Lee Rigby Memorial Cup rumours

TheLawMan

17 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I don't begrudge anyone getting paid by a charity for helping to organise an event, as usually they're doing it at a reduced rate; footballers can, depending on how smart they were with money, afford to give their time for nothing, and the average person can't. But I begrudge it when folk want plaudits for charity work with the implication they did it to be charitable, when they were actually being paid. It can actually lead to cynicism about the event, the charity itself and future events. 

Sometimes full disclosure isn't the best policy, but with charity honesty definitely is the best. 

I am sure some of the players took a fee. The organisers have still raised over 11 grand which wouldnt have been possible without their assistance.

There are a few of our "legends" I would not deal with so much so that I would avoid events they attend.Shame but thats the way it is.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Unrelated but related ...was it John Brown tried to charge £500 for appearing at a function in Ulster in connection with the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund (if I'm not mistaken?)

Yes. Thats the English notes reference. I

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

I am sure some of the players took a fee. The organisers have still raised over 11 grand which wouldnt have been possible without their assistance.

There are a few of our "legends" I would not deal with so much so that I would avoid events they attend.Shame but thats the way it is.

Aye, I'm sure some would have taken a fee, and some would have taken just their expenses and waved any usual appearance fee. 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

Aye, I'm sure some would have taken a fee, and some would have taken just their expenses and waved any usual appearance fee. 

Ive no prob with the ex players taking a small fee or having their expenses covered, if the charity event is organised properly all costs should be covered and what's left goes to the charity. 

But as usual what we get is I didn't take a penny, oh well actually I did but this was just expenses, oh well hang on yes a took a small fee for my time but others would've taken more. 

It just looks shady as fuck. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why oh why can't we do something that's all above board and plain for all to see. 

Instead it looks like someone is hiding something and the story changes every 5 mins. 

God knows.

Be better if these type of things were organised through something like the RCF where everything is properly accounted for. From what I read earlier cash changed hands to an organiser in a pub at a previous event. That should just not happen.

5 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

God knows.

Be better if these type of things were organised through something like the RCF where everything is properly accounted for. From what I read earlier cash changed hands to an organiser in a pub at a previous event. That should just not happen.

There's only one reason to keep things under the table. 

I agree, the club and the RCF should take this over and all requests for Legend teams or Legend players as speakers should go through them, a fixed fee plus expenses all above board. 

Cut out the blue pound grabbers once and for all. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

There's only one reason to keep things under the table. 

I agree, the club and the RCF should take this over and all requests for Legend teams or Legend players as speakers should go through them, a fixed fee plus expenses all above board. 

Cut out the blue pound grabbers once and for all. 

Normally there is only one reason.

Who runs the Rangers Players Benevolent Fund these days? I know Colin Jackson did it in the past. Using something like that to organise it would be beneficial too.

Just now, Young Bob said:

Normally there is only one reason.

Who runs the Rangers Players Benevolent Fund these days? I know Colin Jackson did it in the past. Using something like that to organise it would be beneficial too.

Was the Benevolent Fund not brought under the control of RCF? 

Just now, Queen's_highway said:

Ano I'm reading it too 

Did she or didn't she send the texts :lol:

It is amusing.

Laughed when he said he only publicly critised one former player. As they are all potential sources of income its of no surprise. More faces than the town clock.

"I don't hear from you I will need to call the club'

' I am more than happy to tell the press what's been going on and why the game is cancelled' 

Now this sounds like threats to me.

If she knew there were not a lot of players going to be there, why didn't she inform the people who had bought tickets?

There was no need for the lies you put on this thread and I think you have done more damage than good 

People will accept bad news as long as you are truthful with them"

Thats the evidence he just posted. What a wallaper.

I can't believe two adults arguing in a public forum over a Lee Rigby tribute and fund raiser , everybody can read the thread and it's contents . It's just incredibly messy and for all the talk of solicitors I'm thinking that there isn't one around that would advise anybody to carry out arguments in this manner. 

30 minutes ago, scouseblue said:

I can't believe two adults arguing in a public forum over a Lee Rigby tribute and fund raiser , everybody can read the thread and it's contents . It's just incredibly messy and for all the talk of solicitors I'm thinking that there isn't one around that would advise anybody to carry out arguments in this manner. 

The Rigby family deserve more respect than this shite 

9 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Greg really needs to get a grip of his Da.

He is an embarrassment.

Im sure his intentions are good but he's thick as shite.

He is maybe happily sitting at Ibrox reading the forums and thinking what a star his old da is.?