Sign in to follow this  
He's blue he's white

Realistically...

How many players would you be happy with.  The overhaul of 10 players or so we all want will be a tricky one ans I don't want squad players replaced with squad players.

It's likely the the budget Pedro will have will be around 5mil (imo).

Realistically I hope we target the spine of our team with three solid players, we best we can attract given our financial contrainsts.

It'll be 5 or 6. Pray for 2 genuine quality. Doubt it though. But if PC gets the same near five million that dick got I hope he can spend it better and more effectively 

We need at least 8 new first team players and maybe 3 bench players too.

What we'll actually get is a different story though.

A couple of players who can shine in this league is bare minimum. They need to be far better than what we have too.

If needs must it would be a commanding center half and a pacey lethal striker. Of course we require another 4/5 of the same ilk but we all know that isn't realistic or likely to happen so those are the main positions for me. 

Quality over quantity, if we add a quality centre back, ball winning midfielder and 20+ goal a season striker and two or three loans for depth I'll be happy.

40 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

A couple of players who can shine in this league is bare minimum. They need to be far better than what we have too.

If needs must it would be a commanding center half and a pacey lethal striker. Of course we require another 4/5 of the same ilk but we all know that isn't realistic or likely to happen so those are the main positions for me. 

Exactly, The tims have brought 2 in and the rest of delias dross have been improved by better coaching, 2 top quality players and 4 good seasoned pros (2 Ch,rb and a ball playing midfielder) the two quality players for up top, move out the dead wood and promote 4 or 5 of the youths and we would see a vast improvement if PC is any sort of coach.

We need a strong spine down the team. 

4 or 5 players at a minimum.  I would say we need a CB, CAM, two wingers and a striker.  None of our players midfield to front are good enough. 

We need to do what Mourinho done at Man Utd (obviously with a lower quality of player).

Bring in a CB, CM, and CF who are a standard above anything we have at the club currently. On top of that bring in a few good standard first team players.

I think 6 is a decent number along with a fairly substantial clearout, aim to bring in 3 of a standard where they'll be 3 of the best players in the league - Defender Midfielder and Striker. Sort the core of the side out, hopefully they and Pedro can lift players like Wilson, Wallace, Holt, McKay and whoever else. 

Get it right and i think we can secure 2nd more than comfortably and get within 10-12 of Celtic, hopefully pushing them all the way into the split, giving us a bit of confidence that we can win it the following year. 

A Centre back, a solid defensive midfielder and two strikers.  I'd hope emphasis is put on the midfield and forwards. 

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

We need to do what Mourinho done at Man Utd (obviously with a lower quality of player).

Bring in a CB, CM, and CF who are a standard above anything we have at the club currently. On top of that bring in a few good standard first team players.

Aye cuz that's worked 😆

26 minutes ago, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

Aye cuz that's worked 😆

Well, it has. But yeah...

15 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

Quality over quantity, if we add a quality centre back, ball winning midfielder and 20+ goal a season striker and two or three loans for depth I'll be happy.

Sounds like the perfect scenario.

Centre back, Central mid, Striker of much higher quality than what we have as a starter. Couple decent loans and 2/3 squad players. 

this thread makes me chuckle, do people forget the cunt we have in charge of our club the now, we'll get 3 bosman signings, two loans and an over the hill centre half who will still turn out better than kiernan

Suggestion thread discussing the exact same shite is overrated anyway tbh

With the romours & free agents kicking about what about this...

Ruddy

tav     Berra   Bassong      Wallace 

Dorrans   Rossiter 

walker  McLean  Naismith

Cummings

subs Wes, Wilson, Miller, Mallon, McKay , Boyce

Obviously pedro will bring in some foreign players but for the lack of budget were going to have don't think that team looks too bad.

1 Hamid

2 Paterson  4 Alajuaro  5 Bennett  3 Cameron Borthwick loan

6 Gauld loan 8 Jack 7 Crawford

11 Zardes.     9 Larin.    10 Morris

Foderingham Paulinho Sibbald Lindsay MacLaren Wallace McLean

On Thu May 04 2017 at 11:14 AM, BailliestonTB said:

Ruddy

Dorrans   Rossiter 

walker  McLean  Naismith

Cummings

Obviously pedro will bring in some foreign players but for the lack of budget were going to have don't think that team looks too bad.

Absolutely brutal. 

On Thu May 04 2017 at 11:14 AM, BailliestonTB said:

Ruddy

Dorrans   Rossiter 

walker  McLean  Naismith

Cummings

Aside from Berra, Wallace, Tav and the Rat that has the makings of a decent side imo. Still don't think the midfield area would be strong enough though, Dorrans is probably the only one there that would walk into their side.

Bassong isn't even the best defender Norwich have released though.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aside from Berra, Wallace, Tav and the Rat that has the makings of a decent side imo. Still don't think the midfield area would be strong enough though, Dorrans is probably the only one there that would walk into their side.

Defo mate the midfield & the Attack doesn't look to bad. 

8 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Absolutely brutal. 

Have a go yourself son.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Could add bennet & jack to it aswell.