Jump to content
SkylineBlue

*** Official NBA thread ***

Recommended Posts

Kawhi Leonard traded to the Raptors along with Danny Green in return for DeRozan, Poeltl and a protected 1st round pick in 2019. 

This coming hours after Leonard claimed he didn’t want to play for the Raptors apparently :lol: . 

Basketball wise, he’s a bit mad for not willing to give the Raptors a shot. A good city, strong fan base, no LeBron in the East to put them out anymore - they could go for a deep play-off run 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like DeRozan was told just last week at the NBA Summer League that he wouldn’t be traded so he’s pretty pissed off with the Raptors. He could have left in 2016 and opted to stay with them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2018 at 17:32, psb07158 said:

It sounds like DeRozan was told just last week at the NBA Summer League that he wouldn’t be traded so he’s pretty pissed off with the Raptors. He could have left in 2016 and opted to stay with them 

Can understand why he was pissed off but its a win win for everybody involved, Toronto got a better and upgraded player than DeRozan and if Kawhi leaves next summer they can start a proper rebuild as Lowry and other contracts are up as well next summer, the Spurs get rid of a player who didn't want to play for them for an all-star which was about the best they could hope for.

Bt pulled out of the bidding for the rights to the NBA, they'll show it until the end of October supposedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye shite news on BT @SuperLeeMcCulloch. Everyone seems to think Eleven Sports will pick it up now 

Seems the likely outcome with them picking up UFC as well, its accessible enough with the internet now anyway but it was good having it on BT especially during the playoffs and finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Can understand why he was pissed off but its a win win for everybody involved, Toronto got a better and upgraded player than DeRozan and if Kawhi leaves next summer they can start a proper rebuild as Lowry and other contracts are up as well next summer, the Spurs get rid of a player who didn't want to play for them for an all-star which was about the best they could hope for.

Bt pulled out of the bidding for the rights to the NBA, they'll show it until the end of October supposedly.

For fuck sake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Butler has requested a trade from Minnesota, preffered destinations are supposedly the Clippers, Knicks or the Nets.

Hope he ends up at the Knicks and they still have enough left to go after a big free agent next summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked tickets for the NY Knicks v Chicago Bulls in November at Madison Square Garden, absolutely buzzing! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lakers are so fun to watch

We'll make the play-offs this year and will have a lot of fun doing so but ultimately we're quite a way short of where we need to be to challenge Houston & Golden State out in the West

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The Lakers are so fun to watch

We'll make the play-offs this year and will have a lot of fun doing so but ultimately we're quite a way short of where we need to be to challenge Houston & Golden State out in the West

not when your waiting on them -3 n they saunter deep into the third with an 18 point lead

then lose by 3

ps I'll never forgive kobe for fucking me for 197 quid on his last game. 56 points lol fucking fixed 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

not when your waiting on them -3 n they saunter deep into the third with an 18 point lead

then lose by 3

ps I'll never forgive kobe for fucking me for 197 quid on his last game. 56 points lol fucking fixed 

😂😂

you're doing a disservice here mate...it was 60 points in his last game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

😂😂

you're doing a disservice here mate...it was 60 points in his last game 

whatever it fucking was it was fixed to fuck!!!

tbh man if there was a superstar I'd want my coupon busted off of, kobe would be the man I'd like to do it.

what a team the Lakers have this year man, but I'm sticking with my warriors or as an outfield bet, the Raptors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

whatever it fucking was it was fixed to fuck!!!

tbh man if there was a superstar I'd want my coupon busted off of, kobe would be the man I'd like to do it.

what a team the Lakers have this year man, but I'm sticking with my warriors or as an outfield bet, the Raptors. 

our defence is so suspect though man. giving away far too many easy points but when you have LeBron James in the team, some experienced guys who have been around the block + a whole load of some of the best young talent in the league (Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart) then you've always got a chance

I think that next year when we can sign another superstar on a max contract we'll be ready to challenge. we've given a lot of guys 1 year deals because we want to sign the 2nd superstar and build out around LeBron and that guy next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost time for another NBA season lads!! Lakers have been so much fun to watch in pre-season fingers crossed it continues into the regular season. Brandon Ingram can become a top-5 player in the league 100%. What a talent

Double Clutch UK have pulled together their annual NBA preview:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Almost time for another NBA season lads!! Lakers have been so much fun to watch in pre-season fingers crossed it continues into the regular season. Brandon Ingram can become a top-5 player in the league 100%. What a talent

Double Clutch UK have pulled together their annual NBA preview:

 

Only seen bits & bobs of pre season but the Lakers look decent without mich defence but that could easily change as for all of Lonzo's negative points I think he is a superb defender, Ingram obviously has the talent and the reach on his lanky ass limbs make him a difficult prospect for whoever he guards, Lebron we know won't play much defense until the playoffs at the earliest but I don't see him using as much of the ball and playing without it a lot more so maybe he will be a lot fresher during the regular season unlike the last 2 were he played virtually every minute.

I'm really interested as well to see what happens in the east, Boston, Toronto and Philadelphia are the obvious stand outs but after that there's a few interesting storys and for some reason I think Brooklyn will have a decent season and sneak a playoff spot, don't really know why I think this but just got a feeling about them 😂

Sky Sports picked up the rights for the NBA for the next 4 years as well so at least they have done something correct for once and we have somewhere to watch the season, really looking forward to it now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Only seen bits & bobs of pre season but the Lakers look decent without mich defence but that could easily change as for all of Lonzo's negative points I think he is a superb defender, Ingram obviously has the talent and the reach on his lanky ass limbs make him a difficult prospect for whoever he guards, Lebron we know won't play much defense until the playoffs at the earliest but I don't see him using as much of the ball and playing without it a lot more so maybe he will be a lot fresher during the regular season unlike the last 2 were he played virtually every minute.

I'm really interested as well to see what happens in the east, Boston, Toronto and Philadelphia are the obvious stand outs but after that there's a few interesting storys and for some reason I think Brooklyn will have a decent season and sneak a playoff spot, don't really know why I think this but just got a feeling about them 😂

Sky Sports picked up the rights for the NBA for the next 4 years as well so at least they have done something correct for once and we have somewhere to watch the season, really looking forward to it now.

If Ben Simmons can somehow find his range from distance the 76ers will be challenging the Celtics in the east. The Raptors obviously have Kawhi who is an all-star but the unknown is what his condition is just now. The Wizards might be in with a shout but too often when the going gets tough, Bradley Beal and John Wall go missing

I'll be happy with a play-off run this year for LAL, bring in another supermax next year (maybe KD?) and go full tilt to bring the championship home in 2019-2020!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got tickets for the Magic game vs the Pacers in Orlando. Been to a couple of Glasgow Rocks games and quite enjoyed it, so really looking forward to it. The Yanks always make a huge event over things like this  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If Ben Simmons can somehow find his range from distance the 76ers will be challenging the Celtics in the east. The Raptors obviously have Kawhi who is an all-star but the unknown is what his condition is just now. The Wizards might be in with a shout but too often when the going gets tough, Bradley Beal and John Wall go missing

I'll be happy with a play-off run this year for LAL, bring in another supermax next year (maybe KD?) and go full tilt to bring the championship home in 2019-2020!

That's the big thing for the 76ers, they have lost quite a bit of thr shooting that made them dangerous last season, be interesting to see if Fultz has developed a shot as well as the talk is he will have a lot more minutes this year.

I think the Lakers can make the conference finals if they avoid the Warriors before it, Houston as well would more than likely win in 7 games but they have also lost 2 of there standout defenders last season but improved offensively with Melo depending on what Melo you get of course. 

What's the predictions for tonight ? I might go for a 76ers and Thunder double, the 76ers game could go either way and i'm hoping the Thunder catch the Warriors cold like they were 1st game of last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

Got tickets for the Magic game vs the Pacers in Orlando. Been to a couple of Glasgow Rocks games and quite enjoyed it, so really looking forward to it. The Yanks always make a huge event over things like this  

That should be good mate, need to try get to an NBA game whenever I go over to the states.

Don't want to put a downer on it for you but the Magic have been terrible for years so don't be shocked if its not a massive event especially if its in Orlando, Pacers are a good team but and will have another solid season I exepect them to improve on last seasons playoff run and at least get to the semi finals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

That's the big thing for the 76ers, they have lost quite a bit of thr shooting that made them dangerous last season, be interesting to see if Fultz has developed a shot as well as the talk is he will have a lot more minutes this year.

I think the Lakers can make the conference finals if they avoid the Warriors before it, Houston as well would more than likely win in 7 games but they have also lost 2 of there standout defenders last season but improved offensively with Melo depending on what Melo you get of course. 

What's the predictions for tonight ? I might go for a 76ers and Thunder double, the 76ers game could go either way and i'm hoping the Thunder catch the Warriors cold like they were 1st game of last season.

I think a 76ers and Thunder double is a shout, what odds you getting? 

Warriors have looked lackadaisical in preseason I watched the games against us and they looked really slow so I think it might take them a few games to get up to speed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I think a 76ers and Thunder double is a shout, what odds you getting? 

Warriors have looked lackadaisical in preseason I watched the games against us and they looked really slow so I think it might take them a few games to get up to speed! 

20/1 on skybet I think it was, I'm sure the Thunder are 7/1 just for win.

That's my thinking as well, seen an interview with Steve Kerr as well were he basically says the same thing as you and that theyll be more reliant on there younger guys for the first few games until the starters are up to speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westbrook out for tonight and decision will be made before the game on Steven Adams, not the greatest news after sticking them on :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

That should be good mate, need to try get to an NBA game whenever I go over to the states.

Don't want to put a downer on it for you but the Magic have been terrible for years so don't be shocked if its not a massive event especially if its in Orlando, Pacers are a good team but and will have another solid season I exepect them to improve on last seasons playoff run and at least get to the semi finals.

Fair enough mate, now I know who to punt on when I'm there.

Got tickets for the Pro bowl at Citrus Bowl stadium too so really looking forward to the holiday and experiencing something completely different to the sporting experience we get in the UK 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jackg93 said:

Fair enough mate, now I know who to punt on when I'm there.

Got tickets for the Pro bowl at Citrus Bowl stadium too so really looking forward to the holiday and experiencing something completely different to the sporting experience we get in the UK 

They will hopefully improve this year as they picked Mo Bamba in the draft who was considered the best player in the draft class by some of the journos over there.

Watch the NFL now and again but I imagine the pro bowl will be a brilliant event they will pull all the stops out for that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2018 at 21:01, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Westbrook out for tonight and decision will be made before the game on Steven Adams, not the greatest news after sticking them on :lol:

Fucking shite mate!! OKC would have had them if Westbrook played IMO. 4th quarter is when he comes alive and they trailed by 3 or something going into it

Buzzing for the Lakers first game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×