Neil McCann back in football

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

He could've always made his desire to return to Rangers known. He didn't. No loss. He'll go back to sky with his tail between his legs like last time he tried his hand at coaching.

Such pish:lol:

You think arses in Chigaco ,who dont know how to get to Ibrox,  are  fountains of Rangers knowledge but they will only know what McCann did on 2nd of May 1999 ,through prompting.

Away you go ya walloper.:lol:

He did more in 90 mins than you will ever do for Rangers. 

Prove me wrong by having  a career like his yourself.

Fair eneugh lads i wasn't 100% sure dundee fans threatened to boycott i just remember so many fans threatening to do that to there own team if we weren't punished (says allot about scottish fitbaw) think you's are right though! infact di stefano (former dundee director) was very openly against us being punished  

Hopefully we mccann does a good job for them! sky is gonna be brutal without him 

34 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Such pish:lol:

You think arses in Chigaco ,who dont know how to get to Ibrox,  are  fountains of Rangers knowledge but they will only know what McCann did on 2nd of May 1999 ,through prompting.

Away you go ya walloper.:lol:

He did more in 90 mins than you will ever do for Rangers. 

Prove me wrong by having  a career like his yourself.

It's exactly what he done last time he was involved in coaching. He's interim boss and will go back to working as a pundit on Sky next season.

I'm impressed that what you got from what I said about Shane.

I've never once suggested I've done more for Rangers than McCann. What a fucking bizarre point to make.

9 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Nothing to suggest he would make even a decent coach. Nothing at all. Talking a good game is easy. Hindsight is easy. Watching a video and telling the truth about what has happened or is happening on a video is easy. Let's see how good he really is now he has a real job in the game. I suspect he will be a failure and back in the studio in a few months. Honestly, listening to some of our fans you would think he is the next Sir Alex Mournhiola.  

Not if you're that bitter rat Sutton, can hardly string two words together without looking a complete cunt. 

8 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Aye it is. Still... I know a few guys down the pub who talk a good game but it certainly doesnt make them a Manager. Most pundits say what we already know.. 

Agreed - was only suggesting it might not be such a risk as taking off to a foreign country for your first 'top' job.

Otherwise, there are some strong parallels between the two & it's up to Neil to show he can 'walk the walk' as well as he 'talks the talk'.

The best scenario would be PC is an absolute success for us, that 3 year down the road there has been a train hit the buffers at full speed out the east end and there are casualties lying all over the platform.
He has been that big a success for us that we cannot hold on to him,and NMcC has been a success and it turns out a smooth transition from DFC to IBROX. :mutley::UK:

Did he even bother to apply for the assistant position?

Seemed to bite the hand off for this role though...

Mibbee @thedude makes a good point.

Still wish him all the best , if this is a small step on the road to gaining the experience he would need to be anywhere near Rangers then all good, but it does rather look like helping a club he feels a bond with out till the end of the season, didn't he come out of retirement to play for fuck all for them before?

11 hours ago, rangersmad86 said:

No, I just think most folk would have loved to have seen him as part of the management staff as the new coach. 

Why?  There's nothing to suggest he would be any good in those roles. 

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

He could've always made his desire to return to Rangers known. He didn't. No loss. He'll go back to sky with his tail between his legs like last time he tried his hand at coaching.

Didn't he say live on Sky that if Rangers approached him he'd find it hard to turn any job down ? 

I might have completely made that up, but I was sure he said that :lol: 

I was put off him slightly when he spent the day being pally with Lennon at Lennoxtown, training with the Celtic team and having a laugh around the dressing room in a Sky Sports build-up piece for an Old Firm game. I think it might have been the 4-2 game at Ibrox in 2011.

I very much doubt Sutton would have done the same for BT Sport.

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

Agreed - was only suggesting it might not be such a risk as taking off to a foreign country for your first 'top' job.

Otherwise, there are some strong parallels between the two & it's up to Neil to show he can 'walk the walk' as well as he 'talks the talk'.

Agreed. 

Cracking wee player and still say we should have sold Lovenkrands before we sold him.  Barry MacKay go get his DVD and see what a real winger looks like, watch how he can go past a man and hit he bye line and cross it and find a blue jersey. 

Who says he won't be Rangers manager some day as I do like what he has to say about our game in general and I hope he keeps Dundee up 

47 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I was put off him slightly when he spent the day being pally with Lennon at Lennoxtown, training with the Celtic team and having a laugh around the dressing room in a Sky Sports build-up piece for an Old Firm game. I think it might have been the 4-2 game at Ibrox in 2011.

I very much doubt Sutton would have done the same for BT Sport.

Sutton is too unprofessional to do that. He wouldn't be able to spend time in our facilities without having digs at us the whole time.

Did McCann not train with with for a while when he was a free agent too?

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Why?  There's nothing to suggest he would be any good in those roles. 

Why would folk have wanted him? He is a former player, understands Scottish football, loves the club and he has worked as a coach before so he would have perfectly fitted the bill as our 'local' coach which turned out to be a Finnish guy! Nothing against JJ, and I hope it works out but I think you'll find most folk would have preferred McCann, there's also nothing to suggest JJ will be good in that role. 

2 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

The best scenario would be PC is an absolute success for us, that 3 year down the road there has been a train hit the buffers at full speed out the east end and there are casualties lying all over the platform.
He has been that big a success for us that we cannot hold on to him,and NMcC has been a success and it turns out a smooth transition from DFC to IBROX. :mutley::UK:

Change this to 3 months and you'll get a like. Fuck it here's one anyway for positive thinking.

2 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Why would folk have wanted him? He is a former player, understands Scottish football, loves the club and he has worked as a coach before so he would have perfectly fitted the bill as our 'local' coach which turned out to be a Finnish guy! Nothing against JJ, and I hope it works out but I think you'll find most folk would have preferred McCann, there's also nothing to suggest JJ will be good in that role. 

The bit in bold could be said of McCoist and Weir before they came here.  Being a former player and having affection for the club counts for nothing if you can't coach.  Giving jobs to former players hasn't worked in the very recent past and it's not a mistake we should repeat again.  I'm certain McCann was a very capable pundit but I'd rather he learned his trade at a smaller club.  We need proven coaches at this club if we want to win things.