NBA

8 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Excellent win for the Mavs last night @ the lakers.

Doncic has been unreal so far 

Had a poor 1st half but he exploded in the 3rd quarter, the Lakers inability/refusal to defend the 3 will bite them against better teams they need to get better in that area if they want to talk about winning the finals.

Doncic has been superb and would be my mvp so far but that's a bit biased as I have hardly seen any NBA this season and only seen highlights and box scores.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The return in a few weeks is going to be sulbime, fill your boots stuff with games from 6 at night to the best part of 4 in the morning. 

Do you think we'll actually get there? Seems to be high levels of positive tests within certain teams and a few places saying they won't play due to the current political situation.

8 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Do you think we'll actually get there? Seems to be high levels of positive tests within certain teams and a few places saying they won't play due to the current political situation.

I see teams are starting to travel and quarantine, it could turn into a total farce so my hope is maybe a false one but I am about 70/30 it will start - cash is king. 

I also think the point re BLM is a bit meh, they seem to think it coming back will take attention away from it I would have thought it was a great platform for most players to get over their message, I would imagine they will be given pretty free reign to push their own politics, always have been before really, NBA gives a decent platform to their players

Bradley pulling out from the Lakers is a big loss for us but I assume his minutes will be shared by Caruso and Rondo 

I'll be surprised if JR plays a big role but it's a decent enough pick up for us. Gives some more scoring firepower and he has actually won a recent championship playing with LeBron which can't be sniffed at 

Just hope the lengthy layoff doesn't increase the risk of injuries 

• 2 weeks later...

The scrimmage games are what they are but the first half of Lakers and Mavericks was class, LJ, AD Doncic and Porzingis just instantly looking class, it was the first game that has felt like a proper game of those I have watched 

I actually quite like what they have done with the court.  It looks pretty cool, more like a computer game and they have removed the look of an empty stadium, once they get the sounding right for the real return it could be pretty good. 

On 24/07/2020 at 10:59, Dennis Reynolds said:

The scrimmage games are what they are but the first half of Lakers and Mavericks was class, LJ, AD Doncic and Porzingis just instantly looking class, it was the first game that has felt like a proper game of those I have watched 

I actually quite like what they have done with the court.  It looks pretty cool, more like a computer game and they have removed the look of an empty stadium, once they get the sounding right for the real return it could be pretty good. 

The one thing that keeps annoying me is the music they keep playing is completely disproportionate to fan noise in real games. They need to sort it out

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Lakers still about to send them back to Denver empty-handed, in 6. 

They most likely will as they have a far better work ethic and game sense than the Clippers who are a shower of loathsome arseholes and clearly invested too much into their hype. I do though think Denver have a title in them soon if they keep that collective of Jockic, Murray, Porter Jr and Milsap together, they are a good side, should be a decent series. 

• Clemdog changed the title to NBA
2 hours ago, WizardWalters said:

Where can you watch the finals? I’d quite like to watch some of the games.

In the UK Sky Sports will be airing all 4 games (;-)) 

Otherwise, NBA League Pass or just google for NBA streams during a game, pretty easy to find them online

2 hours ago, WizardWalters said:

Where can you watch the finals? I’d quite like to watch some of the games.

Hesgoals shows them as well, watched a couple on nightshift last week. 

Buzzing for Wednesday night now got the week off so can enjoy a few of them before I start back, hope it goes the 7 games but can't see past the Lakers now. 

4 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

How you feeling mate? 

Yeh alright mate, tired AF and still can't taste or smell a thing.

Read a few stories online of folk who have recovered months ago but their sense of smell still hasn't returned. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to me fs that sounds horrendous

3 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Hesgoals shows them as well, watched a couple on nightshift last week. 

Buzzing for Wednesday night now got the week off so can enjoy a few of them before I start back, hope it goes the 7 games but can't see past the Lakers now. 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers sweep them

We could go small and push AD to the 5 who is more than a match for Bam anyway or we could go big and play Howard at the 5, AD at the 4 and bang him up that way