Three years since Sandy Jardine died.

pcbear

My big pal and the biggest bluenose ever Joe Yates died three years ago today, it was a bad week as the great Sandy Jardine died a few days later and  the minutes silence at the next home game for Sandy Jardine was poignant as my thoughts were also with Joe, just how quick has that flown by?

22 minutes ago, pcbear said:

My big pal and the biggest bluenose ever Joe Yates died three years ago today, it was a bad week as the great Sandy Jardine died a few days later and  the minutes silence at the next home game for Sandy Jardine was poignant as my thoughts were also with Joe, just how quick has that flown by?

Always a sad time when you lose someone so close to you, chin up mate.  

RIP Sandy & Joe 

1 hour ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Remember this being the 1st time I've ever genuinely had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye at a football game, the day they played his song before the game.

RIP to a true Ranger. ?

Same, especially considering the amount of time and effort Sandy put in to our club even throughout his illness. Doesn't even seem that long ago we were cheering him onto the pitch.

Sandy in Royal Blue! A real legend, and an absolute gentleman. He was a favourite of mine for many a year.

I remember one time our whole family were in hospitality for a game, and I was chatting away to him, trying not to look too star struck, playing it cool, when my mother came over and said to Sandy " oh I know who you are. You've adorned the walls of his bedroom for years, you're like one of the family" I just hope that my face wasn't too red afterwards. Mothers eh? They've been embarrassing their kids for centuries. I deeply, miss both Sandy, and my mother.

I remember picking up my pre-ordered replica kit with my dad from the Ibrox store in '97, when I was about 9 or so. The pre-order had been taken for the wrong size and the lassie at the shop had to phone someone for help with it - and the person who came out with the right size kit was Sandy Jardine. I'm guessing my dad was used to seeing him around Ibrox, but as a wean it was like being in the presence of a demi-god. "You're Sandy Jardine," I blurted out as he was apologising for the mix up. He looked at my dad, bemused, then said, "I am," and asked how I knew who he was. I spent a few minutes going on and on about his career, as if he didn't know, and he signed an autograph for me. 

My maw later binned that autograph, along with many others, as she thought they were just scribbled on bits of paper nailed to my door. Even though she got half of them for me. (Paisley folk are not the brightest.) But the memory of getting Jardine's autograph will always mean a lot to me. He was a class act. 

RIP to a true Bear. I think Joe Yates is in good company right now!