The Re-emergence of Danny Wilson ?

MARK92GERS

Was great today showed a lot of fight, hope it continues, id voted him as one of my players to leave in the summer but if he keeps it up like he did today id keep him

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Someone that is a threat in the opposition box would be good .

Someone who can dominate his area and the guy he is playing against .

Agree Wilson is our best defender at the moment but that would not be hard .

Good form though so credit there

Clint hill is excellent in both boxes.

Hope if he goes we replace him with another defender who can cause problems for the opposition. 

Always good having a cb who is dangerous at corners. Or one like boogie who could beat 6 players then score :lol:

Wilson is a decent player he just never seems to stay fit for a sustained run. Hopefully that's changing under the new management. 

He also seems a good pro and a decent guy. He spend ages signing autographs for the kids and getting pictures at the Enclosure a few weeks back. Kind of guy you want to do well

There's always been a player in Wilson. He has all the ability. Hard to put the finger on what's been going wrong so far - mw's constant binning him for his blue eyed boy and a lack in concentration and intensity against weaker opposition are the main two. These last two have been some of his best games for us as he was the leader at the back , he had to take charge with all the pressure on him and he's thrived under it. It's all mental with Wilson for me, when he's switched on and intense he is equal to Hill as our best defender. He always has been and always will be a thousand times the player Kiernan is, he has been since he was 17.

We need to be ruthless in the summer though. Kiernan and Senderos out for definite. One first choice centre half to come in for a few million, aim for a player who will be the best defender in the league - and i think Liam Lindsay at Patrick is a no brainer signing as well, let him, Hill and Wilson fight for the second spot. If Hill goes we need to sign two defenders we assume will be our first choices, even though i've just waxed lyrical over him and its harsh on Wilson if he keeps this form up , but again we just have to be ruthless this summer.

Just now, A.T.G said:

One of his posts 

"League table doesn't lie but I admire your staunchness" 

"Fail Fail"

Doesnt even try to hide it. Obsessed fucks creep me out man

giphy.gif

ranjurs ur deed

"ahm gun ae sign up ae a sevco forum man and poor bam em up haw haw"

Fucking sad pathetic bastards.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

ranjurs ur deed

"ahm gun ae sign up ae a sevco forum man and poor bam em up haw haw"

Fucking sad pathetic bastards.

They're like a big bunch of reoffending peadophiles. Just creepy.

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Clint hill is excellent in both boxes.

Hope if he goes we replace him with another defender who can cause problems for the opposition. 

Always good having a cb who is dangerous at corners. Or one like boogie who could beat 6 players then score :lol:

Loved Boogie . In fact . Would think he and Danny would maybe make a good pairing

I have always rated Danny Wilson highly think he's a cracking big defender. Its no coincidence that when we don't expose cbs and ask them to do what there paid to do we look more much more solid as a unit.

You can clearly see the work that has been drilled into the defender's since Pedro has arrived. Stepping out as one and dropping back in together as one when needed.

basics of a good defensive shape but when you've not had that in a long time its pleasing to see it coming back.

yes wes had saves to make but nothing that I wouldn't of expected him to deal with. Maybe apart from Rooney's shot midway through the 2nd half.