beerman

RFC55

Boy looks a player eh?

Said to @TheCutch today that when Wallace comes back I'd play beerman further forward. He's quick, direct, comfy on the ball and his only downside was not knowing when to shoot.

He doesn't look a natural left back but he looks like he could be a bumper.

Fingers crossed he's a future star

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There hasn't been a point in any of the games hes played where I've thought, aye Wallace would've done that better. 

He's a really good player and looks very comfortable at this level. Obviously his height is an issue when the other teams put their biggest and strongest player onto him but he's coped well enough

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There hasn't been a point in any of the games hes played where I've thought, aye Wallace would've done that better. 

He's a really good player and looks very comfortable at this level. Obviously his height is an issue when the other teams put their biggest and strongest player onto him but he's coped well enough

Aye physically he struggled against sammon.

But he's as comfy as fuck. He runs with his head up. One of the first youngsters I've seen play with that level of confidence since Ferguson(im not comparing him to BF) but he picks the ball up drives with it and isn't scared to beat a man.

I hope he plays Next Week 

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The opposition continually fire their goal kicks down that side now hoping they'll get an advantage with the height difference but thankfully not really caused too many problems so far 

He shouldn't be moved to accommodate Wallace, and he definitely shouldn't be dropped for him. Wallace has been just as out of his depth as the majority of the squad this season. Look at how many goals we lose down his side, he gets an easy ride because most of this season the opposite side of him has been the partnership of Kiernan and Tav who are literally as poor as it gets. He's particularly bad against Celtic - absolutely petrified of Forrest. I genuinely think he's past it, 4 seasons playing at the levels we were at right as he was coming into his prime has cost him dearly. 

6 minutes ago, govanblue said:

My motm today (him or Holt). :tu:

Bates rose well to the challenge today too. :tu:

Bates as an actual defender imo has looked very good.

When he gets the ball I get anxious but he's a good defender from what I've seen 

Considering that the 3 games he's played so far the opposition managers must have targeted him as the weak link and attempted to put him under pressure, but after 3 clean sheets he's showing that up till now he can handle that pressure, it's still early days but I like what I'm seeing.

I'm not going to get carried away. He's had solid matches, but not done anything special yet. He's been tidy and made some good runs with little end product offensively.

For an 18 year old it's promising but just because he's not playing bad doesn't mean he's good enough either. Definitely happy for him to be a rotation player and I'm not going to be worried if I see his name on the team sheet but time will tell if he can grow into a first choice starter.

Looks like a tidy player and does look good going forward I think he used to be used as a winger. Only criticism is he's a bit lightweight but then again he's only 18. I'd be disappointed if he was dropped for Hobson for the filth considering how well he's played for us.

7 minutes ago, dogtanian said:

Looks like a tidy player and does look good going forward I think he used to be used as a winger. Only criticism is he's a bit lightweight but then again he's only 18. I'd be disappointed if he was dropped for Hobson for the filth considering how well he's played for us.

Hobson would be the wrong choice.... :whistle:

Think as someone else said, Beerman might do well playing in front of Wallace, tackles well and seems to read the game plus, being Maltese he should be able to fire in decent crosses.