K.A.I

Graham Dorrans

23 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Then Norwich are playing him out of position. He is definitely not in the same mold as Ryan Jack and never has been. 

He's way better than jack.

If caxinha has watched him in his time at Norwich it would have been in a deep laying midfield position, in an ideal world I would be delighted with the 2 players with jack as back up but for me he's coming here as a starter and cheaper option. 

5 hours ago, gersandy said:

Hes still under contract so still due a wage. If a club comes in, hes away for free, thus saving norwich money in a pay off.

I remain unconvinced mate. £8.5M>give him away for free, and thats suppose to have some sort of positive financial spin on it for a club that apparently reigning things in? 

Anyone honestly think they couldnt get a couple of million for him? Or even a million? 

1 hour ago, Jackal said:

Evetytime I've seen norwich play he's been the deepest laying midfielder for them. 

Jonny Howson?

1 hour ago, Jackal said:

He's way better than jack.

If caxinha has watched him in his time at Norwich it would have been in a deep laying midfield position, in an ideal world I would be delighted with the 2 players with jack as back up but for me he's coming here as a starter and cheaper option. 

They are two different players, I wasn't comparing their ability. I was saying he isn't in the same mold as Jack, as in, he isn't the same type of player. 

Dorrans is an attacking midfielder, Ryan Jack is a defensive midfielder. It's like asking who is the better between Kante and Silva, they both play in different positions so aren't really directly comparable. 

18 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Jonny Howson?

No 

9 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Dorrans is an attacking player and always has been.

He hasn't been at Norwich. 

9 minutes ago, Jackal said:

No 

Very much the one who sits, the play with 2 but one breaks at attack. 2-3-1

2 hours ago, Jackal said:

Evetytime I've seen norwich play he's been the deepest laying midfielder for them. 

Laying? Whit school you go to?:hmmm:

35 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I remain unconvinced mate. £8.5M>give him away for free, and thats suppose to have some sort of positive financial spin on it for a club that apparently reigning things in? 

Anyone honestly think they couldnt get a couple of million for him? Or even a million? 

Think hes on a fair wedge (40 odd grand)

That initial outlay doesnt really matter as the money saved soon mounts up if they can offload him.

9 minutes ago, Jackal said:

He hasn't been at Norwich. 

lol

Probably an unpopular opinion but given our financial position I personally don't think Dorrans is worth the wages he'll likely want. Yes he's a decent player but I don't think he's good enough that we can be spending a big chunk of our wage bill on him, he'd likely be one of our highest earners if he was to sign.

If we've secured Alves, this is the next one I'd really like to see. His experience of the game, ie the level he's played at, would be invaluable for us to make a challenge next season. I'd like this club to regain the "second is nothing" mentality again, and this guy is definitely what we need in the midfield; he would very rarely let us down. 

1 minute ago, Walking On Water said:

He is in negotiations with us regarding a contract, apparently...

And you heard this from who/where?

4 minutes ago, Walking On Water said:

Source? If it's HITC then consider it bullshit

7 minutes ago, Walking On Water said:

Sauce?

21 minutes ago, Bossorange said:

Sauce?

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Walking On Water said:

Apparently, only hold up is we've offered two years... He wants three.

Only just turned 30 so til 33 seems reasonable to me, long enough for the professionalism and experience to rub off on guys like barjonas and burt

1 hour ago, Walking On Water said:

Apparently, only hold up is we've offered two years... He wants three.

I heard he was offered 3 but he wants 4. Any advance on 4?

The hold up after a year? 

Tell him two n he gets the extra year if we win the league. Or give him 2.5 ffs simple