Footballing talent inheritance

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The older guys on here will have heard of an English footballing family, The Allen's, Les played for Spurs and Chelsea in the 50's and his 2 sons Clive and Bradley played in the 80's as well as their cousin Paul, Think Mad Dog Martin Allen is also related to them as well, quite a dynasty

4 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

The older guys on here will have heard of an English footballing family, The Allen's, Les played for Spurs and Chelsea in the 50's and his 2 sons Clive and Bradley played in the 80's as well as their cousin Paul, Think Mad Dog Martin Allen is also related to them as well, quite a dynasty

Saw Clive Allen play one of his few games for Arsenal, against us at Ibrox in a pre-season friendly. Bizarrely he was soon to leave Arsenal for Palace without playing a competitive game.

3 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Saw Clive Allen play one of his few games for Arsenal, against us at Ibrox in a pre-season friendly. Bizarrely he was soon to leave Arsenal for Palace without playing a competitive game.

Think he scored a barrel load of goals for spurs the one season and was in the England set up for while I think, your right about Arsenal, That was a strange one, think he went there on a big money move as well

2 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Think he scored a barrel load of goals for spurs the one season and was in the England set up for while I think, your right about Arsenal, That was a strange one, think he went there on a big money move as well

Arsenal paid £1.25m for him to QPR, then suddenly swopped him for Kenny Sansom.

12 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Watching kluiverts boy play for Ajax got me thinking, who are these father/son players that have continued the family footballing tradition, and been successful?

Don't say Brooklyn Beckham. 

Brain laudrup his brother and his dad. Ffs 

10 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Former Danish international Finn Laudrup's two boys could play a bit .

I heard they were both over rated , Micheal was very very average and Brain well he made Barry McKay look a player???, seriously Micheal at the time was one of the best players in the world and Brian has been the best player I have ever seen in Scotland by a country mile never mind a blue jersey 

12 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Thought of 1 and 3 :tu:

Does Wright Phillips and Ian Wright count...

No it's not his son, Shaun wright Phillips has a dad somewhere just because he is not famous like Iain does not give him the right to call him his son.  

If my son I would boot any cunt in the baws if they thought my wife or ex wife and child came as a package. He did adopt him when he was 3 because I think he married the mother.

Im not for step fathers , you have your da and that's it, 

25 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

No it's not his son, Shaun wright Phillips has a dad somewhere just because he is not famous like Iain does not give him the right to call him his son.  

If my son I would boot any cunt in the baws if they thought my wife or ex wife and child came as a package. He did adopt him when he was 3 because I think he married the mother.

I'm not for step fathers , you have your da and that's it, 

Couldn't disagree with you more. I am dad to two amazing daughters, who just happen to be step daughters, they are both grown up, know the score but have had absolutely no contact with their "real" dad for longer than I can remember. To them, I am dad, not step dad.

45 minutes ago, the sliver fox said:

Couldn't disagree with you more. I am dad to two amazing daughters, who just happen to be step daughters, they are both grown up, know the score but have had absolutely no contact with their "real" dad for longer than I can remember. To them, I am dad, not step dad.

Sorry you are not their dad, they have a dad, he might be a dick and you stepped up to the plate and fair play to you for that.  But there are usually 2 sides to every story as the amount of women who use their kids as weapons is disgusting.  You start of could not disagree with me more?  I have 2 daughters who happen to be step daughters. You answered your question yourself, they are not your daughters 

At the end of the day your partner had 2 kids with this idiot. And it's his loss

As I said fair play to you for stepping up, but unless they are Orphans I do not believe in step parents. 

My mum has been with the same guy 42 years and he is certainly not mine, my brother or sisters father, in fact he's a dick and I never liked him. 

Glad you have a good relationship with them as it's not always easy but sorry to say they already have a father yes a poor father , a dick, call him what you want but you and no one can ever deny they are his daughters. 

As an aside it does seem a little strange that the genetics to be a top footballer in today's athletic game aren't shared so much between family members, take Pogba and Schneider's brothers who were released by Partick and Dundee Hibs respectively.