Rest in Peace, Sir Ugo.

Mr Soprano

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player who i really admired from his boro and villa days, when he signed for the famous, i thought he would go on to be a great signing as it was exactly what we needed.

Whilst there's s no doubting his best footballing days were in the past, he made the most telling of contributions. 

That goal at that time in that game, felt like roy of the rovers stuff and i have no doubt it was the real start of smiths second spell. It gave us confidence as a side and for the remainder of Walters second spell we never looked back. 

Thank you for the memories ugo and RIP big man. 

6 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

I'm sure Dom Ball said last year that Ugo pulled him aside and was putting across to him how much he enjoyed playing for Rangers. He came across as someone who realised how fortunate he was to get paid handsomely to play football, and didn't forget that the fans are the life blood of the game. 

Don't want to see anyone die that young, but it's gut wrenching when the person who dies is, by all accounts, a good person, and leaves a family behind. 

I'm not a Spurs man, by any means, but hopefully Rangers and Spurs can win the respective cups and pay tribute to Ugo. (Would be nice if a testimonial game or tournament could be organised featuring involvement from his former clubs.)

Would be better against Villa, that is the club he is most remembered with, anyway it's a brilliant idea and I'm sure someone somewhere in football is getting a game organised. 

33 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

Just back from laying a top down for the big man. Only top I had in house from years ago as I've stopped buying the top for a while now. Rip big man 

IMG_4782.JPG

That's nice mate well in 

I was busy at work and didn't even know about this until I got in at 5.  Absolutely gutted to hear this news.  Only 44 years old aswell.  RIP big man, thanks for giving me a brilliant day (and night) at the piggery that day and thanks for playing for the greatest team in this country.