U17 Cup Final - Live STV

Smile

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

The better team won but well done to the Rangers boys for a far better second half.

Got to agree with that to an extent. We looked dead and buried in that first half but we showed a good bit of quality to equalize. Let's not forget that Celtic team are a fair bit older and have players like Aitchinson who has played and scored in the fiddler's first team

To be fair the scum are not much better than us, it was 2-1, says a lot, the funny bit was peter mcguire martin and his performing seal alan rough were acting like it was the champions league final instead of what it was a glorified junior game, Scottish fitba is not in a good way !

image.gif

Just finished watching the game.

Thought there was a few decent individual performances. Was quite impressed with Rudden, Shiels and Gilmour in particular. 

Looks like there's a gap even at this level though. 

By the way, that wee taig doing the shushing celebration to a crowd full of weans? Jesus wept. 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Got to agree with that to an extent. We looked dead and buried in that first half but we showed a good bit of quality to equalize. Let's not forget that Celtic team are a fair bit older and have players like Aitchinson who has played and scored in the fiddler's first team

That and we got a goal pretty much out of nowhere at the end of the first half. The boys were just beaten by a better team on the day, but they upped their performance and gave it a go. Some positives to take from that.

16 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Just finished watching the game.

Thought there was a few decent individual performances. Was quite impressed with Rudden, Shiels and Gilmour in particular. 

Looks like there's a gap even at this level though. 

By the way, that wee taig doing the shushing celebration to a crowd full of weans? Jesus wept. 

There was a clear physical and technical gap to be honest, which is almost certainly down to age. I'm not sure of every players age ( @The Dude may be able to provide that for both sides, couldn't find it on the website) but I know we had at least four 15 year olds playing and the tarriers had an older side. 

The only ones who looked like they could physically compete with them were Rudden, Houston and Zata. 

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

There was a clear physical and technical gap to be honest, which is almost certainly down to age. I'm not sure of every players age ( @The Dude may be able to provide that for both sides, couldn't find it on the website) but I know we had at least four 15 year olds playing and the tarriers had an older side. 

The only ones who looked like they could physically compete with them were Rudden, Houston and Zata. 

Yeah I did notice that. Some of our lads looked about 12.

Competed well for a good bit of the second half though despite the age gap.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Kinnear - 16

Houston - 17

Gray - 17

Palmer - 16

Finlayson - 16

Mayo - 17

Mebude - 15

Gilmour - 15

Rudden - 17

Kelly - 17

Shiels - 16

Zata - 16