Greg Marshall New (Slo) official thread

Smile

10 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Its lucky there aren't many suitable trees that close to Ibrox. It would look like the final scene from Spartacus.

Using some poetic licence further on in that speech.

'I pull in resolution 11 and begin
To doubt the equivocation of the fiend'

:tu: aye very good 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

All that cash swilling around with not an ounce of transparency or accountability 

A natural question would be "What do the custodians of the cash have to hide?"

Well exactly. A final request for transparency and if none forthcoming a complainto plod would be justified.

10 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Go fuck yer self put the UB behind the Copland?  Fans loyal fans have had those seats for years and should not move for any cunt.  Yes I have dismissed the idea as Ibrox was never built to stand except the enclosures. 

The stadium is in memory of all those who died long before the Taylor report forced every club to Change

You do yourself no favours with you belligerence. You come across as an absolute throbber at times.

The UB have been moved more than once in recent years (as were other groups). People have been moved many times to accomodate others. If it leads to an improvement in facilities (particularly if it means upgrading the woeful disabled accomodation) then would some minor inconvenience to a few be a real issue. 

What if they decide to completely redevelop the 3 stands to provide even better accomodation are you going to chain yourself to a seat? 

1 hour ago, RFC Eagle said:

You do yourself no favours with you belligerence. You come across as an absolute throbber at times.

The UB have been moved more than once in recent years (as were other groups). People have been moved many times to accomodate others. If it leads to an improvement in facilities (particularly if it means upgrading the woeful disabled accomodation) then would some minor inconvenience to a few be a real issue. 

What if they decide to completely redevelop the 3 stands to provide even better accomodation are you going to chain yourself to a seat? 

Why should I and other loyal season tickets be moved for the union bears ?   What gives them special treatment over loyal season ticket holders for decades?   If they don't have good seats then that's their problem but do not expect others who actually sit there to move so they have better seats  

As for chaining myself to my seat? Why would the board give any fan preferential treatment over season ticket holders.? 

As for upgrading Ibrox? We can't afford to spend a couple of million on players never mind upgrade.  Who will invest in the club? As a shareholder this has been a major concern since the board took over.

It's the same with the standing seating areas? We would be lucky to afford to do both enclosures never mind the stadium and if you knew anything Ibrox was built like that because of the disaster and you will find most fans are happy sitting.  And as for them been moved before ? Stick them up the club deck then. 

1 hour ago, RFC Eagle said:

I know, if you read the whole of the post you'd know that I am acutely aware of that. I'm speaking from experience with my late wife.

I did read it and you know I'm disabled so you really did not need to post that as I have been going to Ibrox for as long as I can remember.. I watched the Copland the broomloan stands been built and headed for England for a couple of years as a child while they were building the Govan,  so I am very very aware of every part of our stadium. 

But what you are suggesting would not go down well with season ticket holders like myself in the Copland front for a  supporters group, we have enough problems as never mind creating our own. 

7 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Why should I and other loyal season tickets be moved for the union bears ?   What gives them special treatment over loyal season ticket holders for decades?   If they don't have good seats then that's their problem but do not expect others who actually sit there to move so they have better seats  

As for chaining myself to my seat? Why would the board give any fan preferential treatment over season ticket holders.? 

As for upgrading Ibrox? We can't afford to spend a couple of million on players never mind upgrade.  Who will invest in the club? As a shareholder this has been a major concern since the board took over.

It's the same with the standing seating areas? We would be lucky to afford to do both enclosures never mind the stadium and if you knew anything Ibrox was built like that because of the disaster and you will find most fans are happy sitting.  And as for them been moved before ? Stick them up the club deck then. 

I know exactly the reasoning behind the development but rail seating wasn't developed at the time so it is a moot point. 

Its funny that 'most fans are happy sitting' when I've spent considerable time standing (be it enclosure or Broomloan). You are implying that this would be immediate rather than a long term plan? I am not in UB and have often criticised them but they bring atmosphere and colour. Your 'stick them in the club deck' is typical of your selfish infantile posturing. Don't bother responding I have tired of your nonsense.

4 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

I know exactly the reasoning behind the development but rail seating wasn't developed at the time so it is a moot point. 

Its funny that 'most fans are happy sitting' when I've spent considerable time standing (be it enclosure or Broomloan). You are implying that this would be immediate rather than a long term plan? I am not in UB and have often criticised them but they bring atmosphere and colour. Your 'stick them in the club deck' is typical of your selfish infantile posturing. Don't bother responding I have tired of your nonsense.

Why is sticking them in the club deck typical? They want to move but you want to move them to the best seats in the ground and move those loyal fans ?   As I said if they need moved then what's wrong with the club deck ? It is a perfectly good stand is it not .

No fan should have to be moved for any other fan or else you are saying these fans are more important than you fans.   

As I said crazy idea and good luck getting the Copland front to agree to that one. 

6 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

You've chosen to ignore  content by Copland bear. :thumbup:

Aye I will do what you say , you come up with stupid ideas then what do you exoect. 2 season books for as long as I can remember but I and other will move because you think we should ?   As I said you are trying to shaft loyal fans for the UB. 

9 hours ago, legalbeagle said:

Did I? You do seem to be drawing your own conclusions as to what I have said.

I'm sure if I was to hypothetically point out an instance of an untruth, you would not be impressed if I used something you hypothetically insinuated, would you?

Ye seem tae think we're all stupid mate. 

You clearly insinuated I was a liar.

Here's a question for ye. If our new SLO is found to have been clearly lying to the Rangers support about EH CIC, amongst other things, do you think that would deem him unsuitable for such a post?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

9 hours ago, legalbeagle said:

Why would he not?

and I offer no comment on the remainder of the nonsense, as I have managed to rescue my life and avoid trawling through our boardroom section these days.

Fighting a losing battle usually does that to people when the cards start to fall.

You've not been missed.

3 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Go fuck yer self put the UB i the Copland?  Fans loyal fans have had those seats for years and should not move for any cunt.  Yes I have dismissed the idea as Ibrox was never built to stand except the enclosures. 

The stadium is in memory of all those who died long before the Taylor report forced every club to Change

How long have the UB's been in those seats?

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

It's fake. Both Greg & the club have tweeted to say so.

Why do people do this? What Twitter name will Greg use now that someone's gone and done this?

PS There may be a way around it but I don't do Twitter. Too complicated!

1 hour ago, thebooler said:

Ye seem tae think we're all stupid mate. 

You clearly insinuated I was a liar.

Here's a question for ye. If our new SLO is found to have been clearly lying to the Rangers support about EH CIC, amongst other things, do you think that would deem him unsuitable for such a post?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

I don't know why you have done the same thing that Courtyard Bear did, but to be clear, if i am talking to you then it is just you. Not 'all'. If I was suggesting that anyone was stupid it would be you, not all.

I am not particularly aware of any public statements issues regarding EH CIC, but if there are and they are wilful lies, then yeah. If circumstances have changed, then no. And if statements are knockabout, misinterpreted posts on an obscure forum on here, then no.

Generally speaking, having watched the way the Greg has carried himself with having to deal with some extremely hostile and rude individuals, I think he could be extremely good at this job.