worcesterloyal

John Terry

111 posts in this topic

Class footballer so therefor id take him if possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's 37 this year and runs like the pitch is made of sticky toffee pudding. 

He'd be an awful signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

He's 37 this year and runs like the pitch is made of sticky toffee pudding. 

He'd be an awful signing.

Ability related you'd be crazy to knock him back, doesn't need to be pacey to play CH - he has all the footballing related attributes we currently lack.

However,  as a person I detest him 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

He's 37 this year and runs like the pitch is made of sticky toffee pudding. 

He'd be an awful signing.

I'm sure people said this about Weir when he signed.

Won't happen anyway but

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree we need another centre back for next season, but not Terry. He's too divisive a character, and he'd command big wages. 

I think Wilson & Bates have the makings of a decent partnership too, to be honest. Bates looks shaky, granted, but he's not played many senior games at any level, and Tav often leaves him stranded. I'm not suggesting that we don't reinforce the defence next season, but I don't think we need to be bringing in a big money signing in that area. (And even if we did, there has to be a cheaper option.)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2017 at 8:07 PM, worcesterloyal said:

A pipe dream but wish he would see out his career at Rangers ........What a mentor for young Bates 

He would choose the Bheasts over us any day....and they're welcome to him.

Maybe his maw would like it up here, passed about like a 2nd hand scud book between Bheast FC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure he would drop from 100k a week (or more) to 8-10k a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

I'm sure he would drop from 100k a week (or more) to 8-10k a week.

Doubt that, heard Crystal Palace were looking at him and I'm sure they can pay him a lot more than we can. Also, I would much rather see a younger centre back join us instead of a veteran nearing retirement 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had Barton.

10x more of a cunt than Terry.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're not signing John Terry for a variety of reasons and frankly we shouldn't want to.

 

This thread is needing locked. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi John, put the Chinese guidebook down, forget the tax free quarter mill per week...Rangers are on the phone and offering a one year deal at 25k with a 50% tax rate 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrys brothers a bluenose. 

Terry supported the tims to wind him up. Also quoted as saying it was a dream come true playing at the piggery in a charity match.

Add that to the fact that hes on £200k a week and the chinkies will be throwing money at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2017 at 1:52 AM, RDFM said:

We're not signing John Terry for a variety of reasons and frankly we shouldn't want to.

 

This thread is needing locked. 

Better being deleted 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 9:04 AM, Creampuff said:

He's 37 this year and runs like the pitch is made of sticky toffee pudding. 

He'd be an awful signing.

He's never had pace, he's never been remotely quick so that's irrelevant.

What made John Terry the best CB in England was his positioning, passing and reading of the game. Exactly the same as Weir.

Ferdinand, Shearer and Neville dismissed that 'slow' rubbish weeks back and they are spot on. 

He'd walk this league, he'd comfortably be the best defender in Scotland by a country mile. Just because he can't get in the Chelsea team ahead of Luiz, Cahill and Azpi who are at their peaks as footballers doesn't mean he is finished. Same pish was spouted about Weir

As for him coming here :lol: He has about 6 clubs in the EPL chasing him and US, Chinese and other Asians chucking millions at him. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we could get him we should take him. But we cant, so we wont.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

I think if we could get him we should take him. But we cant, so we wont.

Succinct, and all that needs said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the fuck would John Terry want to come here ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hes finished even for our League the last few games i seen him play he was all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earns more than our whole team a week. Can see that being a sticking point.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2017 at 4:40 PM, Aubie92 said:

I agree we need another centre back for next season, but not Terry. He's too divisive a character, and he'd command big wages. 

I think Wilson & Bates have the makings of a decent partnership too, to be honest. Bates looks shaky, granted, but he's not played many senior games at any level, and Tav often leaves him stranded. I'm not suggesting that we don't reinforce the defence next season, but I don't think we need to be bringing in a big money signing in that area. (And even if we did, there has to be a cheaper option.)

there's a reason why bates, who turns 21 in october, hasnt played many senior games yet? and its not through bad luck, its because he just doesnt have it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

best centre  half  since  woodburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be surprised if he showed up at Old Trafford. Mourinho loves and old head in his backline, especially with the guff he has there presently. No chance he's coming here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:08 AM, gersandy said:

Terrys brothers a bluenose. 

Terry supported the tims to wind him up. Also quoted as saying it was a dream come true playing at the piggery in a charity match.

Add that to the fact that hes on £200k a week and the chinkies will be throwing money at him.

Think he's made enough to not have to rely on delivering hot food mate :rofl:

 

Ok, I'll get my coat

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Hes finished even for our League the last few games i seen him play he was all over the place.

Sorry but if Clint Hill can come up here and do a job then so can John Terry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

there's a reason why bates, who turns 21 in october, hasnt played many senior games yet? and its not through bad luck, its because he just doesnt have it

Don't understand that to be honest. Hasn't looked out of place playing with us in the SPL and handled Sunday with no bother at all. Wilson was badly out of position for the first goal and Halliday should have been tracking. Bates didn't put a foot wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now