Hibs

They'll snap up a few fringe players from the taigs, probably make the top 6 comfortably, get absolutely slaughtered in every game against them but treat every game against us like a cup final.

Some of the taigs I know pretty much support both clubs now after the final last year then Lennon taking them over.

One actually said to me yesterday that his ideal end to the season would be us beating them next week then Hibs beating us in the final again so that both Rodgers and Lennon have a double. Absolutely tragic.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BradPitt said:

what's the damage off the pitch? are they broke financially or something?

They are in debt now.  Not withstanding the initial 2 years worth of loss from not having us in the top league, but the two years of not having Hearts and Rangers too.  The last I read, they were running their club on Premiership finances and they were loss making at a critical level.  I'm also sure they said if they didn't get promoted this season then they'd restructure their club as a second div one.

As 'on the brink' now goes in Scotland, that was it.  They are going to be relegation fodder next season.

On 17/04/2017 at 11:57 AM, kanjo said:

They are in debt now.  Not withstanding the initial 2 years worth of loss from not having us in the top league, but the two years of not having Hearts and Rangers too.  The last I read, they were running their club on Premiership finances and they were loss making at a critical level.  I'm also sure they said if they didn't get promoted this season then they'd restructure their club as a second div one.

As 'on the brink' now goes in Scotland, that was it.  They are going to be relegation fodder next season.

At least one senior club in Scotland is apparently operating on shaky financial ground. When that was reported the Tims obviously thought it was us and were gleeful, despite Dundee United needing a cash injection from a foreign based fan - and the Thompson infighting - and Hibs were struggling too. Those were the two teams I thought of as being in perilous financial states. 

My gran was a Hibs fan. Didn't find out until after the Cup Final last year. My dad was there and said it was the first time we've lost a final where he didn't feel raging or gutted, just because his mum supported Hibs and she'd died a few weeks before the final. No idea why a Presbyterian who was born, lived and died in Neilston supported Hibs though. :huh:

On 17 April 2017 at 5:27 PM, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

One actually said to me yesterday that his ideal end to the season would be us beating them next week then Hibs beating us in the final again so that both Rodgers and Lennon have a double. Absolutely tragic

It would be so much funnier if he had to say that to you through a bust set of railings. Punch his teeth out.

On 17 April 2017 at 11:27 AM, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

One actually said to me yesterday that his ideal end to the season would be us beating them next week then Hibs beating us in the final again so that both Rodgers and Lennon have a double. Absolutely tragic.

Should have stabbed the cunt then blamed it on overexuberance.

On 16/04/2017 at 11:28 AM, G.E.C. said:

They'll do some damage next season. Don't want to start turning this into a lovefest but they have a decent squad a proven manager. They'll sign better players.

We had an appauling record against them in the cup and championship.

Yip that's Danny Swanson signing now. Worrying times. I think we will be fifth 

Still sick, and angry, that probably the worst hibs team in their history (a team that was deservedly heading for their 3rd consecutive season in the 2nd tier) beat RFC in the cup final last year. 

1 hour ago, BlueRD said:

Still sick, and angry, that probably the worst hibs team in their history (a team that was deservedly heading for their 3rd consecutive season in the 2nd tier) beat RFC in the cup final last year. 

We smashed you's on the pitch ya manky bastard

12 hours ago, BlueRD said:

Wow