Old Hampden Picture

The first game I can remember at Hampden was the 1960 cup final against Kilmarnock which we won 2 - 0 despite Caldow missing a penalty. There was a guy behind my Dad, brother and I who kept swearing and apologising and at the end of the game gave my brother and I two bob each. I didn't realise at the time but it was about 7 years since we last won the cup.

By the way the north enclosure used to be known as the big enclosure and you only have to look at the pictures to see why.

On 4/18/2017 at 2:22 PM, tannerall said:

Here's some better perspective which shows the North Stand would have been built above the back section of terracing. 

SPW019491.jpg

hampdenpast3.jpg

And here's the completed stadium which was specially designed to ensure the tims would get an occasional wash. 

Hampden2.jpg

Great pictures thanks for posting ... now you mention it the back of the old north terracing isn't parallel with that side of the pitch 

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, bluedylan said:

i can remember a game maybe around 75 season when Rangers scored I ended up about 50 yards from my dad....his mate lost his wig!

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, Copland bear said:

My fav Rangers goal and my fav Rangers player and I was only 3 ?, I loved jaws and 4 was my favourite number winning the grand national in 1975 with L' escargot. Loved Jaws then it was No 8 Bobby Russell.

Jelavic goal against the scum was similar and at the same end, was about 10 seats from the split with the beggers when that went in but big Tam's as my da said he would have missed it had his studs were not so long ?

Even called my cat Tam :mutley:

bluedylan Da's mate lost his rug and Copland bear found it and called it Tam.:whistle:

Seriously....the 73 final will live with me forever. The crowd went up and when they came back down there was a dust cloud like nuclear fall out.

On 4/18/2017 at 7:46 PM, harlands plater said:

Considering the money spent on it a few years ago, three quarters of it hasn't changed much. A national disgrace.

It's a fucking joke.

When you look at what the Welsh have with The Millennium Stadium, Hampden just looks shite.

13 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

bluedylan Da's mate lost his rug and Copland bear found it and called it Tam.:whistle:

Seriously....the 73 final will live with me forever. The crowd went up and when they came back down there was a dust cloud like nuclear fall out.

That is one game I wish I was old enough to see. That was the end of Celtic's dominance and we were building a good team which would go on and win two trebles under Wallace.