Orange and Blue

Paulino?

37 posts in this topic

From Portugal: Pedro Caixinha set to make first Rangers signing, playing could arrive at Ibrox for free

7th April 2017

It seems Rangers could be close to signing Paulinho from Portuguese Second Division side Gil Vicente, at least according to the Portuguese press.

As reported by O Jogo today, the Glasgow club are interested in the winger whose contract in Portugal will be expiring at the end of the season.

A couple of weeks after taking charge of the club, Portuguese manager Pedro Caixinha is working on his list of signings for the next season and Paulinho would be one of the Ibrox targets.

O Jogo point out that Paulinho and Caixinha share the same agent, with the deal being relatively easy for Rangers to complete.

The player would also have offers from Portugal’s top division, but the opportunity to join the Rangers and Caixinha would be his preference for now.

Paulinho is the third highest scorer in his league, with 14 goals this season. Although Gil Vicente’s intention was to renew their captain’s contract, the player has already told them he’s not doing it as he seeks a bigger challenge.

It’s curious that O Jogo have their article just a day after English website HITC suggested Paulinho could be a good fit for Rangers and Caixinha. This could be the Portuguese press getting a little over excited, at least at this stage.

Read this in the Portuguese press

Yasss alway wanted him

8 hours ago, West_Side said:

Can't say I understand this reaction. Seems an ideal signing. 14 goals in 29 appearances from right wing, relatively young, and apparently Gil Vicente's captain. Free agent too.

Admittedly the Portuguese Second Division isn't the highest level, but still.

It's probably higher than our Premiership! 😀

4 people like this

I don't know how good he is but we have got to be looking outside the UK. The market in England is too expensive and certainly in Scotland there does not appear to be much. NI I really don't know much about. 

Switching our business from the lower English markets to the lower Portuguese markets

This will be fun! 

I'd rather we got someone that plays in the highest division of their country.

2 people like this

Mahrez,  le havre French 2nd division  to Leicester for 425k

We need to think outside the box for players. Paulino's with Pedro Mendes agency. Just a rumour mind:whistle:

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Orange and Blue said:

Mahrez,  le havre French 2nd division  to Leicester for 425k

We need to think outside the box for players. Paulino's with Pedro Mendes agency. Just a rumour mind:whistle:

No we don't we need proven quality and nothing else 

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Yep, we are well past the point of taking risk on players now. We need players who will hit the ground running.

11 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Right and now consider who's holding the purse strings.

This is the market. Same for MW.

44 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Right and now consider who's holding the purse strings.

This is the market. Same for MW.

Mediocrity is the highest we can achieve with the current duds in charge and we as a fan base should not accept this 

1 person likes this

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

Mediocrity is the highest we can achieve with the current duds in charge and we as a fan base should not accept this 

Obviously in an ideal world we'd sign a top manager and give hime a budget similar to what Walter or Advacaat had.

Considering that's not happening finding a manager who can spot unpolished gems and also has a track record of turning them into something valuable would be our best bet. That comes with the inherent risk of winning hee haw for a couple of seasons.

I'd hate to be in a position where we started down that long difficult road, got cold feet because the chairman was losing his much coveted hero status and abandoned it altogether.

Oh wait!

1 person likes this

Tunay Toran.

A free agent right winger that actually plays in the first division in his country and would be a 10x better shout.

1 hour ago, RDFM said:

Tunay Toran.

A free agent right winger that actually plays in the first division in his country and would be a 10x better shout.

Suggestion or rumour?

34 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Suggestion or rumour?

Suggestion bud.

1 hour ago, RDFM said:

Tunay Toran.

Would be excellent, but surely well beyond our price range?

4 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Proven quality costs money and we simply don't have it.  We'll be looking for players who have quality but are currently undervalued.

4 hours ago, theweebluenose said:

Yep, we are well past the point of taking risk on players now. We need players who will hit the ground running.

Every signing represents risk. 

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Proven quality costs money and we simply don't have it.  We'll be looking for players who have quality but are currently undervalued.

Every signing represents risk. 

So we will be signing quality then ?

if we fail to invest then we are gone it's that simple 

His full name is João Paulo Dias Fernandes in case any else fancies checking him out. 

I can't say I'm overawed but anything has got to he better than O'Halloran 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, West_Side said:

Would be excellent, but surely well beyond our price range?

He'll be a free at season's end mate.

Just now, RDFM said:

He'll be a free at season's end mate.

Are wages not quite high in the Turkish league? I was thinking his wage requests might be outwith our price range. I'm not sure what he's on right now though, and would be delighted to be proven wrong.

3 minutes ago, West_Side said:

Are wages not quite high in the Turkish league? I was thinking his wage requests might be outwith our price range. I'm not sure what he's on right now though, and would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Fuck knows but we need to start spending to win anyway so I'd hope we could tempt him with the prospect of European football, big crowds etc.

Proven quality takes millions to purchase. .. we do not have that. Look to find hidden gems is our only hope at this point