Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Lower leagues ? Yes

Freebie ? Yes

Own country? Yes

Links with agents ? Yes

Warburton wi an accent..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Lower leagues ? Yes

Freebie ? Yes

Own country? Yes

Links with agents ? Yes

Warburton wi an accent..

With a total lack of scouting network, what are the alternatives to signing players you know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no problem taking players from whatever background and making them into a team of hard-working battlers with skill. Teams we will be facing, Hibs, Thistle, and Aberdeen, should be getting ploughed into the dust next season. Our manager should be given all our support same as any other manager until they have made their mark. Judge every Ranger on what they do, not what they say or where they've been. Warburton found his level, lots of talk, it wasn't good enough. We move on. Pedro will not be judged on what is left of this season that's for certain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, West_Side said:

With a total lack of scouting network, what are the alternatives to signing players you know?

It was tongue in cheek mate lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoatbridgeBear said:

It was tongue in cheek mate lol

:lol: My apologies. Didn't see the ellipsis at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it happens, fair enough, but I sincerely hope this isn't the quality of signing we can regularly expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, philiprfc said:

If it happens, fair enough, but I sincerely hope this isn't the quality of signing we can regularly expect.

What r u expecting when we have no money ? Ronaldo or Messi ffs we need to be realistic until we get serious investment thesis is the calibre of player were going to be able to sign in afraid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Pedrono1 said:

What r u expecting when we have no money ? Ronaldo or Messi ffs we need to be realistic until we get serious investment thesis is the calibre of player were going to be able to sign in afraid 

Why do people throw in Messi or Ronaldo when you think we should be spending money on proven quality? it's not as if anyone is expecting Ronaldo and Messi it's something people say trying to sound smart.

My take on this guy is he might not be a known-name, proven quality or an over-whelming target but I think we do need to try and unearth a gem or two. However, if we dedicate a signing/transfer policy to this type of thing in lieu of spending hard-cash on proven quality and it doesn't work out then the management and custodians must be willing to take every single bit of slack that comes their way. They can't have it all ways especially as this is IMO our biggest managerial appointment and Celtic must be stopped soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sat Apr 08 2017 at 2:14 PM, RDFM said:

Tunay Toran.

 

A free agent right winger that actually plays in the first division in his country and would be a 10x better shout.

Looked at this guys stats online and can't say I'm overly impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Looked at this guys stats online and can't say I'm overly impressed.

10 goal contributions in 25 (?, I think) games for a side that is 8th in a league containing sides such as Besiktas and Galatasaray is fairly impressive. 

 

Im not insinuating he's the best winger in the world or anything but we would struggle to find better that would be affordable.

 

He also doesn't play in the second division in Portugal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RDFM said:

10 goal contributions in 25 (?, I think) games for a side that is 8th in a league containing sides such as Besiktas and Galatasaray is fairly impressive. 

 

Im not insinuating he's the best winger in the world or anything but we would struggle to find better that would be affordable.

 

He also doesn't play in the second division in Portugal.

Not that I'm suggesting him as a signing for one minute because I'm not, but this guy is supposedly on 12-15k a week and Jonny Hayes has had a better season than that, granted our league is shite but tbf, outside your big 3 clubs in Turkey the standard there isn't that great either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not that I'm suggesting him as a signing for one minute because I'm not, but this guy is supposedly on 12-15k a week and Jonny Hayes has had a better season than that, granted our league is shite but tbf, outside your big 3 clubs in Turkey the standard there isn't that great either.

Hayes plays for the second best squad in Scotland while TT plays for a side which has lost more games than they've won in a league which is significantly better than ours, even outside the top 3 clubs.

 

Not to mention TT was linked to a move with Besiktas in January which never came to fruition, the closest Hayes has come to a big move was when MW begged the board to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×