Legoeater suspended for Old Firm

G.E.C.

22 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Apologies if this has been answered, but I'm not going through 14 pages. :lol:

Am I right in thinking that Brown won't miss the semi-final on Sunday, but will be suspended for the Old Firm game at Ibrox the following weekend?

He'll be playing at the semi final since the hearing isn't until the 27th (4 days after the semi)

Red card will likely stand so he'll be suspended for the league game at Ibrox. 

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Apologies if this has been answered, but I'm not going through 14 pages. :lol:

Am I right in thinking that Brown won't miss the semi-final on Sunday, but will be suspended for the Old Firm game at Ibrox the following weekend?

Yep.

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

He'll be playing at the semi final since the hearing isn't until the 27th (4 days after the semi)

Red card will likely stand so he'll be suspended for the league game at Ibrox. 

Apparently he's one booking away from a suspension aswell so if his red is reduced to a yellow he'll still miss Ibrox. 

According to a tarrier in my work anyway. 

Wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if it's downgraded to a yellow given those in the media's views who think it wasn't a sending off, There is no doubt the unwashed will base their appeal on the same that they thought it was worthy of a yellow and will cite other incidents from other games which received a yellow for a similar tackle.

If it's downgraded to a yellow Brown will then go over the points threshold and his ban won't come into affect until two weeks later, Which means he will be able to play in the game at Ibrox.

I can also recall Miller getting sent off in a midweek game(Wednesday) and Rangers put the appeal in on the Thursday and it was thrown out the same day which meant he couldn't play in the Hogmany game against Celtc.

It's quite hard to believe that the SFA have a list of around 100 people who they claim they pick at random to sit on these appeal panels, Then look at a video clip that lasts about 10 seconds and determine if the red still stands, It makes a total mockery of the fast track system.

Regan has also previously stated that they count a Saturday as part of the working week, That means it's a clear 5 days and the appeal should have been heard this week.

The fast track system was put in place to prevent clubs from abusing it basing their appeals on nothing more than simply taking advantage of it and the SFA are letting them abuse it.

In the case of Miller they knew Rangers were simply trying to play for time to allow him to play and the reason why they dealt with it the same day the appeal was put in and threw it out.. Celtc are doing the exact same thing Rangers did and the SFA know this but use the excuse of a public holiday as to how they can't deal with it even knowing they are cheating the system and gaining an advantage for nothing more than to make sure Brown plays.. Same scenario as Miller but a completely different way it was dealt with.

If also Brown's red card is downgraded to a yellow it means they are admitting the referee got it wrong and will merely increase the masonic referee shite, The referee decision should be final as the tackle was well worthy of a red card and if they lose the appeal then Brown should get a larger ban.

The SFA once uttered the words "Sporting integrity"  Perhaps they would be best served looking at that again. 

23 minutes ago, MuirhouseBear said:

Apparently he's one booking away from a suspension aswell so if his red is reduced to a yellow he'll still miss Ibrox. 

According to a tarrier in my work anyway. 

If it's downgraded to a yellow he's over the points threshold and his ban wouldn't kick in till after the Rangers game at Ibrox.

4 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if it's downgraded to a yellow given those in the media's views who think it wasn't a sending off, There is no doubt the unwashed will base their appeal on the same that they thought it was worthy of a yellow and will cite other incidents from other games which received a yellow for a similar tackle.

If it's downgraded to a yellow Brown will then go over the points threshold and his ban won't come into affect until two weeks later, Which means he will be able to play in the game at Ibrox.

I can also recall Miller getting sent off in a midweek game(Wednesday) and Rangers put the appeal in on the Thursday and it was thrown out the same day which meant he couldn't play in the Hogmany game against Celtc.

It's quite hard to believe that the SFA have a list of around 100 people who they claim they pick at random to sit on these appeal panels, Then look at a video clip that lasts about 10 seconds and determine if the red still stands, It makes a total mockery of the fast track system.

Regan has also previously stated that they count a Saturday as part of the working week, That means it's a clear 5 days and the appeal should have been heard this week.

The fast track system was put in place to prevent clubs from abusing it basing their appeals on nothing more than simply taking advantage of it and the SFA are letting them abuse it.

In the case of Miller they knew Rangers were simply trying to play for time to allow him to play and the reason why they dealt with it the same day the appeal was put in and threw it out.. Celtc are doing the exact same thing Rangers did and the SFA know this but use the excuse of a public holiday as to how they can't deal with it even knowing they are cheating the system and gaining an advantage for nothing more than to make sure Brown plays.. Same scenario as Miller but a completely different way it was dealt with.

If also Brown's red card is downgraded to a yellow it means they are admitting the referee got it wrong and will merely increase the masonic referee shite, The referee decision should be final as the tackle was well worthy of a red card and if they lose the appeal then Brown should get a larger ban.

The SFA once uttered the words "Sporting integrity"  Perhaps they would be best served looking at that again. 

Fantastic post mate . You are right with your research .

Shambolic but I will throw in my usual corruption viewpoint These bastards are running the game . It would just take a few words from Kenny at his next presser, to let Scottish football know what is clearly going on at the top .

11 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Having only seen the highlights, I wonder if the referee has put in his report that it was not just the tackle, but retaliation for the foul on Brown by Boyce seconds earlier ( which the ref dealt with by a yellow ). If so then any appeal has less chance of being successful or should have.

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Fantastic post mate . You are right with your research .

Shambolic but I will throw in my usual corruption viewpoint These bastards are running the game . It would just take a few words from Kenny at his next presser, to let Scottish football know what is clearly going on at the top .

Nah the Presser Review Committee don't get Bank Holidays and as such would be assembled within 24 hours.

If Miller did this week's presser he'd get a ban on Sunday for telling the truth ?....?