NBA

5 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

What a feeble and shite performance from the Cavs, lay down and accepted there fate basically.

Interesting off season with Lebron most likely on the move along with Paul George and others.

It's been like there whole season. Bottled the 2 half. They have been in touching distance a lot of the time but just can't maintain it. 

Le Bron shat it after game 1. He gave up, he is meant to inspire the team but didn't want anything to do with them. Although he is meant to of played with a broken hand. 

30 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

It's been like there whole season. Bottled the 2 half. They have been in touching distance a lot of the time but just can't maintain it. 

Le Bron shat it after game 1. He gave up, he is meant to inspire the team but didn't want anything to do with them. Although he is meant to of played with a broken hand. 

I agree with you on both points but you would think they would put up more of a fight regardless.

They could have won game 3 if Lebron was fully focused IMO but you could tell when he went to the bench at the end of the game he was totally defeated.

56 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I agree with you on both points but you would think they would put up more of a fight regardless.

They could have won game 3 if Lebron was fully focused IMO but you could tell when he went to the bench at the end of the game he was totally defeated.

Definitely, Smith killed them off game 1. I think after that Le Bron gave up and his stats showed it. If he hadn't given up it would of been a possible 6 game series. 

Least it has delayed the goat argument for a year. Least Jordan didn't give up :whistle:

16 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

Definitely, Smith killed them off game 1. I think after that Le Bron gave up and his stats showed it. If he hadn't given up it would of been a possible 6 game series. 

Least it has delayed the goat argument for a year. Least Jordan didn't give up :whistle:

Tbf to Lebron I would have chucked it well before then he single handedly dragged them there then nearly dragged them to the unlikeliest of victories on the road only for his teammate to go and fuck it all up with one play.

Jordan never tasted defeat either but did he play with such a shit supporting cast ? Genuine question as i have never seen much of Jordan except a couple of Youtube videos he was before my time.

On 15/06/2018 at 22:57, psb07158 said:

I’d fucking walk over broken glass to see LeBron, Kawhi Leonard and PG13 in the purple and gold next season 

Its looking more likely now supposedly he met with Popovich yesterday even though they had a "good" conversation he still wants out and will tell any team that trys to trade for him he won't be re-signing in 2019 when he becomes a free agent and can go to LA.

• 2 weeks later...

Rondo signed with the Lakers as well as Lance Stephenson and Javale Mcgee.

Not sure I like Rondo on this Laker team especially if Lonzo is still around and his shots still as bad last year, they can't shoot from 3 and Lebron needs shooters around him to be fully effective.

At least the off season has finally got interesting, just another few months until it all starts again really look forward to seeing what the Lakers do now, also opens the East up a bit and there will deinetly be a different team in the finals other than the Cavs who I dont even see making the playoffs now 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

That was a trade. This is free agency. 

I'm not talking about the semantics of the veto, but the principles upon which it was done, which was that to allow CP3 to join the Lakers at that time would have meant that no other team in the NBA could realistically challenge for the title (the league's opinion, not mine) and therefore something needed to be done. 

I'm not sure what's changed. We subsequently saw the Heat build a superteam and now the Warriors with no public comment or critique of that. The league can change the salary cap if they want, which would restrict a team's ability to build a superteam. 

Not sure what the point in playing is next season for pretty much every franchise out there. Rockets can't compete with that.

30 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm not talking about the semantics of the veto, but the principles upon which it was done, which was that to allow CP3 to join the Lakers at that time would have meant that no other team in the NBA could realistically challenge for the title (the league's opinion, not mine) and therefore something needed to be done. 

I'm not sure what's changed. We subsequently saw the Heat build a superteam and now the Warriors with no public comment or critique of that. The league can change the salary cap if they want, which would restrict a team's ability to build a superteam. 

Not sure what the point in playing is next season for pretty much every franchise out there. Rockets can't compete with that.

Them changing the salary cap wouldnt do much to stop this as Cousins has only took 5million for the year, obviously his Injury played a big part in his value and even the Warriors went into negotiations half-hearted because they didn't think he would bother because they could't offer him what he might feel he is worth but they have got there man.

I do agree though that its funny nothing has been said about this but CP3s move got blocked.

2 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Them changing the salary cap wouldnt do much to stop this as Cousins has only took 5million for the year, obviously his Injury played a big part in his value and even the Warriors went into negotiations half-hearted because they didn't think he would bother because they could't offer him what he might feel he is worth but they have got there man.

I do agree though that its funny nothing has been said about this but CP3s move got blocked.

Plenty has been said, everyone but Warriors fans are up in arms about it. But nothing can be done because Boogie was a free agent, free to go wherever he wanted. He's said he didn't recieve a single offer from elsewhere so the other teams, especially those with cap space have no one to blame but themselves. 

Rightly or wrongly the NBA blocked the cp3 trade because they could, had he been a free agent at the time it might have been a different story. 

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Tough luck for everyone else then. They aren't doing their jobs as well as the Warriors, that's not the Warriors fault. If people expected them to sit on their arses and wait for other teams to catch them they are sorely mistaken. Infact they wouldn't be doing their jobs properly if they weren't trying to improve their roster at every opportunity.