Lee Rigby Memorial Cup rumours

TheLawMan

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The organiser has also said Robert Marshall info is wrong. There was no private tour. He was a sponsor that day. Nobody stopped them from taking photos and the nonsense about emailing the club to have brown sacked is a complete lie. 

1 hour ago, TheLawMan said:

The organisers have claimed that they have texts from ex players saying they were told not to play.

Stan has challenged them in relation to his part in this and in doing so he denied that he was paid handsomely for organising last year's event.

The organisers have just posted a screenshot of a bank transfer for £1000 and another for £495 For last year made to someone they claim to be Stan.

If true, What an absolute farce. :tu:

For parity, Stan has also said he spent over £1k out his own pocket on stuff for the event and that was him being reimbursed which is certainly different than being paid a fee. 

Although I gave up trying to follow the twitter exchange as it was just a rabble 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

For parity, Stan has also said he spent over £1k out his own pocket on stuff for the event and that was him being reimbursed which is certainly different than being paid a fee. 

Although I gave up trying to follow the twitter exchange as it was just a rabble 

Didn't see that on the exchange though it does seem to be going all over the place as you say.

1 hour ago, TheLawMan said:

The organisers have claimed that they have texts from ex players saying they were told not to play.

Stan has challenged them in relation to his part in this and in doing so he denied that he was paid handsomely for organising last year's event.

The organisers have just posted a screenshot of a bank transfer for £1000 and another for £495 For last year made to someone they claim to be Stan.

If true, What an absolute farce. :tu:

The snouts in the blue trough never stop guzzling.

8 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

As you say There is a huge difference between getting a £1k fee and being reimbursed for £1k expenses , the only time they look the same is being bank transferred .

Whoever is in the right in this I can't believe a public feud is the best way to go about it .

This is a complete embarrassment. Whoever organised this (no matter what has went on) should have done this privately. Any future events will now be affected. The press will definitely pick up on this and the Rangers name will be smeared once again. What a shocking way to go about things. 

Fucking social media 

I can understand the organiser being frustrated and wanting fans to know, if they're telling the truth, but putting it out there on twitter is more likely to just give the Scottish tabloids another chance to make Rangers seem like a laugh stock, and could even hurt future support for similar matches. 

10 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

"£200 for my apartment I put up for a week Time spent on sorting everything Managing the team , MC on the night , Sorting the players"

He also said that.

Claimed it would have cost two grand if they went elsewhere for this service. Thats a fee including 200 quid expenses.Now if the guy charges a fee its fair enough. Better to be up front about it.

Just now, Young Bob said:

"£200 for my apartment I put up for a week Time spent on sorting everything Managing the team , MC on the night , Sorting the players"

He also said that.

Claimed it would have cost two grand if they went elsewhere for this service. Thats a fee including 200 quid expenses.Now if the guy charges a fee its fair enough. Better to be up front about it.

Correct. But saying he never received a "fee" despite screenshots of the £1200 is horrendous tbh. 

Lay it out first, costs etc agree the cash and be open from the off. 

Don't try and slink about in the background being all half soaked and embarrassed about getting paid for something that on the face of it looks like you are benefiting from the event, that's even worse. 

27 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Correct. But saying he never received a "fee" despite screenshots of the £1200 is horrendous tbh. 

Lay it out first, costs etc agree the cash and be open from the off. 

Don't try and slink about in the background being all half soaked and embarrassed about getting paid for something that on the face of it looks like you are benefiting from the event, that's even worse. 

Who was paid  £1200?

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Unrelated but related ...was it John Brown tried to charge £500 for appearing at a function in Ulster in connection with the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund (if I'm not mistaken?)

That was covered earlier in one of the 2 threads. In 'English notes' was the request, apparently.

48 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

He also said that.

I don't begrudge anyone getting paid by a charity for helping to organise an event, as usually they're doing it at a reduced rate; footballers can, depending on how smart they were with money, afford to give their time for nothing, and the average person can't. But I begrudge it when folk want plaudits for charity work with the implication they did it to be charitable, when they were actually being paid. It can actually lead to cynicism about the event, the charity itself and future events. 

Sometimes full disclosure isn't the best policy, but with charity honesty definitely is the best. 

He said he never got paid  £1500 For doing it. When the organisers sent bank screenshots it was then said that it would cost £2k elsewhere to organise what was done which was organising the players to be there, the MC on the night and a few other bits and bobs, none of which were actual expenses.

The organisers also confirmed they took care of the hotel and bar bills as well. 

5 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

He said he never got paid  £1500 For doing it. When the organisers sent bank screenshots it was then said that it would cost £2k elsewhere to organise what was done which was organising the players to be there, the MC on the night and a few other bits and bobs, none of which were actual expenses.

The organisers also confirmed they took care of the hotel and bar bills as well. 

Stan said he never got paid for doing it?

From what I'm reading he was genuinely due back £1000 for monies he paid out his own pocket when organising which sounds fair enough.

So he's got £1500 (instead of £1000) and claimed it would normally cost 2k for someone else to do what he done (which was only really arranging for the players to be there) like he's acting like an agent/go-between for arranging the players to play and a couple of other bits like an MC for the night.

The organisers have said they paid the hotel bills and the bar bills too thus begging the question, what have they paid the £1500 for exactly?

Have I got that right?

If so where does John Brown and the stadium tour etc come into it?