Rest in Peace, Sir Ugo.

Mr Soprano

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got relayed this absolutely shite news.

Shocking.

A very obviously strong and athletic guy of just 44 and yet another footballer with undetected heart issues. I don't remember footballers of the 60s, 70s and 80s dying young on the field or at the training ground... Perhaps they weren't 'fit enough' to be putting strain on their hearts, if you can see the fuzzy logic in that. Anyway, that is a discussion for another day and another thread.

Heartbreaking for his wife and two youngsters. All the best to them in coping with the tough times ahead.

Cheers Sir Ugochuku of Ehiogu. Sleep well.

I'm sure Dom Ball said last year that Ugo pulled him aside and was putting across to him how much he enjoyed playing for Rangers. He came across as someone who realised how fortunate he was to get paid handsomely to play football, and didn't forget that the fans are the life blood of the game. 

Don't want to see anyone die that young, but it's gut wrenching when the person who dies is, by all accounts, a good person, and leaves a family behind. 

I'm not a Spurs man, by any means, but hopefully Rangers and Spurs can win the respective cups and pay tribute to Ugo. (Would be nice if a testimonial game or tournament could be organised featuring involvement from his former clubs.)

1 minute ago, dan_ger said:

Awful news. RIP Ugo. 

I still remeber where I was watching his goal that day at CP. Phenomenal! 

I was there. First Old Firm game, big man made it special for me and especially in a pretty forgettable season

RIP Ugo

6 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

I was there. First Old Firm game, big man made it special for me and especially in a pretty forgettable season

RIP Ugo

I was having a drink last night with a mate and it was his first old firm too. We were talking about it for ages then you hear this. Weird as fuck.

Think how fit he was too. Awful news