NBA

Bit of a shakeup in the east with the last minute trades, Toronto get Marc Gasol, Milwaukee got Mirotic and IMO have become clear favourites to come out of the East but the 76ers also traded for Tobias Harris which makes there core very strong.

Lakers moved Beasley and Zubac on to the clippers for Mike Muscala who had only just joined them a day or two before.

• 1 month later...

So the Lakers are shite, we shut down LeBron and we have loads of expiring contracts with nobody quite sure what we're going to do in the summer given no supermax FA seems interested in coming to us

Meanwhile, GOATbrook at it again last night:

Absolute boss man shit. I can't speak highly enough about Russell Westbrook. This guy is an absolute hero, and I'm not even an OKC fan. In fact, I dislike PG13 after he turned us down to resign there. But Russ is awesome. 

Must be shite being a lakers fan. Just when you things can't get much worse, L36ron turns up and turns you into an even bigger laughing stock and media circus than anyone thought possible. 

Looking forward to the summer where hopefully all the top free agents dodge the team and specifically L36ron like the plague.

19 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

Must be shite being a lakers fan. Just when you things can't get much worse, L36ron turns up and turns you into an even bigger laughing stock and media circus than anyone thought possible. 

Looking forward to the summer where hopefully all the top free agents dodge the team and specifically L36ron like the plague.

Lol

Aren't you a warriors fan? Kinda funny hearing fans of other tinpot teams have a go at the Lakers 

Maybe in the next 70 years you will have won 6 more championships?

If we don't sign a max FA we'll sign Boogie Cousins IMO. Trade Lonzo for a half decent PG and we have the makings of a real good team

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Lol

Aren't you a warriors fan? Kinda funny hearing fans of other tinpot teams have a go at the Lakers 

Maybe in the next 70 years you will have won 6 more championships?

If we don't sign a max FA we'll sign Boogie Cousins IMO. Trade Lonzo for a half decent PG and we have the makings of a real good team

Im not an anyone fan. I just like basketball but the disaster surrounding LeBron this season has been hilarious. 

And as for your trade thoughts, do you not think if KD leaves the Warriors there's a good chance Boogie will get a big offer to stay there? And whose going to swap a decent PG for Ball. He's been pretty close to a bust so far, is coming off an injury and is a major distraction with his off court shite. 

I think it could be a very dissapointing summer and another year of scraping for the playoffs next year. Of course I could be totally wrong and there's always AD as a free agent the following year. It's just whether LeBron might be past his best by that point and yet again they would be left with only 1 star to try and compete with some "super teams". 

It'll certainly make for an exciting off season this year though, the amount of big stars possibly on the move is crazy!! 

23 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Im not an anyone fan. I just like basketball but the disaster surrounding LeBron this season has been hilarious. 

And as for your trade thoughts, do you not think if KD leaves the Warriors there's a good chance Boogie will get a big offer to stay there? And whose going to swap a decent PG for Ball. He's been pretty close to a bust so far, is coming off an injury and is a major distraction with his off court shite. 

I think it could be a very dissapointing summer and another year of scraping for the playoffs next year. Of course I could be totally wrong and there's always AD as a free agent the following year. It's just whether LeBron might be past his best by that point and yet again they would be left with only 1 star to try and compete with some "super teams". 

It'll certainly make for an exciting off season this year though, the amount of big stars possibly on the move is crazy!! 

even if KD leaves GSW can't offer Boogie a supermax due to cap space AFAIK. They can offer him a 1 year $28m max and then persuade him they'll resign him to a supermax in a year's time but as we have seen with KD that can leave the team a little unsettled. Plus given he already accepted a very low contract this year so he could rehabilitate and pick up a ring, I doubt he'd want to do it a 2nd year in a row

We'll first and foremost make a big run at guys like Kyrie, Klay and even Kawhi. Out of those, Kawhi is the least likely to come to the Lakers. Klay has history with LAL. He's local. He grew up supporting the Lakers. His dad is a Lakers legend. Kyrie is a conundrum. I'd love to have him but he's such an eccentric personality I'm not sure how he'd cope. He has coped pretty badly so far at the Celtics plus if the Celtics go big on Anthony Davis he'd probably stick it out for 1 more year there to see how it goes IMO

If we don't get any of those guys we'll go after Boogie and offer him a max contract. I think there's only about 3 teams in the league who can realistically entice him / offer that. 

Finally, if the above falls into place we suddenly have a much stronger base to negotiate from in the trade market. We might package him into another trade proposition for Anthony Davis or we might put a few players and picks together for someone like Eric Bledsoe who wouldn't cost a lot but is an immediate upgrade on Lonzo plus brings some physicality and experience to the back-court for us

6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I'd also fucking piss my pants if we won a top 3 draft pick in the lottery it would piss off the entire NBA :lol:

Zion Williamson, Ja Morant or RJ Barrett?? Yes please

As it stands I think we're likely to land 10th in the lottery which would open up options like Cameron Reddish

It is NY Knicks time for good draft pick and then we will most probable pick wrong player again. I only hope KD come to us next season or Kyrie Irving.

19 hours ago, denya said:

It is NY Knicks time for good draft pick and then we will most probable pick wrong player again. I only hope KD come to us next season or Kyrie Irving.

Haha well tbf Porzingis was the right pick but they did fuck all to build a team around him 

They have a 2nd chance now. Likely to land in the top 3 picks and if they can bring in KD and 1 other elite free agent then you'd have to say they will be challengers 

The Lakers seem like a rudderless ship just now with no clue what there doing this summer, report came out last week from an anonymous scout absolutely slating Magic basically saying he has destroyed the team. I think the Lakers get someone like Kemba Walker in FA, all star level player but not a superstar and Lonzo has started to distance himself from his father Lavar with the disbanding/shutting down of BBB, supposedly Lebron has reached out and become a lot closer to Lonzo since that happened so I can see Lonzo being kept.

Playoffs starting on Saturday with basically no match-up's set in concrete yet, think the Bucks could potentially do it as the Warriors will likely make it through but I see the West being a bit of a slogg for them with the potential to get took 7 games in both the WCSF and WCF.

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

The Lakers seem like a rudderless ship just now with no clue what there doing this summer, report came out last week from an anonymous scout absolutely slating Magic basically saying he has destroyed the team. I think the Lakers get someone like Kemba Walker in FA, all star level player but not a superstar and Lonzo has started to distance himself from his father Lavar with the disbanding/shutting down of BBB, supposedly Lebron has reached out and become a lot closer to Lonzo since that happened so I can see Lonzo being kept.

Playoffs starting on Saturday with basically no match-up's set in concrete yet, think the Bucks could potentially do it as the Warriors will likely make it through but I see the West being a bit of a slogg for them with the potential to get took 7 games in both the WCSF and WCF.

rumours that we're favourites for Jimmy Butler

I'd take him if none of the other elite players are on the cards tbh. He's a good 2 way player and can fit into a system where he sees less of the ball. We've got LeBron, Lonzo and Brandon Ingram who are all ball handlers so do need someone who can fit in if we're keeping ahold of Lonzo and BI. On the flipside, if someone like Kyrie comes in then it's an absolute certainty we'll be putting a trade together for someone (maybe AD again)

55 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

BUT as we all know Butler comes with his huge amounts of baggage the guy is absolutely mental and I'm not sure Luke Walton has the personality to keep him in check

Butler needs someone like Pop at the Spurs or Mike Malone IMO

Butler is a big risk. Too much risk for Lakers. I dont think he will be good option for a team like Lakers with a young team, can maybe disturb the team, is best Lakers still try for Davis. If I was Lakers fan I would want this. I would not want Butler in the Knicks and prefer we try for KD or Kyrie, but we probable get Butler and Lakers get Kyrie :duh:

6 hours ago, psb07158 said:

BUT as we all know Butler comes with his huge amounts of baggage the guy is absolutely mental and I'm not sure Luke Walton has the personality to keep him in check

Butler needs someone like Pop at the Spurs or Mike Malone IMO

Don't see Walton being there by tip-off next year, the big problem is they don't have any shooting ability from the perimiter. One of there best shooters from 3 is Lebron who has been historically poor from there and for me Butler won't solve that.

On 10/04/2019 at 09:33, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Just woke up to the news that Magic Johnson has stepped down from.the Lakers, don't know if he will go to another role for them or is totally done with them.

guy's done

overall it's a good thing he has gone but I have a slight sour taste in the mouth about the way he has gone

Magic is a LAL legend. He got us into this huge mess we're in right now I expected him to stick around, make the difficult decisions like sack Walton and fix it

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

guy's done

overall it's a good thing he has gone but I have a slight sour taste in the mouth about the way he has gone

Magic is a LAL legend. He got us into this huge mess we're in right now I expected him to stick around, make the difficult decisions like sack Walton and fix it

Some analysts are claiming Magic wanted Luke Walton gone at the all-star break but Jeanie Buss didn't want to give Magic that power. 

A chance now to get someone in suited to the role as by all accounts Magic couldn't do the role he was giving as he didn't have enough time/commitment to the role, and hopefully it's the last we hear of the Lakers until the summer hits but I somehow doubt that :lol:

The reason for LeBron in LA is because of Magic. Maybe if not for him then LeBron is not in LA. I just think LA have many problems much the same as my team NYK. What is you guys prediction for the playoff games?

7 minutes ago, denya said:

The reason for LeBron in LA is because of Magic. Maybe if not for him then LeBron is not in LA. I just think LA have many problems much the same as my team NYK. What is you guys prediction for the playoff games?

West finals:

Warriors v Nuggets - Warriors to win 

East finals:

Bucks v Raptors - Bucks to win

NBA finals:

Warriors v Bucks

Heart says Bucks in 7, head says Warriors in 7 - pretty confident it will go to a game 7.