People at the match using mobiles

Rambo1872

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Annan, ground was tiny was struggling for a ticket.  Managed to get one seconds before kick off a weans one.  Went into the ground.  Lucky if I was there for 5 minutes and went back to the wee club we were all in. :lol: 

Belter of a ground, we got tickets off the chairman for the first one, absolutely Baltic and in the wrong end, some cunt was getting in behind us wearing a Rangers shirt and polis said no mate, take that off. He did and was covered in loyalist tattoos so he said ok bud put it back on ha ha ha 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Same as myself mate, changed me for ever in the same way but I'll stand by the fact I've never enjoyed football as much. Funny thing I've missed more games this season (10 home and away)  through a change in my work than I've missed in the  last ten years and I honestly can't say I'm gutted, I never ever thought that would be the case and if I'd have missed Montrose away I'd have been fuming ha ha 

I'm sure it was Montrose we went too and our bus has emptied into some wee pub before kick off.  We're getting the kitty ready and someone sticks a quid into the pool table.  There's no cues, so as were ordering the drink we ask for the cues and the burd behind the bar tells us were not getting them incase we cause trouble and use them basically.  Boy that's ordering the drinks tells her to do one and stop pouring the pints were no staying here.  But the rest of us grab aw the balls and the triangle and fuck off to another pub.  My big mates walking along the Main Street with a triangle on his napper and we eventually get another pub.  There's a big crowd already in there and we set the balls up on the ground and start playing pool on the floor. :lol: 

eventually the coppers come in and want the stuff back but they are pissing themselves laughing aswell.  

A mind the time a daft tarrier came into the pub with the green and grey on in east fife and got chased back out aswell. Mind the burd behind the bar shouting at him "Charlie a fucking told ye no tae dae this" :lol: 

9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Belter of a ground, we got tickets off the chairman for the first one, absolutely Baltic and in the wrong end, some cunt was getting in behind us wearing a Rangers shirt and polis said no mate, take that off. He did and was covered in loyalist tattoos so he said ok bud put it back on ha ha ha 

I'm steaming, but that made me laugh out loud ?

My favourite part about this forum is when the discussion changes to everyone talking about how their descent into alcoholism began in the lower leagues, and @GOAT telling the pool ball story. It's like watching a rerun of your favourite Simpsons episode. :lol:

Wee woman infront of me was playing solitaire on her phone at an away game a few months ago, good few in the stand had noticed so I shouted - 'put the jack on the queen!'. Poor woman was mortified.

When Man City had a penalty the other week nearly everyone behind the goal had their phone up taking a video of it, wtf is that about.

It was discussed on 5 Live a while ago about how it detracts from the atmosphere, they were talking about the tour de France and when the cyclists go past the throngs at the side of the road he said it used to be all raucous cheering and clapping now you can hear the tyres on the road and the click of shutters as everyone takes a photo/video, who are you going to show it to as everyone else has the same moment captured.

3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

When Man City had a penalty the other week nearly everyone behind the goal had their phone up taking a video of it, wtf is that about.

It was discussed on 5 Live a while ago about how it detracts from the atmosphere, they were talking about the tour de France and when the cyclists go past the throngs at the side of the road he said it used to be all raucous cheering and clapping now you can hear the tyres on the road and the click of shutters as everyone takes a photo/video, who are you going to show it to as everyone else has the same moment captured.

Aye never understood that, was at Chelsea a few months ago and some asian tourist infront of me started recording it on their ipad. Thank fuck we don't have that up here.

over here (in Lithuania) i stopped going to concerts when mobile photos showed up. dark arena, full crowd, good music, and some people take out their phones or even cameras, hold them up and take photos, some of them with flash. they go to a concert so they can take a picture and post it on facebook. and in the process they hurt others experience.

11 hours ago, M0NTY said:

What is the RM take on this practice? Both the guy beside me, the burd in front of me, and a guy to the left in front of me spent a good amount of time during the match replying to folk on whatsapp and checking english scores. 

Now personally i dont mind too much because im watching the full 90 mins and it doesnt affect me but i just dont see why people pay to go to ibrox and sit on their phones. 

Anyone else noticed this in their section? It baffles me.

Maybe they should introduce that same ad you see at the cinema 5 mins before kick-off ;-)

11 hours ago, Inigo said:

Trying to think what else I'd ban. Probably quite alot of stuff.

There'd be some kind of punishment for leaving your seat empty, obviously. You know, for not using the secondary ticketing, Govanblue or giving it to someone else. Terrible behaviour that.

The Catholic supporters.

3 hours ago, BradPitt said:

over here (in Lithuania) i stopped going to concerts when mobile photos showed up. dark arena, full crowd, good music, and some people take out their phones or even cameras, hold them up and take photos, some of them with flash. they go to a concert so they can take a picture and post it on facebook. and in the process they hurt others experience.

Yag shamash Billo, yag shamash.

I don't get it either. If I go to Ibrox then I'm there to watch Rangers. Is it so fucking hard to not touch your phone for 90 minutes? So many people are addicted to social media. If I'm gonna use my phone I wait until half time but even then I can never get a signal in Ibrox. The club should install jammers and only allow 999 to be called but then you'd have people breaking down and going bananas because they can't post a fucking selfie to instagram or something stupid. 

I also agree with these characters who don't turn up to about 15 minutes into a game and then leave at 75-85 minutes. If you're genuinely late or have to leave then fair enough but not because you want to have another pint or catch the subway. I always turn up early so I can watch the players warm up and leave at final whistle. Of course I can't tell people what to do with the money they spend but what's the point in turning up if you're gonna miss the start/end of the game or spent the game with your eyeballs glued to your phone? 

16 minutes ago, one55 said:

I don't get it either. If I go to Ibrox then I'm there to watch Rangers. Is it so fucking hard to not touch your phone for 90 minutes? So many people are addicted to social media. If I'm gonna use my phone I wait until half time but even then I can never get a signal in Ibrox. The club should install jammers and only allow 999 to be called but then you'd have people breaking down and going bananas because they can't post a fucking selfie to instagram or something stupid. 

I also agree with these characters who don't turn up to about 15 minutes into a game and then leave at 75-85 minutes. If you're genuinely late or have to leave then fair enough but not because you want to have another pint or catch the subway. I always turn up early so I can watch the players warm up and leave at final whistle. Of course I can't tell people what to do with the money they spend but what's the point in turning up if you're gonna miss the start/end of the game or spent the game with your eyeballs glued to your phone? 

He says as he lies in his bed on his phone as the wains wreck the house and eat easter eggs for breakfast.

14 minutes ago, FSM said:

Hate when people cheer goals at games, wish they would just clap and nod appreciatively without the need for all the noise and the fist pumping.

I actually don't like when people clap, it happened before and the moving hands nearly knocked my phone out my hand.