Lee Rigby Memorial Cup rumours

TheLawMan

20 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Not surprised to see lionbrand being mentioned again. 

I'm sure that 495 for those poloshirts went straight to the club though :whistle:

Aye lionbrand.

Whats the Perth Car Park on a Sunny Day bit??

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Damaging the image of the club is lies for a starter as it's nothing to do with the club, Stan Gordon claimed the money he received was for goods he paid for and was the money being returned to him, This guys claiming all sorts of payments have been made to him for his services and he doesn't have one jot of proof.

I really don't think this is something to dwell on as it will grow arms and legs and can see it ending up as accusations of people stealing from charity,Players refusing to play in a charity match and people then having doubts about future fundraisers.

There are people from both sides throwing shite at each other, I'm probably like yourself in none the wiser as what has happened and only getting snippets from people.

These are the things the media love to get a hold of and whatever has went on should have been dealt with in-house between those involved rather than blasting it all over social media, Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the media pick up on this and then see how it's all twisted.

Absolutely pathetic from those involved.

You can't be serious thinking this won't damage the club of course it will. The tops have Rangers name on it. Ex players. If the press get hold of this then the title will be in bold capitals RANGERS. Did you see the record the other day and it was people hunting deer's? The record called them neds etc they were wearing tarrier tops in the pictures but there wasn't a mention. Imagine that was our top they were wearing and the headline then 

18 hours ago, PRW. said:

From reading that I gather that Stan helped them out last year but told them he wouldn't be doing it this year as he ended up running about doing it all just after a heart attack. Not sure why the money came in to that blog as if it was all about that then surely he'd be wanting to go back down for another payment from the couple? No, he just didn't want to run another event. Fair enough. 

Bomber decided to help them (I'm sure he would of been aware his mate wasn't keen on doing it again) but then had a fall out with this couple and decided not to do it. The fall out must of been a big problem as the players stuck by Brown and decided not to play until the problem was solved, which it wasn't.

Real shame but as far as I am aware these things always go very smoothly when run by Stan so no idea how anyone can get on his back.

Yip, I know Stan well, and he said months ago, he was having nothing to do with this game, so why has the 'organiser' been pulling him in on this? because Bomber is his pal,  and he is posting bank transfers from last year? that money could have been for anything, maybe he and his girlfriend can post there bank transfers, let us all know how much they paid themselfs, as they seemed to be involved in a lot of these events, to me they are professional fundraisers, who will take a good wedge for themselves, but only my opinon

14 minutes ago, ab4113 said:

Yip, I know Stan well, and he said months ago, he was having nothing to do with this game, so why has the 'organiser' been pulling him in on this? because Bomber is his pal,  and he is posting bank transfers from last year? that money could have been for anything, maybe he and his girlfriend can post there bank transfers, let us all know how much they paid themselfs, as they seemed to be involved in a lot of these events, to me they are professional fundraisers, who will take a good wedge for themselves, but only my opinon

Well if they are professionals they'll be getting paid, kinda implied with "professional" :lol:

13 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Well if they are professionals they'll be getting paid, kinda implied with "professional" :lol:

I mind less that someone is paid if they are at least honest and upfront about it.

This Stan chap claimed that any monies transferred to him were only to cover expenses. Now it seems that this was untrue and these were fees and commissions.  If he was not lying about this then it will be really easy to prove his case by showing the out of pocket expenses he was being reimbursed for.

1 hour ago, ab4113 said:

Hi Stan. 

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Only ever posts on here to either defend Stan or to promote his pub.

It was sarcasm.

Oh ok. Just so obvious it wasnt. Had a ghost writer doing his similar post on FF. Perhaps this guy wrote it for him.

10 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Only ever posts on here to either defend Stan or to promote his pub.

It was sarcasm.

No i don't just post on here to defend stan, but as i know him and you don't know him , but are quite happy to brand him,

I do not see how a post of (supposed) bank transfer payment, which anyone can rig up, is any proof, stan does a lot of work in raising cash, and he has been good for our club, by paying for race night and dj's for our club fund raising nights, so i think i am better positioned to comment on him, unlike you who just seem to post pish

59 minutes ago, ab4113 said:

No i don't just post on here to defend stan, but as i know him and you don't know him , but are quite happy to brand him,

I do not see how a post of (supposed) bank transfer payment, which anyone can rig up, is any proof, stan does a lot of work in raising cash, and he has been good for our club, by paying for race night and dj's for our club fund raising nights, so i think i am better positioned to comment on him, unlike you who just seem to post pish

Or, he could come back on and prove these rumours that he was making money off the events are wrong by himself instead of getting you on to defend him. Just a thought.

The real problem is that Rangers is a high value brand that creates value when it is attached to events to commercial operations. Yet the people responsible for managing the brand, and ensuring its integrity and values are not compromised, i.e. The Commercial Directors of Rangers FC appear to have no control over how the brand is used. It appears to be easily used by any Tom, Dick or Harry, with no thought as to the negative consequences to the Club itself, nor without at times any commercial/financial gain to the Club. Such negative publicity is totally unacceptable. Who is actually managing the Club these days? It seems at times to be a headless chicken. 

If our Brand was correctly managed we would have no need for anyone to have to defend their reputation. The Brand should only be used under licence from the Club itself and with full governance and an audit trail.

7 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

The real problem is that Rangers is a high value brand that creates value when it is attached to events to commercial operations. Yet the people responsible for managing the brand, and ensuring its integrity and values are not compromised, i.e. The Commercial Directors of Rangers FC appear to have no control over how the brand is used. It appears to be easily used by any Tom, Dick or Harry, with no thought as to the negative consequences to the Club itself, nor without at times any commercial/financial gain to the Club. Such negative publicity is totally unacceptable. Who is actually managing the Club these days? It seems at times to be a headless chicken. 

If our Brand was correctly managed we would have no need for anyone to have to defend their reputation. The Brand should only be used under licence from the Club itself and with full governance and an audit trail.

No mate the problem is fan spivs, leeches and ego's ... some of the biggest guilty parties would still be in charge of any governance of such plan that's the problem 

it's not just your Marshall's and Houston's and Dingwall's of this world it goes all the way to the top with the likes of King, Murray and Park 

The lot need wiped from the boardroom to the fans groups and a good chunk of the Tweeters/bloggers

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No mate the problem is fan spivs, leeches and ego's ... some of the biggest guilty parties would still be in charge of any governance of such plan that's the problem 

it's not just your Marshall's and Houston's and Dingwall's of this world it goes all the way to the top with the likes of King, Murray and Park 

The lot need wiped from the boardroom to the fans groups and a good chunk of the Tweeters/bloggers

I don't disagree with that at all.