This is what annoys me about Rangers

K.A.I

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Defensively i thought we were much improved today, much more aggressive going for the ball and Wes was top drawer when they had a clear chance...

Other thing for me was that the manager actually used subs to try and change the game and exploit gaps in the opposition.

Just need to do this every week!

13 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Needing your keeper to play the way he did to get a win is disgraceful. Take away Kenny and Dodoo, who would you say was man of the match? Holt was the only other player to get pass marks, and Beerman wasn't too bad

He made 3 decent saves, that's his job. 

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

IT was a win, but what does it achieve? we're not going to finish second. So seeing a team that actually looks like it can play a bit would be better. We never deserved to win that game by 3 goals. The result is blinding folk to the huge problems we have.

What does it achieve? Woke me up and gave me one helluva boost, I can tell you that. We're all painfully aware that this squad are not world beaters, but by God everyone that follows this team has been desperate for a result like that for ages and I for one am going to savour it. 

24 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Don't let that result fool you. We were fucking disgraceful and should've lost that game by a few goals if it wasn't for Fod.

Aye and there's plenty of games we deserved to win but didn't.  Enjoy the result ffs. The sheep are bleating all the way home. We were OK 1st half and shouldve been 2 up, but poor for much of the 2nd. In the end we delivered a 3-0 doing to a club whose support despises us. I'm going to enjoy it for a long time to come 

33 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Said after the Kilmarnock game that our players have ability they just don't show it often enough. 

Holt was brilliant today. As was Wilson. Two guys that have got it tight on here and probably rightly so. 

But if Pedro can get the best out of these players then they are not as bad as they have shown for the last 18 months or so 

Said in the match thread Wilson was immense. He has been since he was brought back in. Ive no doubt he finds in easier being forced to concentrate more on the defensive side of his game. He's always had ability with the ball at his feet, his reading of the game and decision making has improved dramatically. 

31 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Don't let that result fool you. We were fucking disgraceful and should've lost that game by a few goals if it wasn't for Fod.

It wasn't great at times but Pedro sucked in McInnes and blew him out in bubbles,we put the onus on them to come out and play in the second half and ultimately exploited the space they left in behind them.

Honestly you really need to have a word with yourself today.

38 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I take on board the things everyone says on here about the majority of that team needs cleared out but what annoys me is that we are more than capable of results and performances like today but we don't play that way as often as we should. 

For all we need serious investment to challenge Cetic, I honestly bellieve that some of our guys that don't even play that much such as O'Halloran, Dodoo, Forrester etc would be first picks for any team in Scotland outwith Celtic.

The players have shown with the games against Hearts and Aberdeen at Ibrox, the first half against Celtic at Ibrox, Celtic away a couple of weeks ago and today that we can put in a performance but it bubbles down to consistency. 

Pedro was totally vindicated in dropping McKay and Halliday today and I thought we looked a bit more clinical from middle-to-front.

For all Beerman and Bates are rough round the edges and probably not Rangers-class, you've also got to acknowledge that as defenders they've came in played 2 games and helped keep 2 clean sheets at away venues - with the help of Fod, granted. 

Good days work. Shame with the Motherwell and Kilmarnock results it might just be too little too late for second. 

Notice  the games you mention , and I do agree with you , it seems we can rise to the occasion the bigger the game . You have to question the attitude when it comes to some of the ' lesser ' ones . 

34 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

There were games under Warburton where we absolutely controlled it, missed chances, and the other team scored with their first attempt. Folk on here we're going mental saying possession counts for shit if we don't score.

35 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

A welcome reality check.

That was a fantastic result, but Dodoo, for example, will have to do much more than score against an Aberdeen side throwing men forward to compensate for his input this season.

This side is 30+ points behind Celtic and remain 9 behind Aberdeen; a wholesale clear-out is essential.

27 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

KAI man enjoy the win, get pished and get a couple a grams down ye 

Highlighting our errors doesn't mean we're not enjoying the result,  in fact I believe the best time to look at our errors is when we're In a positive mind state like after a win. 

We won today but there was too much luck involved for us to just move forward and just take the win.  We need better performances than today's if we want to get second place and the way to improve performances is to acknowledge where we have failed and work on it

6 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Said in the match thread Wilson was immense. He has been since he was brought back in. Ive no doubt he finds in easier being forced to concentrate more on the defensive side of his game. He's always had ability with the ball at his feet, his reading of the game and decision making has improved dramatically. 

Aye I thought Wilson was solid, too.

He looked composed, was strong in the tackle and played the ball out of defence with a sense of clinicalness (I know that's not really a word but it sounds right in my head) 

17 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

IT was a win, but what does it achieve? we're not going to finish second. So seeing a team that actually looks like it can play a bit would be better. We never deserved to win that game by 3 goals. The result is blinding folk to the huge problems we have.

What does it achieve? Massive confidence boost but above all shows our new manager what is needed to improve us going forward. Also let's him see what qualities if any the current squad has. He's only a few weeks into the job and is doing ok. Results like this are a bonus. How the fuck a supporter can't celebrate a 3-0 beating of the sheep is beyond me. 

36 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You reckon ? The sheep were certainly in the ascendancy when we scored but overall I thought we deserved the win , we certainly were the better team in the first half creating the only scoring opportunities , and obviously better in the last 15 . 

Fod did have 3 or 4 saves , difference was , we scored ours and that's what counts . 

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

Highlighting our errors doesn't mean we're not enjoying the result,  in fact I believe the best time to look at our errors is when we're In a positive mind state like after a win. 

We won today but there was too much luck involved for us to just move forward and just take the win.  We need better performances than today's if we want to get second place

How was there luck involved today?

38 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I think disgraceful is a bit strong mate we weren't brilliant but on the balance of play we prob had the better chances in the first half and the second fod made some good saves but they are saves we would expect him to make. I think a lot of credit must go to Pedro for changing it in the second half and it coming off plus like a lot of people said we should be giving the 2 young boys a lot of credit for the way they played. I'm a happy bear this Sunday that's for sure 

8 minutes ago, Willis said:

We won today but there was too much luck involved for us to just move forward and just take the win.  We need better performances than today's if we want to get second place and the way to improve performances is to acknowledge where we have failed and work on it

surely if we learned anything under Warburton its that performance counts for nothing, results matter.... I think we were the better team and although it wasn't pretty (in fact it was horrible football) we won 3 fucking nil.... I would take todays performance all day long as long as it comes with a clean sheet and three at the other end. 

We all dream of getting the results along with the performance but we are years away from that and we all know which one we would chose if we had to choose between pretty patterns and the Win

30 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

We lack the quality to do this every week unfortunately 

The problem with this team is they can either win 3-0 at Pitodrie and still get beat 4-1 at Tynecastle, they can get beat *-1 at paedo-dome and then almost win there just a few months later

I think we are maybe 4/5 players, and they need to be real real quality to start challenging the scum

This team won't go much further

I've no idea how we won that game 3-0, barely able to control the ball or complete a pass, doubt the manager or players do either. Makes it all the sweeter watching them leaving their sheds at the end...

Consistency at anything good is beyond this team, though. And not facing teams that have a go every week means today should be just be enjoyed on its own. The majority still need to go.

9 minutes ago, Willis said:

I just mean it in the sense nearly every game this season we have been depressed to fuck after it and we moan and moan (rightfully so) at the players etc, so when we do get a result like this make the most of it and do the moaning afterwards. We are all aware of our errors and where we need to improve, but fs you don't need to jump on them 10 minutes after the whistle

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We were a farce for most of the game bullied and bossed and it took the auld man to show the way, says everything we need to know about the squad.

I'll take a win like that any day however.

We were a farce?Come on that's nonsense.

57 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Thats what im thinking, was the same as the first game up there except we got the first goal, had they scored first today we'd have been pumped