Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SkylineBlue

*** Official NBA thread ***

Recommended Posts

I know we had an NBA thread a while ago, but I couldn't see it after some surface digging and I'm too lazy to spend any further time searching for it, so thought I'd start a new one. Who have you got coming out from each conference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon we'll see a rematch of last years finals but before that happens we should get some great games too.

I expect the Raptors to play Cavs in the quarter finals and Cavs to get through them.

Warriors to play the winner of Rockets/Spurs (personally like to see the Rockets make it past Spurs) in the semi finals and Warriors to get through them setting up the rematch of last year!

Cavs and Warriors hate each other too so I'm looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I reckon we'll see a rematch of last years finals but before that happens we should get some great games too.

I expect the Raptors to play Cavs in the quarter finals and Cavs to get through them.

Warriors to play the winner of Rockets/Spurs (personally like to see the Rockets make it past Spurs) in the semi finals and Warriors to get through them setting up the rematch of last year!

Cavs and Warriors hate each other too so I'm looking forward to it!

 

I think you're probably right, however, I have bet on a Toronto/Warriors final as I was getting 14/1 which is not bad odds considering how poor the Cavs defence has been. If there's a team in that conference that's going to stop the Cavs offense though it's the Raptors with Valincunis and Tucker. I had a wee gut feeling that Boston would maybe make it to the finals, but I doubt that now after what happened to Isaiah Thomas' sister. There are some really good match ups in this round, so I think it's going to be pretty good overall!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I think you're probably right, however, I have bet on a Toronto/Warriors final as I was getting 14/1 which is not bad odds considering how poor the Cavs defence has been. If there's a team in that conference that's going to stop the Cavs offense though it's the Raptors with Valincunis and Tucker. I had a wee gut feeling that Boston would maybe make it to the finals, but I doubt that now after what happened to Isaiah Thomas' sister. There are some really good match ups in this round, so I think it's going to be pretty good overall!

Have to agree with you, if there's a team Cavs will lose to outwith the Warriors it's got to be the Raptors!

Just a shame about the time difference in America. Makes it quite difficult to watch all the games live in full with work without recording them and catching up the next day etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who have you all got as the MVP? Last night's game sort of illustrated the while Harden/ Westbrook season. Westbrook is an undeniable monster who is breaking all sorts of records, but his usage isn't always great and his turnovers are pretty high. There's a strong case that he's not elevating his team. On the other hand, Harden is putting up good numbers, not phenomenal ones, but is elevating his team whonare ultimately 2 up in the series, and isn't that what ultimately matters? You don't win a ring by only breaking individual records. It's a tough one this year, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2017 at 0:22 PM, SkylineBlue said:

Who have you all got as the MVP? Last night's game sort of illustrated the while Harden/ Westbrook season. Westbrook is an undeniable monster who is breaking all sorts of records, but his usage isn't always great and his turnovers are pretty high. There's a strong case that he's not elevating his team. On the other hand, Harden is putting up good numbers, not phenomenal ones, but is elevating his team whonare ultimately 2 up in the series, and isn't that what ultimately matters? You don't win a ring by only breaking individual records. It's a tough one this year, I think.

Harden seems to impact more, but I've been loving watching Westbrook this season!

I wouldn't be too fussy if either gets it because both have their merits as you've quite rightly pointed out.

 

I'd be asking what the fuck if they give it to Curry mind you :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game 7 Clippers vs Jazz on Bt Sport 1 just now should be a close one but can see the Warriors sweeping whoever wins in the next round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

excited for tonight. Cant see past the warriors. i think they'll win it in 4 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warriors come out to playyyyyy

Got to be there ring again, Durant and curry in the same team :crywank:

Hope bron bron chokes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never liked LeBron but I kinda want him to ruin it for Durant :lol:

I don't care how petty that is.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preety confident on this. Curry usually doesn't even play in the 4th because its usually a blow out by that point lol. But tonight he should see a lot of minutes.

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 19.36.58.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-1 at 6:05 PM, JamieD said:

I have never liked LeBron but I kinda want him to ruin it for Durant :lol:

I don't care how petty that is.
 

 

So much for that then :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought the Cavs had it last night then KD just strolled down the court as smooth as anything and sinks a 3 pointer, feel sorry for the Cavs as this Warriors team is just to good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Thought the Cavs had it last night then KD just strolled down the court as smooth as anything and sinks a 3 pointer, feel sorry for the Cavs as this Warriors team is just to good.

Fuck the Cavs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite fancy sticking some on the total 1st quarter points being over 59.5 (odds are 10/11) :hmmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

First team ever to completely white wash the playoffs? 

They'll be the 9th if they do it.

The Warriors have actually managed it before too, in 74-75.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

They'll be the 9th if they do it.

The Warriors have actually managed it before too, in 74-75.

ehh no they didn't. this warriors would have been the first. lakers went 15-1 back in 2001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cammy. Watp. said:

ehh no they didn't. this warriors would have been the first. lakers went 15-1 back in 2001

I thought he meant just the finals - I never noticed until now he actually wrote "playoffs" :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cavs were fucking lit last night. Kyrie Irving, damn son. :bow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warriors gonna blow a 3-0 lead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EMRFC said:

Warriors gonna blow a 3-0 lead. 

every tweet reply from now till the end of time on american twitter sports pages will be about this if they blow it again lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to see Orlando Magics last week at the Amway Center

Unfortunately they lost to the Boston scum but it was a great evening out.

All sorts of weird stuff during breaks including a dog that done tricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×