Neil McCann back in football

32 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Why would folk have wanted him? He is a former player, understands Scottish football, loves the club and he has worked as a coach before so he would have perfectly fitted the bill as our 'local' coach which turned out to be a Finnish guy! Nothing against JJ, and I hope it works out but I think you'll find most folk would have preferred McCann, there's also nothing to suggest JJ will be good in that role. 

JJ is a far more sensible choice than McCann, you know JJ? the guy who has actually been working as a coach. when did Rangers fans become so fucking needy that all it takes is a few kind words from a pundit and we want to give them a job. hilarious that some folk actually wanted him as manager.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

JJ is a far more sensible choice than McCann, you know JJ who has actually been working as a coach. when did Rangers fans become so fucking needy that all it takes is a few kind words from a pundit and we give them a job. hilarious that some folk actually wanted him as manager.

To be fair I wouldn't have been against his appoinment as a coach as he seems to be pretty switched on but I'm happy with JJ, don't know what planet the folk saying he should have been manager are on.

14 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

To be fair I wouldn't have been against his appoinment as a coach as he seems to be pretty switched on but I'm happy with JJ, don't know what planet the folk saying he should have been manager are on.

JJ is serving his time, he's been in consistent coaching employment since he hung up his boots and has been working as assistant to the Finland national team.

McCann, a three month spell as assistant at Dunfermline apart has been a tv pundit. he could well have been a decent appointment but JJ seems to me the far more sensible choice.

Its also quite apparent that club closest to McCann's heart is Dundee. the club he started his career at, the club he came out retirement to play for for fuck all, the club he's just volunteered to be caretaker manager of...

9 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

JJ is serving his time, he's been in consistent coaching employment since he hung up his boots and has been working as assistant to the Finland national team.

McCann, a three month spell as assistant at Dunfermline apart has been a tv pundit. he could well have been a decent appointment but JJ seems to me the far more sensible choice.

Its also quite apparent that club closest to McCann's heart is Dundee. the club he started his career at, the club he came out retirement to play for for fuck all, the club he's just volunteered to be caretaker manager off...

100% agree with you, JJ is by far the better appointment but had McCann been given it I would have been happy with it compared to some other names being floated around.

I think it shows he has a good character with the help he's offered Dundee, nothing wrong with remembering your roots.

Just now, DennyBlueNose said:

100% agree with you, JJ is by far the better appointment but had McCann been given it I would have been happy with it compared to some other names being floated around.

I think it shows he has a good character with the help he's offfered Dundee, nothing wrong with remembering your roots.

Absolutely, I applaud the guy for it.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The bit in bold could be said of McCoist and Weir before they came here.  Being a former player and having affection for the club counts for nothing if you can't coach.  Giving jobs to former players hasn't worked in the very recent past and it's not a mistake we should repeat again.  I'm certain McCann was a very capable pundit but I'd rather he learned his trade at a smaller club.  We need proven coaches at this club if we want to win things. 

Nothing to say he can't coach, why should being an ex player and all of the aforementioned automatically exclude you? Just because it hasn't worked in the recent past, doesn't mean it should be out of the question! Were Sounness and Smith (not an ex player granted, but fits the rest of the mould) unsuccessful? 

1 hour ago, rangersmad86 said:

Why would folk have wanted him? He is a former player, understands Scottish football, loves the club and he has worked as a coach before so he would have perfectly fitted the bill as our 'local' coach which turned out to be a Finnish guy! Nothing against JJ, and I hope it works out but I think you'll find most folk would have preferred McCann, there's also nothing to suggest JJ will be good in that role. 

Except JJ actually has something of a decent background as a coach.

Just now, The Dude said:

Except JJ actually has something of a decent background as a coach.

He worked with youth teams at Motherwell, then was out of work for nearly 18 months. He was then given a role as an assistant with Finland early this year, so in nearly two years he's been involved in four professional games! 2 of those have been friendlies, have you done your homework? 

7 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

He worked with youth teams at Motherwell, then was out of work for nearly 18 months. He was then given a role as an assistant with Finland early this year, so in nearly two years he's been involved in four professional games! 2 of those have been friendlies, have you done your homework? 

Johansson worked for Morton as their reserve team coach  He moved to Motherwell in 2012 to coach their under-20 team. he left Motherwell in July 2015 , he was appointed as an assistant coach for the Finland national team In December 2016.

McCann once said nice things about us on tv.

Aye tough choice.

3 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

I have indeed. He also worked at Morton with their youths and has spent around three years and a half working as a coach within Scottish football before getting the Finnish assistant manager gig late last year.

McCann done bits and pieces at Dunfermline before eventually leaving sky to become their full-time assistant manager. Within 18 months he was back at Sky.

Johansson worked for Morton as their reserve team coach  He moved to Motherwell in 2012 to coach their under-20 team. he left Motherwell in July 2015 , he was appointed as an assistant coach for the Finland national team In December 2016. the gap was 6 months.

McCann once said nice things about us on tv.

I

So worked with the kids. McCann also has coaching experience. I don't know what school you went to but Carol Vorderman you are not, plenty more than 6 months! 

4 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

So worked with the kids. McCann also has coaching experience. I don't know what school you went to but Carol Vorderman you are not, plenty more than 6 months! 

Geilsland list d School and Kerelaw secure unit, why - anything to say?

yeah wee error since edited. point stands, when the fuck did Rangers fans become so needy that they'd give a job to someone just because he said nice things on tv about us?

good luck to him but must say i am disappointed as he is the only person i can stand listening to on that sky sports pish. apart from that time big walter was on of course. probably end up listening to 2 taigs on sunday. 

yeah wee error since edited. point stands, when the fuck did Rangers fans become so needy that they'd give a job to someone just because he said nice things on tv about us?

It's your opinion, that the only thing he has ever done 'is said nice things about us', I've already said why he's more than qualified for the role. We all want JJ to do well, but if you read through the thread you'll see most people would have loved NM to get a shot. As far as I'm concerned he's just as qualified as anyone for that role, infact I think he'd have been perfect for it. Maybe he didn't want it, might not have even chucked his name in the ring for it, hope he does alright there nevertheless. 

3 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

It's your opinion, that the only thing he has ever done 'is said nice things about us', I've already said why he's more than qualified for the role. We all want JJ to do well, but if you read through the thread you'll see most people would have loved NM to get a shot. As far as I'm concerned he's just as qualified as anyone for that role, infact I think he'd have been perfect for it. Maybe he didn't want it, might not have even chucked his name in the ring for it, hope he does alright there nevertheless. 

I agree mate, he could well have been a decent appointment but its clear to me he's at the club he loves.

I think JJ was a good choice for us.

Like you I wish him well:tu:

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And? We were told on here that has no effect on players etc. They are footballers. Business stuff shouldn't affect their ability to do their job etc. 

Right ok you've just told me all I need to know about your knowledge of football if you think that has no effect on players! If players aren't paid they're not going to give two hoots! 

A sound, very current example Leyton Orient can't pay the lot bills/wages about to go into admin. Where do they find themselves, about to be relegated! 

4 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Right ok you've just told me all I need to know about your knowledge of football if you think that has no effect on players! If players aren't paid they're not going to give two hoots! 

A sound, very current example Leyton Orient can't pay the lot bills/wages about to go into admin. Where do they find themselves, about to be relegated! 

So what's the excuse for the following season when he was number two to Potter (who got sacked) long after they'd come out of Admin? Surely such a superstar coach would have been able to improve League One players on full-time wages playing against part-timers?