's policy on loaning out their players.

"They'll send them out to the club that will give them the right challenge at that time in their career, and how it will take them to the next step."

How do they get the right challenge in such a poor league dominated by one team with no competition as it stands just now.

It's nothing more than taking players to make them stronger and avoid spending big in the transfer window,Why pay when with a little help from a friend and your own son you can get them for free and not have to spend big in the transfer window.

Isn't that just a matter of having good contacts, family, friend or whatever? It's Man City's job to decide if their staff have interests that conflict with the club's.

I'd expect us to take advantage of those kinds of things where the opportunity permits.

22 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Isn't that just a matter of having good contacts, family, friend or whatever? It's Man City's job to decide if their staff have interests that conflict with the club's.

I'd expect us to take advantage of those kinds of things where the opportunity permits.

Nail on the head, this thread is a riddy. We'd slaughter they scum bastards if they moaned at this if it was us.

Nothing wrong with having "friends in the right places" as they say. 

Nothing illegal about it or that. No point getting wound up over it. 

Didn't SAF used to loan Man Utd players to his son all the time as well? 

Cunts will laugh at you OP.

then you look at who hired Doncaster and Reagan and folk laughed at those tie ins

then you look at platini being wined and dined at filth headquarters and folk laughed at that

then you laugh at who the scot football editor at sky and folk laughed at that

then you laugh at Ira Reid and folk laughed at that

meanwhile our club became pariahs, banned and sanctioned from Europe, denigrated to third class citizens and well on the way to espanolification well before Craig whyte downed us.

cunts still laugh and we get ever smaller

youd think they may wake up rather than deriding you OP

From what I understand he's actually more involved with scouting for their feeder clubs in America,  Oz and China. What he probably does do is point Shellick in the direction of players that are available for loan and look decent.its a non issue really, no different than Warburton using his contacts at Arsenal etc.

10 hours ago, thehost said:

Cunts will laugh at you OP.

then you look at who hired Doncaster and Reagan and folk laughed at those tie ins

then you look at platini being wined and dined at filth headquarters and folk laughed at that

then you laugh at who the scot football editor at sky and folk laughed at that

then you laugh at Ira Reid and folk laughed at that

meanwhile our club became pariahs, banned and sanctioned from Europe, denigrated to third class citizens and well on the way to espanolification well before Craig whyte downed us.

cunts still laugh and we get ever smaller

youd think they may wake up rather than deriding you OP

If i had started a thread berating the board or King they would be rubbing their hands and joining in.

What other Scottish team would have the ability to get £12m loan players for 18 months,Would Aberdeen or Hearts,Has any other Scottish club ever had a loan player that cost so much and a loan spell that lasted so long.

There is a huge conflict of interest here,If Lawwells son and his fathers good friend from Nike who's head of scouting didn't work for Man City are we to believe that the unwashed would still get these players,I'd like those who think it's nothing to be concerned about try and find another club who have gave them multi-million pound players on long loans six months after buying them, How come all the other big EPL teams don't send some of their best talent on loan to the unwashed.

Think of another scenario, Say Lawwels son and Lawwels good friend the chief scout and ex Nike executive discover a player who's highly touted as the next Messi/Ronaldo and pay £30m for him, A few months later he's loaned out to the unwashed and his performances and goals get them into the champions league and he runs riot in the Scottish league and plays a big part in the unwashed winning the league, Would people still just shrug their shoulders ?

It also makes it easier for Lawwels son and Lawwels head scout friend to convince those much higher up to loan to his fathers club as playing in a league with no competition will make them look even better and make it look as if these players have improved.

You only have to look at Van Dyke and Wanyama for example to see how much your profile can raise if you play in a poor league, Do we believe if there was a strong Rangers competing and winning titles these players like Wanyama and Van Dyke would still have went for such high transfer fees.

If Lawwels son and his Nike friend were not at Man City.. They wouldn't be getting these loans and the reason why i think it's a conflict of interest and used merely to strengthen their team and to appease their fans and save them spending millions on transfer fees.

I also remember a thread on here in relation to Warburtons daughter involved in a company who had a lot of players on their books and people kicking up a stink about it as some of those players were at Rangers and Warburton working hand in hand with his daughter and people were angered by it.. So if they were angered by that then why shrug their shoulders and not care what Lawwel is up to, That's also an advantage. 

23 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

If i had started a thread berating the board or King they would be rubbing their hands and joining in.

What other Scottish team would have the ability to get £12m loan players for 18 months,Would Aberdeen or Hearts,Has any other Scottish club ever had a loan player that cost so much and a loan spell that lasted so long.

There is a huge conflict of interest here,If Lawwells son and his fathers good friend from Nike who's head of scouting didn't work for Man City are we to believe that the unwashed would still get these players,I'd like those who think it's nothing to be concerned about try and find another club who have gave them multi-million pound players on long loans six months after buying them, How come all the other big EPL teams don't send some of their best talent on loan to the unwashed.

Think of another scenario, Say Lawwels son and Lawwels good friend the chief scout and ex Nike executive discover a player who's highly touted as the next Messi/Ronaldo and pay £30m for him, A few months later he's loaned out to the unwashed and his performances and goals get them into the champions league and he runs riot in the Scottish league and plays a big part in the unwashed winning the league, Would people still just shrug their shoulders ?

It also makes it easier for Lawwels son and Lawwels head scout friend to convince those much higher up to loan to his fathers club as playing in a league with no competition will make them look even better and make it look as if these players have improved.

You only have to look at Van Dyke and Wanyama for example to see how much your profile can raise if you play in a poor league, Do we believe if there was a strong Rangers competing and winning titles these players like Wanyama and Van Dyke would still have went for such high transfer fees.

If Lawwels son and his Nike friend were not at Man City.. They wouldn't be getting these loans and the reason why i think it's a conflict of interest and used merely to strengthen their team and to appease their fans and save them spending millions on transfer fees.

I also remember a thread on here in relation to Warburtons daughter involved in a company who had a lot of players on their books and people kicking up a stink about it as some of those players were at Rangers and Warburton working hand in hand with his daughter and people were angered by it.. So if they were angered by that then why shrug their shoulders and not care what Lawwel is up to, That's also an advantage. 

I think if they had a player that was the next messi/ronaldo there's no way he'd be up here, look at that Gabriel Jesus they signed for 30 million, no way they'd send a guy like that up here, these guys have a part to play down there. Roberts price tag of 12million was probably only so much coz city have money to burn so not a problem to them but I don't think he's worth that. 

On 05/04/2017 at 6:11 PM, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Probably higher.

They went for big money because they're very good players, Wanyama's a regular for the 2nd best team in England and Van Dijk will have his pick of top European clubs this summer.