Beerman and Bates

Bad Robot

Beerman I thought was superb again and wish he'd just taken the strike when he ran across most of the park.

Bates unfortunately I don't think has it as he ponders too long on the ball and gives possession away especially when he's under no pressure.

Yes two clean sheets and both contributed to this so thank you lads.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beerman showed his inexperience a couple of times getting caught out with long switched plays, other than that hes very good on the ball and competes well. 

Bates looks cumbersome, and id prone to an error, but he actually reads the game quite well and put in a few timely interceptions and tackles. 

Also, just young guys too. I thought Bates looks cagey and hopefully with a few more games he can grow into it.

Beerman looks a real prospect apart from getting caught out with a couple long balls in the second half. 

Id have them over Kiernan and Wallace btw but not if Wallace can discover his form.

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

Beerman showed his inexperience a couple of times getting caught out with long switched plays, other than that hes very good on the ball and competes well. 

Bates looks cumbersome, and id prone to an error, but he actually reads the game quite well and put in a few timely interceptions and tackles. 

He did have some good interceptions in the 2nd half, I'll give the lad that ?

1 minute ago, West_Side said:

I agree that Bates does seem to give possession away a lot and often dwells on the ball for too long, but I thought his defending was overall quite good today.

Beerman looks like a quality prospect as well.

Bates has to work on his distribution,will be interesting to see how he gets on if he plays on a better surface at Ibrox as the pitches at Rugby park and Pittodrie were abysmal.

Beerman has done well in his two games and can only get better with more games but no doubt Wallace will just walk back into the team when fit.

Bates is a good defender, he's got the instincts for positioning and he's good in the air. He's really not great with the ball at his feet which is the big issue we're seeing with him.

He's a rough talent, young and still learning. We need to give him the time to develop before we start saying he's not Rangers class.

Beerman has looked impressive of the two probably because he's seen more of the ball and is more comfortable on it. Defended well against Killie and then today apart from a few wee incidents like getting caught under the ball when they switched it and having a shite touch at times, looked the part.

What's really important for both of them is that they've contributed to a generally solid defensive effort the last two games. Hopefully see much more of them in the run in.

It's a big step up from U20's to first team level 

Bates looks decent defensively and just needs to move the ball quicker 

Beerman seems comfortable on the ball and really does not look out of place in our first team. 

Overall, good to see the manager showing faith in them today. 

I think  that bates will be an exceptional player for us as he will grow  into his role, he will have seen,heard how negative ppl have been about him and will be desperate to prove everyone wrong. Him and Wilson should be the centre pairing for the rest of the season. Beerman looks a good prospect already and I hope we can keep him in the team and watch him continue to develop for us. 

If Beerman was in green and white hoops he'd be the next '£10m' man. He's a cracking wee player. Losing Wallace to injury for a period of time is a blessing, as I've felt he's struggled for a while but can't easily be dropped.

i actually think Bates is a good 'defender'. Reads the game well, and covers good areas. He's also quite a big boy and does well in the air. Will need to learn that there's not the same time on the ball as he gets at U20, but though he was defensively very competent. 

Well done to Wilson today too - who had a big role in organising from the back. Hopefully he continues to step up. 

Just now, RDFM said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Wallace doesn't start another game this season and considering both of their respective current forms I'd say that would be fair.

I think Wallace is out for a month to six weeks cant see him being back once he has fitness/training to make up.

16 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I think  that bates will be an exceptional player for us as he will grow  into his role, he will have seen,heard how negative ppl have been about him and will be desperate to prove everyone wrong. Him and Wilson should be the centre pairing for the rest of the season. Beerman looks a good prospect already and I hope we can keep him in the team and watch him continue to develop for us. 

Hill will replace Bates as soon as he's fit IMO 

Boys have stepped up well... In tough away games, where we have struggled all season.

Beerman is a little lightweight and gets caught under the ball a fair bit, mostly due to his height.

Bates has good positioning and is decent in the air.  Slow on the ball at his feet and passing isn't his strong point. Good CDM will help, come take the ball off him and pass.

2 cleans sheets in their first two games at difficult away venues.

Defence has only conceded 2 goals in 6 games...much better.