This is what annoys me about Rangers

K.A.I

I take on board the things everyone says on here about the majority of that team needs cleared out but what annoys me is that we are more than capable of results and performances like today but we don't play that way as often as we should. 

For all we need serious investment to challenge Cetic, I honestly bellieve that some of our guys that don't even play that much such as O'Halloran, Dodoo, Forrester etc would be first picks for any team in Scotland outwith Celtic.

The players have shown with the games against Hearts and Aberdeen at Ibrox, the first half against Celtic at Ibrox, Celtic away a couple of weeks ago and today that we can put in a performance but it bubbles down to consistency. 

Pedro was totally vindicated in dropping McKay and Halliday today and I thought we looked a bit more clinical from middle-to-front.

For all Beerman and Bates are rough round the edges and probably not Rangers-class, you've also got to acknowledge that as defenders they've came in played 2 games and helped keep 2 clean sheets at away venues - with the help of Fod, granted. 

Good days work. Shame with the Motherwell and Kilmarnock results it might just be too little too late for second. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Said after the Kilmarnock game that our players have ability they just don't show it often enough. 

Holt was brilliant today. As was Wilson. Two guys that have got it tight on here and probably rightly so. 

But if Pedro can get the best out of these players then they are not as bad as they have shown for the last 18 months or so 

I think the main thing with the team is the inconsistency. They just don't perform on that constant basis that you need to challenge for a title. It's exactly what you're going to get when you're shopping in the market we are though. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I take on board the things everyone says on here about the majority of that team needs cleared out but what annoys me is that we are more than capable of results and performances like today but we don't play that way as often as we should. 

For all we need serious investment to challenge Cetic, I honestly bellieve that some of our guys that don't even play that much such as O'Halloran, Dodoo, Forrester etc would be first picks for any team in Scotland outwith Celtic.

The players have shown with the games against Hearts and Aberdeen at Ibrox, the first half against Celtic at Ibrox, Celtic away a couple of weeks ago and today that we can put in a performance but it bubbles down to consistency. 

Pedro was totally vindicated in dropping McKay and Halliday today and I thought we looked a bit more clinical from middle-to-front.

For all Beerman and Bates are rough round the edges and probably not Rangers-class, you've also got to acknowledge that as defenders they've came in played 2 games and helped keep 2 clean sheets at away venues - with the help of Fod, granted. 

Good days work. Shame with the Motherwell and Kilmarnock results it might just be too little too late for second. 

I think you hit the nail on the head with consistency. To win a league you need players to be playing at a 7 or 8 out of 10 for 90% of the games throughout the course of the season. Our problem is sometimes you might get players playing at an 8 or a 9 (Mckay, Garner, Tavernier are classic examples) and then the next week you'll get a 3/4 out of them. 

What many of our players don't realise is that just isn't acceptable at our club. It might be at St Johnstone, Brentford, Wigan etc but not here. Hopefully the manager also understands this and brings in players that understand the level. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Don't let that result fool you. We were fucking disgraceful and should've lost that game by a few goals if it wasn't for Fod.

? happy chappy eh. 

Fod made one great save and two bread and butter stops

i agree that we shouldn't get carried away but on balance of play we were the better team

We scored three goals in 3 minutes today and were total pish for the other 87.

The thing that annoys me about Rangers is that we often win yet I still have no confidence in the squad because of the performance. I'm overjoyed with the win but we were pish and Aberdeen were also pish. 

A wins a win but spending 80 minutes shiting it every weekend is going to give me a heart attack

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Don't let that result fool you. We were fucking disgraceful and should've lost that game by a few goals if it wasn't for Fod.

Poor second half for the majority of it yeah but we could of easily have gone in at the end of the 1st 2-0 up if Garner and Waghorn could finish. If that was a disgraceful performance we'd be struggling to put words to some other performances this season.  

Just now, Bakbear said:

? happy chappy eh. 

Fod made one great save and two bread and butter stops

i agree that we shouldn't get carried away but on balance of play we were the better team

The better team? maybe the last 15mins, but we were not the better team for most of that game, We never deserved to win that game.

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

The better team? maybe the last 15mins, but we were not the better team for most of that game, We never deserved to win that game.

Agree to disagree, both teams were shite, we were less shite for the whole first half, slightly more shite for the second half up to Millers first goal and then decidedly less shite until the end.... on balance we were the least shite and therefore better team 

6 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Hardly disgraceful. We had the better of them in the first half, lost our way for 30 mins in the second but defended really well. Then finished the game strongly.

In a 90 minute match we've shown we can compete with celtic, however we've let ourselves down with all the stupid dropped points against the likes of killie, ross county, Inverness etc etc we should be nowhere near as far behind as we are and results like today are frustrating as it shows they do know how to win even when they're not playing well 

We lack the quality to do this every week unfortunately 

The problem with this team is they can either win 3-0 at Pitodrie and still get beat 4-1 at Tynecastle, they can get beat *-1 at paedo-dome and then almost win there just a few months later

I think we are maybe 4/5 players, and they need to be real real quality to start challenging the scum

This team won't go much further

2 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Poor second half for the majority of it yeah but we could of easily have gone in at the end of the 1st 2-0 up if Garner and Waghorn could finish. If that was a disgraceful performance we'd be struggling to put words to some other performances this season.  

Needing your keeper to play the way he did to get a win is disgraceful. Take away Kenny and Dodoo, who would you say was man of the match? Holt was the only other player to get pass marks, and Beerman wasn't too bad

You know what annoys me about Rangers? The terminally depressing fans who canna just enjoy an away win at the Sheep shaggers without fucking moaning about something..... fuck me we have plenty to be depressed about... i am enjoying this result.... try to find some enjoyment somewhere ffs... otherwise whats the fucking point

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

You know what annoys me about Rangers? The terminally depressing fans who canna just enjoy an away win at the Sheep shaggers without fucking moaning about something..... fuck me we have plenty to be depressed about... i am enjoying this result.... try to find some enjoyment somewhere ffs... otherwise whats the fucking point

IT was a win, but what does it achieve? we're not going to finish second. So seeing a team that actually looks like it can play a bit would be better. We never deserved to win that game by 3 goals. The result is blinding folk to the huge problems we have.

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

KAI man enjoy the win, get pished and get a couple a grams down ye 

I'm enjoying the win dude. Very satisfying. I'm just pointing out that we need to find our consistency levels. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

IT was a win, but what does it achieve? we're not going to finish second. So seeing a team that actually looks like it can play a bit would be better. We never deserved to win that game by 3 goals. The result is blinding folk to the huge problems we have.

Naw it isnae.... everyone knows the problems we have... makes the 3 nil win all the sweeter.... fucking revel in it man.... 

gubbed 3 nil in their own midden.... Sheep will be greeting the night and we finally stuck a few goals past a team on our travels.... we can save the misery for the next disappointing result

Performance for me proves that the team can produce when the going gets tough. We need a few more quality additions, up the consistency and we may be there - although that goes hand in hand with investment. 

Also proves that big Wes is far and away the best keeper in th league.

Play up the Glasgow Rangers.