UEFA Cup and Pedro's budget

kris1984

49 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

thats 3 games I think we'll sell out given it's a return after so long. 50k at £25 a ticket x 3 games = £3.75

You have the income (plus hospitality & tv money?). You've missed out one tiny wee thing.................EXPENDITURE! 3 x plane hires, visas, scouting trips, hotels and training for our whole entourage, cost of three full capacity match days at Ibrox, appearance fees, win bonuses, staff costs, marketing, promotion, stadium staff, security, policing etc etc etc

6 minutes ago, Amato said:

It's been so long since we've played in Europe I'd expect sell outs every game

I hope you're right, I just don't see us selling out a first round tie against Bala Town, even if it is our first game back.

I can't stand this talk of "gambling" it's not a gamble it's an investment

It's the boards job to invest in the Club, they claim Caixinha was their first choice as manager,  £6-8 million is imo the least we need to compete with celtic.

If investing in Caixinha is thought of as a gamble then why was he the number one choice?

If the board don't want to do their job and invest then why are the fans putting up with them

And if the Europa League cash comes in as OP suggests then it would be bonus cash so why would it not be invested.

I don't know where I stand yet when  it comes to Caixinha,  but the board have said he's their man so they need to put their money where there mouth is and stop bullshitting us. We shouldn't be waiting to see if we get the Europa league, they should have a set budget for squad investment and and European money or money from player sales should be seen as a bonus and at least 2/3 of it invested back in the squad

Starting a rhetoric of 'Investing lots is a gamble' is just preparing to make excuses for the board when they don't invest

No way 10 mill plus. Quarter of that possibly. Hate to be negative but unless some big signings can't see us getting past 2nd, 3rd round of qualifying. The fact we will be unseeded and some of the teams mentioned on a post here makes it extremely tricky.

2 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

We're not getting anywhere near 50k for Europa League qualifiers anyway. 

MAybe the first one as we'll be back in Europe but aye there will be a drop. The early season qualifiers have been bought previously by Premier Sports and I'm guessing the majority would rather attend the game than start a subscription with them.

7 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Seen this on Twitter the other day. A list of potential opponents as things stand at the moment. For those thinking we are a good bet for getting to the group stages, still the same confidence after seeing this ?

IMG_20170420_224452.jpg

IMG_20170420_224445.jpg

That's just depressing! :-(

in answer to the OP, no i don't think it is worth the gamble as spending a few million will only marginally increase our already slim chances of qualifying!

we should focus on building a team to consistently win games in the SPL next year. If we are consistent against the rest of the SPL, the old firm games will take care of themselves!

people seem to be focussing on the word gamble from the OP. However you could easily argue that we need to board to find 6-8 million on being competitive in our own league anyway.  Whether the board will find it is debatable, but our team needs that type of investment. 

13 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

If you can't even get the name of the competition right, why should anyone pay attention to anything else you've said? 

Thats right. It should be called the Cup Winners Cup :whistle: