Davhow

Place to watch semi final in Dublin

Davhow    54

So been working in Dublin this week and just been told I need to stay on over weekend. I've already searched forum and seen loads of posts I won't get any bother. Problem is my workmates over with me from Glasgow are ALL supporting them! Any suggest somewhere to watch it or any bears in Dublin going for a beer? 

fanaticCR    3,689

Once you absolutely leather every single one of your workmates, you will then be given information on where to watch the game. 

WATP-FOREVER    2,019

Is this really a serious thread - as much chance of getting a Rangers pub in the vatican city.

Ger_onimo    3,969

Most places in Temple Bar seem to show football and most will be 50-50 at worst. There's no locals drink there, it's all tourists/stags, and none of the locals support them anyway. You'll be fine.

Maybe keep the cultural singing to a minimum though...:crabflute:

eskbankloyal    3,871

Hardly anybody in Dublin cares about Scottish football or them. If there is an English game on at the same time they'll probably be showing that. 

I was there last year and walked about in a Rangers top without anybody batting an eyelid.

harlands plater    8,131
15 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Is this really a serious thread - as much chance of getting a Rangers pub in the vatican city.

P2 Masonic club.

WATP-FOREVER    2,019
6 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

P2 Masonic club.

in oirlund, in dublin? Seriously - by jeebers.

harlands plater    8,131
Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

No, Vatican City.

WATP-FOREVER    2,019
41 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

No, Vatican City.

I see it - but referred to as a pseudo-masonic lodge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due
http://www.masonicinfo.com/p2_lodge.htm
(Persons
of sense can easily recognize that Freemasonry cannot be held responsible for an organization which it banished yet which continued to function as a secret, pseudo-Masonic body within the context of Italian political intrigue, not unlike the many bogus pseudo-Masonic organizations which exist today. It is regrettable that the P. 2. incident stained Italian and - by extension - worldwide Freemasonry).

Had it's masonic charter withdrawn after 31 years in 1976 - which the constitution of Italy banned (so-called) secret societies. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due

Still very interesting right enough.

Rovers51    2

Live outside Dublin,  most Irish people don't support Celtic. Seen more as a joke club. English premiership will be on in most pubs but when I was in uni there, i used to watch the games in a pub near the city centre. Anywhere with multi screens will show it so u should have no problem. 

scottyb    3

The woolshed in Parnell street at at the top of oconnell st is an excellent sports bar --watched the hibs game in there 2 years ago -no probs it was mostly man u fans in there

WATP-FOREVER    2,019
54 minutes ago, Rovers51 said:

Live outside Dublin,  most Irish people don't support Celtic. Seen more as a joke club. English premiership will be on in most pubs but when I was in uni there, i used to watch the games in a pub near the city centre. Anywhere with multi screens will show it so u should have no problem. 

The local timmigrants sneeking on here will be reeling with that one mate.

Davhow    54

Cheers guys, realise it won't be a rangers bar, just looking for somewhere I can watch the game without any trouble. Woolshed was mentioned on a old thread so will give that a try first! 

Helicopter Sundae    2,846
7 minutes ago, Davhow said:

Cheers guys, realise it won't be a rangers bar, just looking for somewhere I can watch the game without any trouble. Woolshed was mentioned on a old thread so will give that a try first! 

Just take care wherever you are.

Buggleskelly    1,425
3 hours ago, Davhow said:

So been working in Dublin this week and just been told I need to stay on over weekend. I've already searched forum and seen loads of posts I won't get any bother. Problem is my workmates over with me from Glasgow are ALL supporting them! Any suggest somewhere to watch it or any bears in Dublin going for a beer? 

You could always head down to the town of Carnew in county Wicklow , which to this day is described as 'a Protestant enclave'.

I'm sure you'd be fine spending the day there .....

:cheers:

Falcoholic    652
3 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

There are 35 Masonic Lodges in Dublin alone which fall under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Ireland.

Don't ask me how I know this :happy:

boyd09    227

I wear my top out over here in cork 

First time I did some sad can't was staring at me gave him a friendly growl and he fucked off

Most hotel bars over here will have the game on its mainly English football they bother about over here you will be fine mate   enjoy the scum getting beat on Sunday 

Copland bear    3,794
4 hours ago, Davhow said:

Find new work mates :guns:, but seriously hope you find somewhere as I could not watch it with all them around me.  

Perth_Campsie_Ger    6,252
2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Find new work mates :guns:, but seriously hope you find somewhere as I could not watch it with all them around me.  

I couldn't step foot over the border into the south

The Beast    3,123
22 minutes ago, Buggleskelly said:

You could always head down to the town of Carnew in county Wicklow , which to this day is described as 'a Protestant enclave'.

I'm sure you'd be fine spending the day there .....

:cheers:

Graham Norton's family are from there according to Wikipedia, and he was brought up Church of Ireland rather than a bead rattler. Every day is a school day right enough.