Beerman to get new deal

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

RANGERS are poised to reward Myles Beerman for his stunning first-team impact with a bumper new deal.

SunSport understands the teenage left-back is set to keep his place for Sunday’s Scottish Cup semi-final showdown against Celtic at Hampden.

Captain Lee Wallace is still crocked — but Gers boss Pedro Caixinha has faith in the ex-Manchester City starlet

The Maltese youngster signed for the Light Blues last summer after being released by City, where he played with on-loan Celtic hero Patrick Roberts.

It’s believed Caixinha is keen to see Beerman’s present terms dramatically improved, while it’s likely his contract — which runs until 2018 — will also be extended.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/896473/rangers-set-to-reward-myles-beerman-with-bumper-new-deal-after-stunning-impact-under-pedro-caixinha/

Long as this isn't a ridiculously high wage then it's a very good bit of business. Can't give him daft amounts a week at 18. He needs something to strive towards far too many youngsters think theyve peaked when they sign a professional contract for a high wage and break into the first team.

That said the wee man has impressed. Despite both him and bates looking shaky against Kilmarnock he's grown into the games and has a real stride of confidence about him. As said above it should light a fire under Wallace's arse and get the very best out of him should he replace Beerman after he recovers.

Good news. Still early days but looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

I'd be happy to see him keeping his place when Wallace is fit. If it takes seeing another player performing well in his position for Wallace to buck up his ideas and realise he hasn't been good enough then maybe this isn't the club for him.

I have absolutely no fear in the lad starting against Them. In fact I'm, possibly, more confident in him than I am in Waldo just now. The lad has done well, and City must've seen something in him, initially, to have him in their youth teams. He might not be good enough for City, but he appears to be well good enough for us. I also think that he will improve, once he gains more confidence, and maybe score a goal or two.

It will also be good for Wallace, because I think he needs competition for his place to make him up his form a good bit. Beerman could also fit into the left midfield, in front of Waldo as he looks good going forward with the ball, up till now. 

Makes sense. 

We shouldn't get carried away but it makes sense to give him a wee bit more money and tie him down.

if he continues playing and developing the way he is then he's the ready made replacement for Wallace who's been a great servent but not quite the player he was 

15 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Everyone that works should be rewarded for doing a good job. Give the lad a wee pay rise and see how he handles that. 

Been really impressed with him so far. 

Im sure he came up here with another lad from city. Anyone remember who that was? 

This is all I could find:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/academy-transfer-roundup-2/

What I've seen so far of him is good. He needs to keep listening and improving and if he does so then he's gonna have a bright future. 

I wouldn't move him to midfield as we need the fight for the left back slot. Plus he should learn that position and make it his own  as he maybe with us for some time 

Would be interesting to see if he and Wallace can work together on the left, alternating roles. Apart from causing the opposition problems, it might spark McKay into action as well as keep Wallace on his toes.

I wonder how he will link up with McKay on that left wing in future (if McKay still here)

It may actually work out quite well. The Wallace McKay link up / McKay ALWAYS waiting on Wallace to do the over lap is too predictable.

Back to the subject... he looks a good prospect, and could do quite well for us just now and whilst growing up. 

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Everyone that works should be rewarded for doing a good job. Give the lad a wee pay rise and see how he handles that. 

Been really impressed with him so far. 

Im sure he came up here with another lad from city. Anyone remember who that was? 

Are you thinking of Andrew Mitchell that we got from them? 

8 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Only played 3 games. Let's see how he gets on the next 2 games before jumping to conclusions too much.

He has looked good though and deserves to start on Sunday.

Think he was probably on the verge of a new deal anyway mate. Highly rated at the club already.