Old Firm preparations - will our children do the same?

Always enjoy reading various bears preparation for the Old Firm games - cultural tunes in the morning,shower, more tunes, roll and sausage, tunes,  cups of tea, meet up with a mate, songs, tunes, refreshments, bus to game.  My question is: will our children do the same?  Or has it all changed?  My children have no connection with the Old Firm game but ask me the score (sometimes).   

My boy just turned 5.  Any team he sees playing in blue, he cheers.  Doesn't understand the minutiae yet but knows, blue = Rangers >any other.  His first season book will be next season. 

He hums the tune to the sash, just doesn't know the words or relevance yet. 

His auntie tried to give him a green t-shirt last year when she got back from Turkey and he cried because it was the "wrong colour".  

:tu:

35 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

My boy just turned 5.  Any team he sees playing in blue, he cheers.  Doesn't understand the minutiae yet but knows, blue = Rangers >any other.  His first season book will be next season. 

He hums the tune to the sash, just doesn't know the words or relevance yet. 

His auntie tried to give him a green t-shirt last year when she got back from Turkey and he cried because it was the "wrong colour".  

:tu:

:lol: My eldest is the same if I'm watching any football highlights he cheers if a team in blue scores saying goal for Rangers. He hasn't been yet but will be at the start of next season as he turns 5 in December. To answer the op, id love it if my boys and my mates kids are the same in 20 years as we are now and think there's a good chance they will be. 

Teach them so they don't know any better. My nephews turned Rangers daft the last year. It's hard these days because it's all Messi/Ronaldo for young ones, but slowly got him pretending he's McKay or Holt now when he's playing so it must be working?

Hes gutted he can't go to the Celtic game this weekend, would never take him this young anyway, but saying he really wants to go to Aberdeen after the split. See if his mum allows?

6 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Always enjoy reading various bears preparation for the Old Firm games - cultural tunes in the morning,shower, more tunes, roll and sausage, tunes,  cups of tea, meet up with a mate, songs, tunes, refreshments, bus to game.  My question is: will our children do the same?  Or has it all changed?  My children have no connection with the Old Firm game but ask me the score (sometimes).   

You have not done your job correctly then

Father to son/daughter

I have a 7 year old with autism and he is going next year.  He will be taught and brought up the way my da brought me up.

Maybe the OP so concentrate on making sure his kids are Rangers through and through and the rest takes care of itself.

We do not choose to support Rangers, Rangers choose us as it's in our DNA as no other team would ever do 

My daughter shows no interest in football, and I don't really mind. But it's not always the parents that teaches them. It is peers, friends and in the school playground (and yes, that includes certain schools where they indoctrinate one religion and way of thinking only). 

On that note, the first person who taught me the words to the Billy Boys was when I was 9, and he was 13. He had a slight speech impediment. 

For years, until I went to secondary school, I thought the song was the Burly Boys.... :dunno:

7 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Poor parenting in my opinion. 

Take my kid to Football training "Under 10s"  Barely see a kid with any Scottish club kit on, Normally they wear colour vests for teams,But now its Man U V Barcelona, Real Madrid V Chelsea etc, The talk is all Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney. I grew up on pitches full of Rangers and Celtic tops,Those days are long gone, Kids seem to find Scottish football Boring. My kids watch Rangers Games with there friends but I just don't see the passion I grew up with anymore.My Daughter "11" is desperate to go to a Liverpool game, No idea why as there is absolutely no Liverpool connections in my Family, For some reason they seem more appealing. 

7 minutes ago, teddybears1872 said:

Take my kid to Football training "Under 10s"  Barely see a kid with any Scottish club kit on, Normally they wear colour vests for teams,But now its Man U V Barcelona, Real Madrid V Chelsea etc, The talk is all Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney. I grew up on pitches full of Rangers and Celtic tops,Those days are long gone, Kids seem to find Scottish football Boring. My kids watch Rangers Games with there friends but I just don't see the passion I grew up with anymore.My Daughter "11" is desperate to go to a Liverpool game, No idea why as there is absolutely no Liverpool connections in my Family, For some reason they seem more appealing. 

Marketing, brand awareness, glamour.  They sell their products better than we do at the moment.  Good marketing will always get the attention of the easily swayed, the naive etc, which generally children are obviously.  I just don't see our game being sold very well.  And of course as a consequence of this, almost bottomless pit of money to attract some of the best players to the brand.