NBA

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Lakers play Thunder again tonight. 

Is this the same as the way Northern Ireland play San Marino every month?

God knows how they actually plan the games, Im sure teams in different conferences only play each other twice in the season but they can have those 2 games in 1 week then never play each other again.

58 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

God knows how they actually plan the games, Im sure teams in different conferences only play each other twice in the season but they can have those 2 games in 1 week then never play each other again.

Yeah I’m new to this so I’m still trying to even work out how the whole conference thing works :lol: 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Yeah I’m new to this so I’m still trying to even work out how the whole conference thing works :lol: 

I always liked basketball but never watched it unless the Finals were on, I only started properly watching myself last season and I have a vague idea how things work but most of it im still clueless :lol:

Seen the Lakers have traded for Isiah Thomas, if he can rediscover the form he was in for Boston last year I would give the Lakers an outside chance of making the playoffs giving there recent form as well.

32 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Lakers won again.

@psb07158 I’m a good luck charm mate 

We're 12-4 in the last 16 games :lol:. It's the first time since 2012 that we've won 8 home games on the trot. Unreal.

Also did you see our trades yesterday? We did pretty well - got Isaiah Thomas & Channing Frye which strengthens our secondary roster (i.e. our bench) and a 1st round draft pick for the summer - plus freeing up enough space for 2 max contracts in 2018 and 2019. Basically meaning we can fucking go BIG in the summer and go after guys like LeBron and Paul George in 2018 or guys like Klay Thompson and Kawhi Leonard in 2019. 

On 9/2/2018 at 15:40, psb07158 said:

We're 12-4 in the last 16 games :lol:. It's the first time since 2012 that we've won 8 home games on the trot. Unreal.

Also did you see our trades yesterday? We did pretty well - got Isaiah Thomas & Channing Frye which strengthens our secondary roster (i.e. our bench) and a 1st round draft pick for the summer - plus freeing up enough space for 2 max contracts in 2018 and 2019. Basically meaning we can fucking go BIG in the summer and go after guys like LeBron and Paul George in 2018 or guys like Klay Thompson and Kawhi Leonard in 2019. 

I’ve not got much of a clue about what you’re telling me here atm mate but everyday is a school day for me regarding basketball now. 

Surprised how well ive taken to it. Up until now I haven’t taken to any American sports really 

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve not got much of a clue about what you’re telling me here atm mate but everyday is a school day for me regarding basketball now. 

Surprised how well ive taken to it. Up until now I haven’t taken to any American sports really 

:lol: fair enough. I've been watching for a few years now mate and I still don't understand some things in the sport like the fouls and when some Americans get too detailed on tactical analysis so you're not alone. 

Basketball is easy to get into IMO because it's really fast-paced

On 08/02/2018 at 20:11, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I always liked basketball but never watched it unless the Finals were on, I only started properly watching myself last season and I have a vague idea how things work but most of it im still clueless :lol:

Seen the Lakers have traded for Isiah Thomas, if he can rediscover the form he was in for Boston last year I would give the Lakers an outside chance of making the playoffs giving there recent form as well.

Isaiah Thomas is a great scorer but he’s absolutely awful at defending. Why teams are so easy to be rid of him.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Isaiah Thomas is a great scorer but he’s absolutely awful at defending. Why teams are so easy to be rid of him.

Yeah his defence is shit his height doesnt help either watched his last game for the cavs and the timberwolves just kept rotating Butler and Towns onto him so it was basically a free shot for them.

51 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Bottled the 4th quarter. Cunts

They are a thorn in my side with betting, i would have missed the spread anyway as it was -10 the timberwolfs. 

Whats up with them why are they so inconsistant? One week pull off a great result the next week crumble, bizzare

58 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

They are a thorn in my side with betting, i would have missed the spread anyway as it was -10 the timberwolfs. 

Whats up with them why are they so inconsistant? One week pull off a great result the next week crumble, bizzare

Very young team and very young coach mate (in NBA terms), still trying to find our feet. Always going to get this kind of pattern - in the summer when we go big in free agency we'll be able to bring in 1 or 2 superstars in the league, who should be able to provide experience, quality and consistency. 

16 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I'm a New Orleans fan, things were going ok but now Cousins is out I can't see the playoffs. They need rid of Demps and Gentry for anything to happen though or Davis will leave.

Davis had a monster night against the LAL the other night. We couldn't handle him. Has he shown any great desire to leave though? Always thought he was happy being the face of the franchise 

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Davis had a monster night against the LAL the other night. We couldn't handle him. Has he shown any great desire to leave though? Always thought he was happy being the face of the franchise 

No, but I can't see him staying when his contract ends in a few years the way things are going. Constantly 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Cousins I thought would be the answer but achilles injuries tend to ruin careers in the NBA. Especially a big man like him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Giving this a bump since the playoffs are only a couple of weeks away whos everybody taking to get to the finals ? Hard to see the Warriors not being there again but if Houston can keep playing the way they have plus stay healthy then it should be a straight shootout between those 2 in the western finals and whoever wins that I think goes on and wins the whole thing.

Eastern conference is nowhere near as strong as the west but some interesting teams there, the Cavs are the Cavs and have Lebron so hard to envisage them not at least making the conference finals but the Raptors have looked solid this year and have the number 1 seed and if the 76ers get Embiid back there a potential dark horse for me.

Personally I would like to see the Thunder do it but I cant see it especially without Roberson who is absolutely key to there defense.

• 2 weeks later...